72 Hour Kit

http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/page/logistics

SSG V (Texas) created this list for PFA/OAS:

72 HOUR KIT:

Things to have on you at all times

OAS72hrlist..odt

A Battle Buddy. Go nowhere without your battle buddy and they go nowhere without you. GO NOWHERE WITHOUT YOUR BATTLE BUDDY!!! Do not tell your battle that you "will be right back". Take them with you. Battle, make sure you go with them. I mean this. Safety in numbers and redundant safety is critical. Make sure your battle knows anything about you that you would want a Dr. to know if you were in an accident and were unconscious. Like, where your medical health card is. Get to know each other. Keep in mind that things could go terribly wrong here. Plan for it.

Drivers license & Military ID or other. I strongly recommend you have at least 2 forms of identification and have that info also copied on paper in color at least 2 copies. Dog tags are great. 1800nametapes.com.

Medical health card. Meds, allergies, blood type, medical emergency contact person info etc. Keep the medical info in Ziploc baggie with your copies of ID etc. This will protect it during rain or other and also keep it organized. Keep this in an easy to access area on your person. Preferably a shirt or coat pocket. Think EMT or other emergency first responder personnel. If you are unconscious for some reason this information is critical. Put an ICE contact name and number in this info. (ICE, (In Case of Emergency) Remember you will be in a foreign land. DC. We will not be welcome. Expect hostilities and plan accordingly.

Toilet paper and daily med kit. Ziplock bag

Contact phone list with address or GPS coordinates where you are staying, on paper, in case you lose your phone or it gets destroyed, stolen or confiscated.

Again, keep it in a ziplock bag.

Cell phone and charger. There are a number of emergency weather radios that have solar and hand crank chargers that can be hooked up to your cell phone for charging. They are small and light. Cheaper than dirt, Omahas etc. Plan as tho you will be in the wilderness. No access to electricity. Extra ziplock bag to put your phone in if it rains. Are you seeing a pattern here?

Writing pad and pen. Ziplock.

WATER!!! I strongly recommend a camelbak hydration pak with small backpack. This allows you to have 2 liters of water on you at all times as well as storage for all the other items that you need to carry with you each day. Available at Army surplus, Omahas, Cheaper than Dirt or some sporting goods stores. If you don't have a Camelbak make sure you have at least 2 canteens and a way to carry them. Again, available at army surplus.

Foot powder, extra socks, good shoes. If your feet go down, you go down.
Take care of your feet!!!

Other supplies:

• Hand sanitizer.
  • Insect repellent.
  • Flashlight and extra batteries.
  • Multi tool or pocket knife if law allows.
  • Nitrile gloves, several sets in ziplock.

Recommend you bring some dust masks (N-95 rated) in case of outbreak of some kind.

Individual first aid kit. (IFAK) Army surplus, Omahas, Cheaper than dirt, etc.

IN YOUR IFAK MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IMMODIUM AND PEPTO!

Additional supplies:

Rain gear, poncho, jacket for cool weather etc.
Hat, sunglasses, sunblock.
Space blanket, (about the size of a deck of cards) Army surplus, Omahas...
Food, snacks etc. Think, "I might not get home tonight". Water, shelter, food.
MRE's (with heater) are a really good source of calories and are compact and easy to prepare in the field. (Stay away from the mexican dishes).

Money in 2 locations. Small or moderate amount in "common" spot, larger amount in more "hidden" location. Ziplock. If you get mugged you don't lose it all. Your welcome.

Compact chair, folding etc.
Extra Ziplock baggies.
Bandana, Sheyma or balaclava to protect face etc.
Recommended. Gas mask/Pro mask. Think about this. We are no longer in America. You've seen it on the news in other countries. They were doing what we are planning. If we are lucky, gas will be their first defense. If we leave they win. If we have Pro masks we stay. I expect they WILL use gas. Omahas, army surplus, Cheaper than dirt (CTD), etc.
2 way/CB radio.

Daily items to be left at base camp (if you have one).

