An Open Letter To Mark Levin

January 22, 2016

Dear Mr. Levin,

My name is Lauren Stephens. I’ve been involved in politics for a long time – mostly just as a pissed off American, but I am also the owner of Conservative Campaign Consulting. I do not work for any of the Presidential Campaigns. I am not coordinated with any of them. I have not spoken to any of them. I am not being paid by anyone for this.

First off, I would like to let you know that I have been a huge fan and follower of yours since probably about 2007 or 2008. I have several, but not all, of your books. They are really good stuff. I have even downloaded the majority of your podcasts.

Mr. Levin, for years, I have had nothing but the utmost respect for you. Your word has always been your bond. If you doubt my sincerity, you can ask a former co-worker of yours from the Reagan Administration, Dixie Cassell. You could ask a real patriot, C Steven Tucker, from the Chicago area. You could ask a lot of people. They know me.

For years, you have been a champion of We The People, and maybe today, you still believe that you are. But at this point, I beg to differ. Not because I want to, but because I believe I have a little bit more inside information than you have on certain issues surrounding the Presidential race. And the GOP.

I hope you will keep in mind, my respect and admiration for you, before you respond – IF you respond. Although I am angry, I come to you without malice. I am here simply because I know of no other way to get this message to you.

A little background:

I lived in Wisconsin during the Reince Priebus reign of terror when he was the State GOP Chairman. I’ll bet not a lot of people know about that. Ask Former Congressman Mark Neumann, or any of the other Gubernatorial candidates, what happened when they dared to run against “The Chosen One”, Scott Walker, for Governor in 2010. Ask Michael Steele what happened when Reince Priebus decided he wanted Steele’s RNC Chairmanship. You can also ask Mark Willis the same thing, from 2013.

For that matter, you can also ask Rick Santorum, who decisively had the bulk of the primary support for the Presidential primary in 2012 in Wisconsin. Sorry Rick, you were in the way of the deal between Mitt Romney and Reince Priebus – who was desperate and willing to do ANYTHING to make sure that Wisconsin’s Golden Boy, Paul Ryan, was the Vice Presidential pick. But that could not happen unless Romney was the nominee. And I think we can all agree, Romney – as fine of a man as he is – was by far no one’s favorite. Everyone who was anyone in Wisconsin is well aware that there was a deal made with Romney which would guarantee him the nomination if Reince could get a Wisconsinite in the VP slot. Since they had already planned to run Walker for President, it could not be him.

By the way, Scott Walker, Reince Priebus and Paul Ryan have all been best buds for years. They all hail from Southeast Wisconsin. That alone speaks volumes, wouldn’t you say?

Reince Priebus is Lee Atwater on steroids. Remember the Southern Strategy?
Well, welcome to the Wisconsin Strategy.

I had Paul Ryan’s number way before you did Mr. Levin. Needless to say, I was happy when you finally realized what a fraud he really is. I cannot think of any other person who has done more damage to the GOP and Conservative values than him.

You could also ask my dear, sweet friend Jeanne Tarantino what happened to her when she ran for an Assembly seat in Wisconsin recently. And let me tell you, Jeanne is the most ethical, decent, caring, SMART, beautiful and faithful person I have ever had the honor of knowing. At one time, the GOP felt the same way. She worked in Walker’s administration. She was also the woman who single-handedly got Lt Governor Rebecca Kleefish elected.

But, when you are going up against one of the establishment – there will be hell to pay. And there was. Mostly led by Wisconsin’s so-called Conservative media. Conservative as in RINO, not Conservative as in you and I. Do you want to guess who gives them their rules of engagement?

That’s just how the GOP Cartel rolls.

Fast forward to 2015: Cruz was the first out of the gate and I was on board right away. Who wouldn’t be, right? He talks the talk, he says what we all want to hear. But… what did I really KNOW about him? What did anyone really KNOW about him? Did anyone bother to do a little deeper digging?

