Constitutional Emergency

ANOTHER LOOK AT THE MISSILE LAUNCH OFF CALIFORNIA'S COAST

ANOTHER GOVERNMENT COVER-UP!!!  WILL IT EVER END???

Sliding silently under the mud, muck and fog of national politics, is a current event that makes Bill Clinton's excursion into the world of elderly sex look tame in comparison.  This time the nation's national security is truly threatened in my opinion, and it involves not only a weak President with limited problem-solving ability, but leadership at the highest levels in the Pentagon as well.  The American people would do well to demand a full investigation by an unbiased group, and let the chips fall where they may.  I am referring to the "missile shot" taken of California coast recently, and the lame response by NORAD, the Pentagon and the White House itself.

First, in hope of adding some creditability to my assessment of what really happened just off the coast of Los Angeles let me convey a bit of my background which can be checked easily by going to Google and typing in my name.   An Air Force biography will appear.

During the late eighties I was assigned to NORAD, as a Command Director initially and later as the assistant Director of Operations for NORAD.  The NORAD operation was located inside the Cheyenne Mountain complex just outside Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Twenty four hours a day a team of approximately 150 highly trained individuals, lead by a Brigadier General, monitored one of the most sophticated computer systems in the world.  This system was fed data from many different sensors that were able to detect missile shots from any point on the globe.  All this data was taken into consideration when making the "assessment" as whether or not North America and/or Canada were threatened by such a launch.  If the launch was assessed as a true threat, the President was contacted immediately by NORAD through a military individual always close to the President who carried what we called, "the football", a black brief case with release codes for our nuclear forces.   I know the system well, as for near three years I led one of those teams.

In addition, for over 25 years, I flew US Air Force fighters to include the F-106, F-4, F-15, F-16, and commanded an F-15 Squadron and an F-16 Wing.  The sole purpose of the F-106 assignment was to maintain an ability to become airborne in minutes to intercept inbound bombers posing a threat to the US mainland.  Untold hours were spent studying and being tested on visually identifying an air-to-air threat to include its type and threat potential.  I understand the difference in an aircraft contrail and a missile launch contrail.

In my opinion there is absolutely no doubt that what was captured on video off the coast of California was a missile launch, was clearly observed by NORAD, assessed by a four-star General in minutes, and passed to the President immediately.  That is the way the system works, and heads fall if there is a failure.  This is one of the most important tenets of National Defense and its sole purpose of protecting the American people.  Even the smallest failure in this system gets intense scrutiny at the highest level.

Now, the question that still must be answered is why NORAD's muted response was simply that North America was not threatened, and later our government approved the lame excuse that the picture recorded was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail.  This decision was made far above the four-star level, and because the system in place demands it, was made by the President himself.

There are many possible answers to the question why.  Normally, when a situation of this nature occurs the decision makers in Washington feel it would create panic among the mere mortals who go to work every day.  To avoid shocking the population the truth is shaded, or sometimes just kept quite in hope it will just go away.  I would say to our government officials who disregard the intelligence of the American people, be careful.  The people are awakening, and their trust in our government is fading.  This level of decision making will hasten that process.

In my opinion we must question the timing of this shot across our bow.  The President was abroad being diplomatic, which means trying to placate China which is becoming overly concerned with our handling a totally out of control deficient in spending.  They do not want our debt to them be paid in cheapened US dollars, and it appears that our current plan is to do just that.  China is devoting a major portion of their GDP to defense spending, and what better time to show the US that they can slip a missile equipped submarine through the South Pacific undetected right up to one of our largest cities, than right now.  And, the Chinese have the guts to do it.

Important in my opinion is that once again the leader of this nation chose to disguise the truth and keep the American people in the dark on an issue that constitutes a major threat to the entire population of the United States of America.  This is no longer a threat to only our military thousands of miles from the homeland.  This is a show of force sending a signal that downtown USA is now capably of being hit by an undetected submarine and at any time.  It may very well be the beginning of the real power struggle between the United States and China. If so, I predict the next phase will be China's demand for the US to cease support of Taiwan, and so it goes. 