72 hour ruck sack or super ruck to hold all your packable gear. Make sure you can carry it. Army Surplus, Omahas, CTD etc.
Extra water. THINK. How long am I "planning" to be here?
Extra food. Again How long am I "planning" to be here, and then realize "plans change".
Prescriptions or other daily meds. Enough to carry you thru, Especially prescriptions.
Toothpaste and toothbrush.
Personal toiletries, razor, soap, wash rag, deodorant, towel etc.
Extra toilet paper, good storage method is to vacuum seal with food saver. 1 roll will shrink down to about a 3rd of normal size and it is waterproof.
Rubbing alcohol for your feet. Use it at least once every 2 days if you don't get to bathe. ^ TRUST ME ON THIS ONE ^ Clean, dry feet are critical.
Body powder, think corn starch. DO NOT USE FOOT POWDER AS BODY POWDER!!!
Sleeping bag, pillow and sleeping pad, cot or air mattress.
Extra batteries.
Extra clothes, undergarments etc.
Ice chest/Cooler.
Laundry detergent, and quarters (if you plan to stay that long)
Extra Ziplock baggies.

My mindset is always, "what is vitally essential if I have to walk home from here and especially, what do I not need? Don't take it if you DON'T NEED IT, don't leave it home if you DO NEED IT or, would I want to hump this home on my pack if I don't really need it?

REALIZE and understand that this is a major operation. This is not a weekend, recreational camping trip. It is a serious operation and things can and probably will go different than what you think. Don't be a liability to your battle buddy or your team. Be prepared.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Good luck! 
SSG V

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i think there are flashlights that don't need batteries or have long  lasting.  Batteryless radio.  They do have them - wind up for sure.   Make sure it will get weather and police scanner.  thin plastic poncho like you see at sports games.  umbrellas are too heavy and will get in the way.   Maybe the "blankets" they have that keep heat in but aren't heavy? 

• great post thanks

• When you are talking about "the thin kind you see at ball games" realize that this isn't going to be over in 3 hrs. This may take weeks or even months. Cheap and thin aren't good words to use in a long term op. buy military grade and be comfortable and try to stay healthy. Just a thought.
  • great post!  thx!

• >>>   W . T . F .  ?????  " WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA " SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO BE WORRIED ABOUT OUR SECURITY , SAFETY , MARTIAL LAW , FEMA CAMPS , FOOD SHORTAGE , POLICE STATE , VIOLATION OF RIGHTS OR CONSTITUTION , IMPOSTERS IN OUR WHITEHOUSE , TRAITORS IN GOVERNMENT OR ANY OF THE SHAMEFUL SCANDALS CAUSED BY AN ILLEGAL COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT . 

JOIN THE " MILLION MILITARY MAN MARCH " ON WASHINGTON , D.C. ( DISTRICT OF CORRUPTION ) TO REMOVE THE TRAITORS FROM OUR CAPITOL ~ SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION AND INDEPENDENCE DAY .

-----------------------------------------------------  MAY  16  , 2014  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Just a few thoughts. Here on the left coast we have The Foxhole military Surplus. For me they were very often cheaper for everything than the BX. My boots were $20. Camelbacks are cheap. This is not the time to think about eating feta cheese pizza. Carry cans of Treet. Half the cost of Spam. Can be eaten out of can. Can makes dish or glass. Pull tab lid makes both spoon and knife. Tightly packed energy bars-not the high fructose corn syrup kind. Pull tab lidded canned beans. Remember caffeine makes you pee, that can get inconvenient in a hurry. Lots of bandaids, handful of rubberbands, tweezers. Back up contact plan with your ICE-what to do if you don't hear from me for x hours.

• Excellent Aubryn. People do need to realize that this IS NOT a walk in the park. This won't be convenient.
      THINK, PLAN!

• A very comprehensive list Lynn.. However, there is one other thing every person should bring, and that is a good , inexpensive cmaera or disposabal camera.. We will need to record any and all abuses by the authorities on our people.. We cannot rely on the media for any help in that area. In fact, just the opposite will be true..  You can be sure that any incounter will be blamed on us unless we can prove them wrong..  We must look out for one another...

• Good add. 

• One of the points I was trying to make is DON'T BRING IT IF YOU DON'T NEED IT. People have no concept of how heavy a ruck gets and how quick. I always have a 24 hr RUSH bag with me and it will get me a long ways. It is what I call heavy at 27lbs. A 72 hr can get twice that in a hurry. FEET health is critical. Bad feet, Bad day. 
    Thanks Pearler. 

This reply was deleted.