Apparently not, because if they had, and if you had, you would know what I know.

But before I get to all that…

Here is what I can say: Admittedly, I have been a huge fan of Trump’s since the 80’s (remember the Reagan days?!), when I bought “Art of the Deal”.

No matter where the man sits politically, he is not only a genius (literally), but he is a brilliant visionary. And he is smart. Academically and street-wise. And who can dispute that the man has taste? Would ANY of us prefer the Obama family over the Trump family?

No.

Over the years, I have watched him. I have read many of his books. I have seen him on TV. I have seen him in Congressional hearings. I have seen his commercials. I have seen him on the front page of the Enquirer (Marla Maples). I have seen the good and the bad of Donald Trump.

One thing I know for certain and without any reservation whatsoever – Mr. Trump LOVES this country, and dare I say, he is IN LOVE with this country. His allegiance is to this country and to the American people. Go to YouTube and search for any video on him, as far back as the 80’s and you know what? He mostly says the same that he says now. And, he has always said that he loves the working man, and it is obvious from what we are seeing now, that love goes both ways.

When Mr. Trump says he wants to “Make America Great Again” I believe him. I believe him with everything in me.  As do millions of other folks. I believe with the right people on board with him, this nation will prosper like never before. Trump is wise to seek the counsel of others. It is something he has done for decades. I don’t recall a time when Senator Cruz ever did any such thing.

Is it possible that Trump is not like you and I? Most definitely. However, I welcome his newer and more conservative positions than he has held in the past. We should always welcome this from anyone. Just as we did from former Democrat Ronald Reagan, and yes, just as we did from former Democrat Mitt Romney.

The real shame is this: Mr. Trump has been a VERY, VERY generous donor to the GOP, the RNC, the RNCC, and most every other Republican committee in this country. I did the research. And this isn’t new. He has been a major donor to GOP causes since at least the 80’s. And when I say donate, I mean he wrote many different checks for $30,000.00 each. And more. And less. There have been hundreds that I could find. Probably more that are too old to be on the record.

Let’s all just click right here and take a look, shall we?

That search is just a search by name and the word “Republican” it is not very detailed, but still, it PROVES without a doubt that he has been on our side a lot longer than the media has been trying to brainwash people into believing. (That database only has data back to the 90’s)

Facts… stubborn little things aren’t they?

Mr. Trump’s generosity, kindness and loyalty to the GOP didn’t end there. He has been a major supporter of MANY Republican candidates. You may like to cherry pick those donations a little and make it sound like he has only donated to Mitch McConnell, but the truth is, he has donated to MANY many wonderful incumbents and candidates. Let’s see what he donated in the 2014 election cycle, shall we? Did he donate to RINOs too? Sure. But isn’t it you who always tells us that in the end, a RINO is better than a Democrat?

Make no mistake about it: If not for the generosity of Mr. Trump, not only would the GOP not be who they are today, but there would be MANY Republicans who would have never been elected at all. Imagine that.

I do not suggest that this should buy him any favors. No. Not at all. My point is, the GOP and MANY Republicans are WELL AWARE that Trump has been on our side forever, and yet, they knowingly and fraudulently choose to perpetuate these lies. The lies that he just joined the party. The lies that he isn’t Conservative. Lie after lie after lie.

I would like everyone who is reading this to please watch this video of Donald Trump, from 1988… at the GOP convention. After watching that, you will know that Trump is not a new Republican. You will know you have been lied to. Over and over again.

Now, before I get to the Cruz thing (which is going to be really bad!), there is something that has been bugging the shit out of me…

Why do I keep hearing about this ethanol thing? Why?

Do I favor subsidies? Hell no!

Do I like ethanol? Of course not!

But Mr. Levin – it is absurd to go to Iowa, a state that obviously depends on the industry (thanks to Congress), an industry that employs what – 50,000 people supposedly – and announce, “The GOP says I am a jerk unless I come here and say we must get rid of ethanol”! I mean, who DOES that? Someone who is pandering to the GOP without any real consideration of the immediate consequences.

