American company eliminates Labor Day

Goodbye Tyson Foods!
 American company eliminates Labor Day! 
Tyson Foods eliminates Labor Day in favor of Muslim Holiday! I think that you will find this
very interesting. Tyson chicken anyone?? None for me thanks! We all need to heed this message!
TYSON FOODS ELIMINATES LABOR DAY IN FAVOR OF MUSLIM HOLIDAY!

Tyson Foods in Shelbyville, Tennessee has eliminated Labor Day as a paid holiday in favor
of the last day of Ramadan because they have 700 Muslim employees. The fact that they
have almost that many non-Muslim employees is beside the point apparently!

I will no longer purchase any Tyson products.
It's just one more little chunk of America that's been bitten off.  If you wish to join me, then
let your e-mail friends know this. If we don't stand up for something we will fall for anything.
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
I did not believe even Snopes, so I checked it out myself.  Here is FOX News: 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2c2933%2c397645%2c00.html

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd rather eat bacon anyway!

• I just emailed their customer relations dept and told them
    Me and my family will no longer be purchasing their products and that I was going to tell everyone I knew to do the same. I hope the only customers they have will be Muslims. They can kiss my Red White and Blue Ass.
    • They can kiss my ass after I sh..
  • Sigh.
    I am just trying to be helpful here, and it really bugs me to see these things crop up over and over, and this one sounded familiar - and yes: it's from years ago.
    You seem to have the wrong snopes link.
    This is the correct one, and if you read it, you will see this was a temporary union initiated change that had been quickly renegotiated/reversed by the company and the union to reinstate the paid Labor Day holiday.
    The Fox article is based on the initial agreement back in 2008.
    Why do these stories keep getting repeated? Debunked. Repeated. Over and over...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/tyson.asp

Tyson Foods currently summarizes the issue on their web site as follows:
    Outdated, misleading information about Tyson employee holidays has surfaced on the Internet. Contrary to recently circulated reports, Tyson does NOT offer its workers a paid Muslim holiday at any location.

A labor union vote briefly changed the Labor Day holiday at the company’s Shelbyville, Tennessee, poultry plant in 2008. Tyson Foods did not initiate the change and immediately negotiated with the union to reinstate Labor Day as a paid holiday, resolving the matter more than three years ago.

Labor Day continues to be one of the paid holidays for Team Members at all of the company’s U.S. plants.
  • That's good to hear. Thanks for doing the research I should of done.
This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
17 hours ago
Sunday
Apr 8
Mar 31
Mar 27