President Obama is getting in over his head once again on this one.  Hiding the severity of issues we face with China to include this possible signal of strength is a terrible mistake.  It is happening at a time that our Secretary of Defense, under the guidance of the President, is literally gutting our military forces.  We have seen it already when the F-22 buy was cut from over 600 aircraft to 187, and research and development for follow on systems severely reduced.  This is but one of hundreds of examples of military reductions.  I fear that this could be another reason for this cover-up.  If the American people fully realized the severity of the threat they might demand restoring our military to face the growing threat from China and Russia, as opposed to the massive domestic spending that we have witnessed over the past two years.

So, where does this leave us?  Again, the people must decide and place pressure on the government to insure that our National Security remains intact.  Military strength prevents war.  Military weakness invites not only war, but also a lack of deterrence for intervention and bullying on many fronts.

If there was ever a time for the people to look closely at the national leadership and demand honesty and integrity, it is now.  This is not a Democrat or Republican issue.  At issue is electing those who have the ability to make proper decisions for our country, and will do so with no regard to their own personal gain.  It is time to elect a President and a Congress who will put country above self, and defend this great nation against all enemies, foreign or domestic, and above all be honest with the people who honored them with election to high office.

Jim Cash

Brig. Gen., USAF, Ret.

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That thing didn't have wings on it; NOT a plane! Also the wrong color plume for a plane.
JKC........I quoted the original as BG Jim Cash sent to me........I received it directly from him.......
America is committing suicide.

911 did not wake up New York - they're still electing Democrats.

The attack on LA will not wake up California, either.
I agree John.
I lived in NY during 9/11, I moved from there, then sold everything and got the hell out of CA too, and now in AZ.

I would NOT EVER elect a DEM if my life depended on it. Not that the GOP is any better, but I dont see the same evil.

Those places will get nuked, and they will be screaming that the WHITE MAN DID IT.

Im sick of the Commies. Im SICK of this EVIL, no-good rotten, debaucherous government.
This never happened - nothing to see here - go about your business.

If this happened three years ago Michael Moore et al. would be screaming about how either:

1. It was a Halliburton Missle shot by War Hawk Dick Cheney.

OR

2: It was a gross Security Breach that could only happen due to Bush's incompetence.

MAYBE BOTH.

This country is so fragmented and so hell bent on suicide that New York or Los Angeles could be hit with an Iranian Nuke and it would make no difference.
I agree with Pauli, the longer we wait the harder it will be.
William; A General has suggested, somewhere on the net that the military MUST execute a 'peaceful' coup. I dont know what everyone is waiting on.

Missles are here now.

Good men need to arise.
I dont know what else to say :(
Us gals are not the experts on this type thing.
General, we need opinion of the knowledgeable people and such information have to be publish. Who else is able to make the change? It is only military. Are the people in command traitors? Are they sheep led by self appointed commander who has no military background and no constitutional legibility? Thank you for exposing this government cover up.
L.Col. Jerry Milek, CZAF,Ret.
This government won't do do anything until a nuke is dropped on a city. This prez is a lame dick or is it a lame duck either way he will not do anything to any one. No one in this government will not do anything until a million or so are dead and or turned into so much vapor.

And the speaker of the house hates this country as much as the prez does so when you have that much hate in the gov. then you wind up with a gov. that only cares for it's self and that is what is happening in this country, there is so much hate in the gov. that they do not care about what is happening. This country has already committed suicide. If the government does not want people to know what is going on in the world or what is going on around the country then what would you call it? I call it a slow death. This prez is doing everything he can to destroy the US and he refuses to listen to anyone because he thinks he is right about everything including this matter he is an unreasonable dick head and needs to be flushed out of the W/H he should never have been elected in the first place. Here's the question WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IF A NUKE IS DROPPED ON THIS COUNTRY? WILL HE DO ANYTHING? OR WILL HE JUST SIT THERE AND LOOK DUMB?
Colonel,

Two things come to mind: 1) I'm a missileman, and
an Aircraft Maintainer. I know Condensation trails from
both types of air-bodies. This was a missile.