Does the President of the United States of America have the constitutional authority to end all subsidies? Without a pen and a phone of course. You know damn good and well that there is not one sitting Congressman who is going to allow that to happen.

So, Trump is “pandering” to Iowa, while Cruz is “pandering” to someone more evil, the GOP. Please tell us Senator Cruz, just how many jobs have you created in your entire life? Campaign staff not included.

I admit, I believe Mr. Trump is not on the right side of this issue, but I also believe it is possible that he clearly doesn’t understand why that is. And that is okay, he can be educated. He is a reasonable and intelligent man. I believe that in his heart of hearts, he just wants Iowa to prosper. After all, if you take away all those “subsidized” jobs, we will end up subsidizing those folks in the welfare system.

In the end, no one has the balls to eliminate ethanol subsidies, and we must blame Congress for that.

I hope we can all work on a solution.

Now, what is so ridiculous about this is that all this subsidy bashing seems to be limited to ethanol for some reason! Why?

Do we expect our candidates to go to Wisconsin and say “I am here to take away dairy and farms because you are subsidized”! How absurd would that be? I don’t hear anyone railing on and on about that. Why not? All Republicans do it!

Senator Cruz sure is taking in a lot of money from “big oil”, so I am going to challenge him to get his butt down to Texas as soon as possible and proclaim to all those donors that he will be immediately working to END ALL OIL SUBSIDIES (which are far bigger than ethanol subsidies). Mr. Cruz, please, show us what a real conservative you are – tell your donors you are going to cut them off if they elect you. By an Executive Order if need be. If you are not willing to do that, then you are a hypocrite and by your own standards, not a real Conservative.

The sad fact is, nearly everyone and every thing is subsidized. And we are just going to have to give Congress the blame for this because, as you know, they are the ones with the power of the purse.

Now, I am going to tell you, and anyone else reading this, why I dropped my support of Senator Cruz.

First of all, the way I see it, Mr. Trump was truly kind to Cruz. I believe the bromance was genuine, on Mr. Trump’s behalf. So let us not forget it was Cruz who fired the first shot by speaking so horribly of Trump in the undercover audio, which was later released to the public. It proved, without a doubt, that Cruz saw Trump as nothing more than another vehicle to take him where he wanted to go. You can click here to hear it.

Just from that, we learned how disingenuous and manipulative Senator Cruz really is. He is no victim here.

Having said that, I must say, I believe someone in the establishment purposely set that up. I know they wanted those two to fight so it would clear the field for their chosen one, Marco Rubio. Sadly, Cruz fell for it. He just couldn’t help himself.

I will not address the birther issue, mainly because it isn’t valid, and if we really wanted to talk about birthers, we MUST look to Cruz’s own father. He is the most egregious birther I have ever seen. Let’s not go there.

When I first heard about the campaign finance issue, where Cruz claimed that he simply “forgot” to report those loans, I knew it wasn’t true because it was impossible. It is impossible because Cruz is a very smart man. He also has a legal and compliance team. He also has a treasurer. Ted Cruz lied to the American people. And I am very sorry that some people still refuse to accept this.

I immediately started doing my own research. What I found was pretty unsettling Mr. Levin. I believe if you happen to be reading this, you will agree that the prima facieevidence is strong. I have also verified this with the Enforcement Division of the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

Let us all remember, Ted Cruz and his wife first lied when they said they cashed out everything they had. There is a very big difference between liquidating your assets, and getting a loan.

If you go to this story from 2013, you will see that not only was he on the record as making that claim (as he has made numerous times before), but there is also an audio clip of them (on the left side of the page).

“Ted Cruz recalled saying to his wife in the weeks before his Senate primary, when he was still behind in the polls, “Sweetheart, I’d like us to liquidate our entire net worth, liquid net worth, and put it into the campaign.”

