A Soldiers Perspective

Today, I (CJ Grisham) spoke before my local City Council here in Texas. Prior to my speech, I presented the Mayor and city council members with a copy of a draft resolution that seeks to nullify any federal laws that infringe upon our 2nd Amendment rights. I recorded the video and thought you’d be interested in hearing it. The text is below the video as prepared for delivery. If you would like a copy of the resolution I presented to the City Council, please email me.

The talking starts at 1:51 in video

How sad it is that we live in a time when our federal government has taken upon itself powers and authorities it does not wield as delineated in the Constitution. As I speak, there are those who have taken an oath to defend that sacred document that are systematically trying to dismantle it. Right now, there are no less than six bills sitting in various committees designed to limit or negate the constitutional rights of the citizens of this great country, this great state, and this great city. Specifically, I’m talking about the right to keep and bear arms.

At the end of 1773, King George and the British Parliament were furious at the colonies following the revolts of the Boston Tea Party. So, in response they passed the Coercive Acts to the disgust and outrage of American patriots.

The acts closed the port of Boston, abolished representative government and established an appointed body, made British officials immune to criminal prosecutions, and required colonists to house and quarter British troops.

The British government quickly realized that it was difficult to impose these laws on an armed populace. With only 2,000 troops in Boston having to pacify thousands of armed colonists, King George decided to deprive those early Americans of gunpowder. By 1774, the Redcoats had seized hundreds of barrels of powder from various powder houses. Then, the order was given to begin general, warrantless searches for arms and ammunition.

Nearly 240 years later, our rulers in Washington, headed by the uncrowned King Barack Obama, are attempting to do the very same thing.

In response to heinous acts by disturbed and evil individuals, Congress thinks that if they just deprive the people of their “black powder” they can restore a semblance of order. Bills have been submitted to ban certain types of ammunition carriers or magazines that can hold an arbitrary number of rounds. Another seeks to ban certain scary-looking guns despite these guns being used in only 2% of crimes. Another wants to force Americans to register their weapons to be grandfathered. Another wants to force you and I to perform background checks if we want to sell or give a weapon to our neighbor, friend, or distant family member. And yet another one seeks to violate our fundamental right to privacy through more invasive background checks that would prevent guys like me who suffer from PTSD from being able to exercise our rights to self-preservation.

None of these will solve the problems this country faces.

We can no longer count on the federal government to secure our rights granted by God Almighty and recognized as inalienable in our founding documents. It is no up to the states and local government to nullify these unconstitutional acts

Numerous cities throughout the country and in the State of Texas have passed resolutions recognizing our right to keep and bear arms. These resolutions make it clear that law enforcement and elected officials are directed to fulfill their oath of office to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Texas.

It’s a sad day when we have to ask for resolutions that recognize these fundamental rights. However, the only way the federal government is going to pull its collective head out of its fifth point of contact is for the States and the people to invoke their 9th and 10th Amendment rights.

I have presented a copy of my proposed resolution to members of this council, the city manager, and the city attorney for review. I want to leave you with a few quotes from our Founding Fathers and urge you to listen closely.

During the debates of the several state conventions while deciding to adopt the federal constitution, Zachariah Johnson said that “the people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in FULL possession of them.”

Samuel Adams eloquently stated upon ratification that “the said Constitution be NEVER construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, WHO ARE PEACEABLE CITIZENS, from keeping their own arms.” He wasn’t talking about the two God attached to our upper torsos, he was talking about our firearms.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with the Council to pass this resolution.

;

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A valiant effort.  We'll now see if your Mayor and City Council respect our Constitution as you rightly do. 

• Thanks for this article.

• Good piece written here. I would like to see a copy of his draft resolution. Perhaps it can be integrated along with the one I wrote over a year ago.

Twana, Please let me know if we can get a copy of it.

• God Speed!
  • THANK YOU  (SALUTE ) .

• We need many more like him.

This reply was deleted.