2) There is more than one reason for a simulated
hostile act; for instance, monitoring the means by
which POTUS is brought into the loop while out
of country. This is known as gamesmanship. To
use the intel gathered from it, one is more ready for
brinksmanship. A five paragraph field order makes
sense, here. Study Sun Tzu for more advice.

Woe to us if we do not force the DOD and the team
of advisors for POTUS to get off the dime and start
up-grading the protective measures employed in the
protection of this country!

Luther
General, you are correct about the capability of an enemy with proper weapons being able to approach close enough to our coast to fire a missile (s) into the interior or coastal cities of our country. They would be detected however, if they came within our territorial waters. Whether they would be detected outside our territorial waters is another matter. We have the entire oceanographic perimeter of our country covered with an underwater detection system that can not only tell who it is, but what it is, including the class of vessel and whether it is a threat. They know too that we have the system. It was in place and has been so for many years now.

Without question, this was indeed a missile firing. The question is was it fired from a friendly or potential enemy? I personally would lean to North Korea which has proven (1) they have nukes, (2) they have submarines, (3) their leaders are absolutely and irresponsibly insane about their hatred for the USA, (4) they know that if indeed they did fire a weapon at us and do any damage with a nuke, they would be removed from the face of the earth with our own missiles. China of course is building towards the largest, newest modern navy to include every class of ship and submarines capable of firing such missiles. China is not however in the mood to be the recipient of more than twenty five thousand nukes in response to their initiating a nuclear confrontation with the USA.

My single largest concern at the moment is, what would Obama have done if the missile had been fired on one of our cities? Would he have pushed the button to launch retaliatory attacks on whomever launched against us? Would he have had the nerve to do so? Or would he have consulted his friends in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, Indonesia, and maybe even Afghanistan before deciding whether to send a missile at another aspirin factory or would he issue a stern warning to say to North Korea to not do that again or he would have to take some serious action.

No, this was not an American boat firing a test missile. Our test firings are publicised and all maritime vessels warned to stay away from certain areas during those tests. So the firing was from someone with the definite capability to hit our shores. The answer to the question raised by someone elsewhere in these posts is that the missile will be capable of hitting virtually any city from the pacific coast to the Atlantic coast. Or if a medium range missile, all of the country at least to the missippi river from the West Coast and vice versa from the Atlantic coast. Time to own up to the reality that we are indeed not invulnerable and to stop with trying to bs the American people. There are enough of us that have the ability to think and do not need the Government to think for us.

Too often we have in our history found that after a war our Congress sometimes following the will of the people tired of war put down our arms and in some cases even destroyed them so that we were unprepared to defend our country when attacked. WWII came upon us virtually unprepared to fight although our Military Leaders knew that war was inevitably coming. Korea also found us unprepared and woefully untrained to fight to the point that our occupying forces in the South were almost pushed off the penninsula until the Marines arrive to hold back the North Korean forces until MacAurther could mount the attack at Inchon and virtually wipe out the North Korean Army. While we were prepared for the Viet War militarily, our Administration at the time and the Congress was not prepared to let the military win. Accordingly, this became one of our longest wars and for what? The Congress pulled all the funding for the South virtually assuring that the South even though at that time were winning and kicking the North back across their borders would lose and several million in the region would be killed and many of the military of the South would be killed along with civilians who were perceived as being against the north. Our Congress actually lost the war, that our military had won in Viet Nam. It was a hard lesson for our military to learn but they did learn which is why we were so successful in the first gulf war and the second gulf war even after the Congress once again tried to hamstring our military. I am afraid our single largest enemy is the Democratic Party and this Administration. If they do not learn a lesson from this latest election it will definitely be time to teach them what they need to know.
This issue will be a test of the new Congressional majority......will they investigate with the determination of a bull dog and lop heads; or will they simply ignore the issue and hope it goes away? After all, it's only a matter of national security which doesn't seem to important anymore......

I hear nothing from the 112th Congressional leaders as to the seriousness of an unknown missile fired literally within eyesight of the United States of America.

We would do well to fire up our newly elected and the "ole guard".......McConnell seems to have gotten the message on "earmarks"....

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

© 2014   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service