“What astonished me, then and now, was Heidi within 60 seconds said, ‘Absolutely,’ with no hesitation,” said Mr. Cruz, who invested about $1.2 million — “which is all we had saved,” he added — into his campaign.”

Mr. Cruz is an Attorney, as are you. You both know the definition of liquidate. He lied. He lied in order to deceive people. He lied so he could get their money. He lied because he wanted the public to believe that both he and his wife had all the faith in the world in him.

Ironically, even Mrs. Cruz seemed uncomfortable with such a lie, as she tried on several occasions to change the story.

Now, about the “forgotten” loans. Were they really forgotten? No. Here they are:

cruz-loans

As you can see, he reported loans. He reported them back then. He reported them on time. So that Sir, is another lie that he continues to tell to this day. He didn’t forget anything. What he did was lie to the FEC, claiming they were personal loans from his personal money. He had no choice. That is what he told the public he did. Additionally, he never filed ANY loan documentation, which is a requirement no matter WHAT the loan source is.

Now, he wants us to believe that he is “forgetful”? That his legal and compliance team are inept? That his Treasurer might be crooked?

If this is the case, then he has NO business seeking the Presidency of the United States.

How much did Ted Cruz pocket by charging the campaign interest on that loan? It is an allowable practice and I want to know the answer. I believe the American people deserve the answer.

By the way, the public needs to understand that the money was paid back, however, it was paid for with campaign donations, not his own personal money. The Cruz’s were out nothing.

Later on, his Senate campaign transferred a LOT of Senate campaign funds to his Presidential campaign account. This happens to violate the law. See this here?

transfer

In addition to that, I allege Ted Cruz violated other campaign finance laws, such as the ones that pertain to declaring your candidacy and filing appropriate documents when you plan to run for office. We require candidates to do this because we deserve transparency.

When you look thru Cruz’s Senate campaign account, you will see that, at least since December 2014, Ted Cruz started spending a LOT of money in preparation of his Presidential run. He spent a lot of money in “early states”. He certainly exceeded the $5,000.00 threshold reporting requirement. He had 15 days to report. He waited at least THREE months. Although he started spending at least by December 2014 (and probably a lot earlier), he did not file his candidacy until March 23, 2015.

According to the FEC, these violations are:

11 CFR 100.72A
11 CFR 110.3C5
11 CFR 110.8D2
11 CFR 100.3

There is also another issue where the very forgetful Senator Cruz forgot to disclose another one of his financial connections.

It would appear, that Senator Cruz believes that he is above the law and that the laws do not apply to him.

The issues that I discovered with Ted Cruz run way deeper than this. While you and others continue to slam Trump for donations to RINOs, Ted Cruz has been a major donor to RINOs himself. We certainly don’t hear about that, now do we?

Ted Cruz’s Leadership PAC, the Jobs, Growth and Freedom Fund, which he is directly in control of, has been handing out RINO money since he took office. For this cycle though, despite the fact that he has plenty of money in it, the only money he has been handing out is to… you guessed it – Iowa lawmakers. Click here for that. No pandering to see here folks! Move along!

Let’s take a look and see whose palms he was greasing in the 2014 election cycle shall we? Click here to see the list.

Hmmm, is that John Cornyn’s name I see on that list? Joni Ernst? Dan Sullivan? Yep. And once again, he greased every Republican palm in Iowa, didn’t he. That is what career politicians do. That is something that you, Mr. Levin, stand against.

The deeper I dig, the more I don’t like.

Although Ted Cruz runs on a social conservative, evangelical platform, this is yet another deception. When Ted Cruz had the opportunity, THE opportunity, to nip gay marriage in the bud – did he? Nope, he turned and walked away. And what he chose NOT to fight for, is the exact case that led directly to gay marriage. You can read more about Lawrence vs Texas right here. You can read Supreme Court Justice Scalia’s response, right here. It sums it all up.

