Constitutional Emergency

"An open letter to Brent Bozell’s open letter" by Lawrence Sellin, PHD

An open letter to Brent Bozell’s open letter

by LAWRENCE SELLIN, PHD April 27, 2016

cruz _ trump 2016

This article is a statement of the facts, and is not meant to, or intended to, be interpreted as a political endorsement, or lack thereof, of any political candidate. Family Security Matters takes no political point of view whatsoever. 

On April 26, 2016 Breitbart published Brent Bozell's open letter asking Sarah Palin, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, Phyllis Schlafly and other conservatives to withdraw their endorsements of Donald Trump.

Mr. Bozell, you ask "Does Donald Trump mean a word he says?"

Well, Mr. Bozell, we already know that the Republican Party doesn't mean a word that it says.

For example, prior to the 2014 mid-term elections, Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, speaking about Barack Obama's executive amnesty, said: "We will do everything we can to make sure it doesn't happen: Defunding, going to court, injunction. You name it. It's wrong. It's illegal. And for so many reasons, and just the basic fabric of this country, we can't allow it to happen and we won't let it happen. I don't know how to be any stronger than that. I'm telling you, everything we can do to stop it we will."

After the 2014 election, when voters gave his party control of Congress, the Republicans "rewarded" their constituents by enthusiastically facilitating the funding and implementation of Obama's "illegal" executive amnesty.

According an article in the left-wing outlet Politico and reported by Breitbart, Republican House Speaker John Boehner held secret negotiations with Democrat Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, leading up to his decision to flip-flop and fund Obama's executive amnesty; including a pre-hashed out deal to use the hoopla around Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's March 3, 2015 address to Congress over Iran's nuclear ambitions as political cover to sneak in the extraordinarily controversial vote.

As part of this effort, the former chiefs of staff to House Speaker John Boehner and Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, through a group called the American Action Network, spent $400,000 for advertisements aimed at pressuring House conservatives to support Obama's executive amnesty and fund it in its entirety through the end of the fiscal year.

On the same day as Netanyahu's speech, the Republican-led House of Representatives caved to the demands of Democrats and passed a "clean" Department of Homeland Security appropriations bill by 257-167 with a majority of Democratic votes. Seventy-five Republicans voted to pass the clean bill, 167 voted against passage. The measure provided full funding of the DHS through September 30th, the end of the federal fiscal year, leaving Obama's executive amnesty untouched.

In essence, the seventy-five Republicans, who joined all House Democrats to fund Obama's executive amnesty, aided and abetted the shredding of the Constitution by giving Obama the funding and future permission to rewrite federal law as he sees fit.

And what about Ted Cruz, the candidate you endorsed, Mr. Bozell?

Is it not Ted Cruz, who has joined the Republican establishment to thwart the will of the American people by back-room manipulation of the electoral process? Is that what you endorse, Mr. Bozell?

Was it not Ted Cruz, the candidate you endorsed, who voted in favor of the Corker/Cardin Amendment, which essentially "pre-approved" the Iran nuclear deal by turning the treaty provision of the Constitution on its head, changing ratification from the constitutionally-mandated 67-vote for approval to a 67-vote for denial?

Was it not Ted Cruz, the candidate you endorsed, who penned a Wall Street Journal op-ed with House Speaker Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) endorsing Obama's trade agenda -describing the TPP as an "historic" agreement that "would mean greater access to a billion customers for American manufacturers, farmers and ranchers?"

Like many in the Washington DC chattering class, Mr. Bozell, you just don't get it.

The November 2014 election was not an endorsement of the Republican Par... of Obama's dramatic expansion of government power. The voters demanded that Congress stop his fundamental transformation of America, restoring the Constitutional balance of power and ending the Executive Branch abuses against the citizenry. Yet, the Republican leadership and its toadies in Congress undercut that vote and became complicit in the enactment of Obama's unconstitutional policies.

And you speak about "sanity," Mr. Bozell? To paraphrase Albert Einstein, again trusting the Republican establishment and expecting different results would be insane.

Many Americans now believe that we are no longer citizens of a republic, but subjects of a reigning oligarchy composed of a self-absorbed permanent political class, which services the interests of wealthy financiers at the expense of the wider population. They maintain their authority by an ever-expanding and increasingly intrusive government and use a compliant media to manipulate public perception and opinion in order to maintain the illusion of democracy.

The two most important issues of the 2016 election are non-partisan.

(1)    The federal government and the media are, as institutions, hopelessly corrupt.

(2)    The United States has elections, but we no longer have representative government.

None of the problems facing the country can be solved effectively without first confronting those two issues. Any candidate addressing them directly will capture the majority of voters on both sides of the political center.