Mr. Trump may have, at some point, supported gay marriage, but he certainly isn’t the one responsible for it being law in this country.

I am very disappointed by all the people who now own Ted Cruz, including his Super PACs. From the get-go, Donald Trump made it clear to others that he was adamantly opposed to Super PACs, and in fact, he sent letters to them, demanding they cease and desist.

Why won’t Ted Cruz stand up against this? Why does Ted Cruz allow these PACs to exist on his behalf? Is it because he receives a lot of money from Citizens United, the organization responsible for the existence of Super PACs? If I am not mistaken, I believe there are more Super PACS and corporate money backing Cruz than any other candidate. We cannot deny that Cruz is heavily influenced by a lot of wrong people.

While Donald Trump is willing to fight his own battles and not hide behind Super PACs, Ted Cruz has been a coward, cowering in the corner, letting everyone else fight his battles for him. So he can then pretend to be a victim. It is repulsive and it doesn’t show strength or leadership.

One great example of this is how a Cruz PAC just put out a video claiming that Donald Trump bulldozed an old lady’s house in New Jersey to make a parking lot out of it. Another lie. Not only did he not buy the house, but the house is STILL THERE.

Furthermore, the one who created the problem in the first place was Bob Guccione, who first bought the surrounding property and actually built a construction cage around her home. Trump merely came in years later and tried to save the day – yes, even if it benefited him. To this day, the home still sits there, and they can’t sell it.

I am very upset that people affiliated with Cruz are now fraudulently claiming that Trump is now a favorite of the establishment. How does anyone believe such nonsense? Trump is leading by a long shot, he certainly does not need favors from the GOP.

If the establishment is indeed warming up to Trump, you can believe it isn’t sincere. I can only imagine that it is either because they are hoping Trump will line their pockets or because Trump has put the fear of God into them and they are terrified that Trump will jump ship and run third party. I also believe it is entirely possible that, as I predicted months ago, they realize the only way to take Trump down is by trying to make the public believe he is aligned with them.

If we want to talk about establishment connections, we really need to look to what Cruz is doing now.

A couple of weeks ago, Cruz bragged on Twitter that he was helping failed candidate Scott Walker raise money to pay off his disastrous campaign debts. This is about as insider as you can get. Walker, Preibus and Omnibus Driver Paul Ryan have been tight for a real long time.

And recently, Ted Cruz has been attending events with party insiders, as can be read here, which tells the story of a recent fundraiser in the home of Mary Matalin and Democratic Strategist James Carville, which was attended by none other than S. Scott Sewell, a Bush insider.

Typically, I would just write off this sort of behavior to being “just politics” but it just doesn’t set well with a lot of people when you have someone like Ted Cruz out on the campaign trail, trying to pretend he is some perfect little angel and that he is being bullied by the big, bad Donald Trump.

Mr. Levin, this open letter is not meant to be disrespectful or to suggest that you are being dishonest. I believe that you have simply been too busy to do a lot of deep digging. I hope I don’t have to face your wrath, but I am willing to, because 2016 is important.

If you have any desire or ability to intervene in this matter and make the fighting stop – I hope that you will. It is doing great harm to Conservatives.  For the most part, prior to this, the Cruz Crew and the Trumpettes were all getting along and it was just a matter of which one would have the higher office. Are we all able to grow up and get back to that?

I also call on both candidates to knock this shit off. It is childish and unproductive. I appreciate that Trump is willing to take the heat for his past and ongoing positions. Mr. Cruz, I wish you would do the same, but the lies about Trump will only harm your candidacy. You can make it stop.

Think of it like this Senator, if Trump wins and you are VP, you’ll potentially have EIGHT years as VP and then guess what…. you’ll likely get EIGHT more as his successor. You win.

At the end of the day, I will vote for any Republican who is on the ballot in November, even if that happens to be Ted Cruz, but I believe that only Donald J. Trump can Make America Great Again.

Best Regards,

Lauren Stephens
info@laurenstephens.com

--

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow, some letter and greatly appreciated. I wish you could have touched on some of his voting records, because that disturbs me as well, why cloture for the TPA which essentially empowered the unavoidable passage, as well as cloture for Loretta Lynch, why was he a no show for his co-authored "audit the fed" why did he vote no for the Zigroda bill if he is for "the people" (affects way more than just New Yorkers). There are my more examples of this. He presents himself as conservative and then votes/non-votes affect the complete opposite of what is said. Aldo barring the fact of his well spoken very interesting 21 hour filibuster (Which Rand Paul assisted him with) he was NOT able to pass a single thing. Many of us are aware of his wife;s work including for the North American Alliance (which the TPA certainly makes the whole thing come to fruition ever more quickly). We know about his want for increased visa's which is puzzling, especially after the complaints of many tech personnel complaining that they are training their replacements and then losing (these are Americans losing) their jobs. The relationship with Ryan as you have explained above now makes that vote and want come into focus, especially after Ryan said "We need people to do what Americans will not do" (which we all know is poppycock) Why is Ryan doing this by the way?   One personal thing here, I remember in he 1960's, 1970, & 80's there was a call and a concern about "overpopulation in the world, Many Countries as ell as the USA dropped their families to 2.5 or 1.5 children, even though many of us wanted more,,,and now we are being told (after doing that for a couple of decades) that we need more people in our nations because there are not enough to do jobs (even with 94 or more millions out of work) I find this utterly insulting, and angering especially when responsible persons made this sacrifice-we are told we did this for economic factors because each child is so expensive. how insulting! But those are my thoughts and questions...Thank you

• I've always said Cruz sounded like an evangelical preacher, some of the one's I have seen are crooks! Now I know why Cruz rubbed me the wrong way!

• Great letter, my decision to back Trump is the right one.

• Wow, what a letter!

I did not have time to check out the links, but the fact that she states that Trump did NOT force Kilo (New London CT case of eminent domain) to sell, that this all happened before Trump came on the scene, and tried to make the best of the situation, and in fact the house is still there, is a big one for me, because I was afraid about the eminent domain issue.

Well, I will just have to do the best I can to see if this letter has any effect on Mark Levin (I can't always listen to his show), and see what happens. I do like Trump's boldness and especially the immigration issue. I have liked Cruz as well, though the Democrats could ruin his campaign with the "birther issue, as Grayson has vowed to sue if Cruz wins. 

In the end, I will back anyone, even Jeb Bush, against Hillary or Sanders - if either of them win, THAT would kill us off for sure!

• I checked out the links and it is all there for anyone who really WANTS the truth!  I added them ALL to my Bookmarks.  BTW, I will not vote for a number of the candidates should they win (I will write-in Trump), nor would I vote for Killary or Sanders.  Some I would vote for, such as Carson or Paul.

• Thanks for posting this Harry! But I will NOT vote for Cruz, or Rubio, should either win the GOP nomination as they would be usurpers for the same reason Obama is, two wrongs do not make a right. I am willing to vote for Trump, but would hold him accountable if he wins the election.

• Good idea Lee. Why don't you just start a group that helps republicans lose the 2016 election instead?

• Neither Cruz or Rubio are natural born citizens per the Constitution and I will not vote for them because of that. If you find that objectionable I suggest you are not a true patriotic American. It is possible that Cruz or Rubio could continue America like Obama has but you are too stupid to realize my objections to either man.

•  TO; Lee Vail, I am with you 1,000 %, I think Cruz & Rubio are plants !! THEY are NOT ( National Born ) You don't need the Supreme Court, in on this! the Constitution say's it all !!!

• If you are a true Patriot, you would not vote for either of them - I certainly will not, nor would I vote for some of the others.  NO MORE HOLDING MY NOSE AND VOTING FOR THE LESSER EVIL!!!

This reply was deleted.