But let's be honest for a moment, Mr. Bozell. It is really not Donald Trump's words that the establishment fears, and it is not only the loss of political power, but they fear the revelations of past government conduct that might emerge, and the potential for investigation and prosecution.

Perhaps it is you, Mr. Bozell, who should do the "courageous thing," and stand with the American people and not with the corrupt political-media establishment.

Lawrence Sellin, Ph.D. is a retired colonel with 29 years of service in the US Army Reserve and a veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq. Colonel Sellin is the author of "Restoring the Republic: Arguments for a Second American Revolution ". He receives email at lawrence.sellin@gmail.com.

--

Views: 580

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sir: I have used nearly your EXACT words for the last three years when it comes to being one if those Americans who feels we are no longer a Constitutional Republic, but a cabal of the criminally corrupt and personally privileged Oligarchs who feel themselves to be superior to we peasants and as evinced by their disdain not only for the Constitutional procedures, policies and processes under the Rule of Law that made us a prosperous and independent nation, but exempt themselves from laws they impose on us like the potential effect of the NDAA, and most assuredly, the ACA; that scurrilous excuse for a national healthcare mandate known as Obamacare and whose exchanges are ALREADY bankrupting us further. I am not a PhD but, I have had a degree in government from the same college as former USMC 36th Commandant  and current  Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the military, General Joseph Dunford, who  graduated ten years AFTER me St. Michael's College in Winooski Park Vermont, whereupon graduating in 1967 with a new degree in Government, I enlisted in the Army and served with the 199th Light Infantry Brigade as Chaplain assistant and personal protection for MOH awardee Chaplain Charles Angelo Liteky for my first 6 months in 1968 and then , after returning home was assigned to the combat Traumatic Amputee Wards at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C for the remainder of my active duty. I never got to graduate school but have a son now 36 who has only to defend his thesis for his PhD in Sports Marketing and economics from the University of Georgia. I kid him about having done my "graduate work," at SMU ( Southern Mekong University on the Ca Mau Peninsula and various and sundry other locations on the lower half of South Vietnam) You have , sir, no idea how refreshing it is, for me to read your statements in rebuttal of Breitbart's publication of Brent Bozell's open letter and the closing thought with which I agree 100%. It restores my hope and confidence that not ALL American Citizens have gone over the bend and, there are  immediate signs of a sea change in temperament and action in this election that makes me believe there is not enough FRAUD in all the Left's and/or RINO various manifestations to prevent a Trump win for the presidency in spite of the obvious conspiracy by all ESTABLISHMENT parties to prevent it! There may be hope for our restoration to sanity and a return to Constitutional government under the Rule of Law as once in my youth I remember it to have been. It was not perfect, but it WAS a hell, of a lot better for all our problems than it is, NOW. The New World Order Agenda 21 elitists will do all they can to prevent Trump from becoming president. I worry about assassination and I was a college Freshman when JFK was killed by what I believed , even then in 1963, was a shadow government conspiracy to end freedom and individual choices worldwide and Kennedy was seen as an obstacle to that goal. Many laughed at that contention then, not so many now. Thank you for taking a stand and giving an enlightened reply to the unenlightened and typical leftist mentality. At 71 and disabled I am a pragmatic realist and resigned and prepared as much as possible  for what I think regardless of what occurs politically, is going to befall this WORLD because of the economic stupidity in the world but particularly by the spendthrift, irresponsible U.S. Government that has run up a $19 Trillion deficit. They, in this HONORABLY serving veteran's opinion mostly belong in prison, not in office and Hillary should never have been allowed to run. Period.

I have been asking that very question myself of Brent Bozell, Mr "Truth in Media, why, why the heck is he supporting and endorsing Senator Cruz, the very man who says he is Constitutional and has worked towards making the constitution defunct (i.e. TPA/Corker) he claims he is a Conservative and yet is supported by Goldman Sacs has stated that his super pacs have not done illegal things (need I remind him of Iowa or Colorado, or, or, or). I do not care about Cruz scandals of infidelity, that appears to be rampant in D.C. anyway, I care about how he has affected this nation and the pushing of cloture of TPA is a big, big one for me. To find our that he is a Bush man from way, way back (look at who his treasurer is the very guy that created a problem but gained so much from the Savings and loan banking problem-that Bush made millions) That he has lied about his loans, yes we all could go on with what we have found out about Cruz...but, another thing is, apparently Senators AND Congressmen have no respect for him, look what he did to Rand Paul, supposedly helped co-write the "Audit-the-fed"then NEVER showed up to vote, this way Senator Cruz can say that he was for it...meanwhile he was against it, all making for a convenient argument that he is all constitutional/conservative-meanwhile he is just a two-faced liar!

BREAKING! BREAKING! BREAKING!   Lyin' Canadian Rafael "Ted" Cruz has suspended his campaign!!!!

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service