Replies

• Here are some yahoo groups to check out:

OKHSMOM-INFO

homeschoolinginokcmetro

ok-Homeschoolers

okcareahomeschoolers

NorthwestOKCHomeschoolers
  • My wife and I homeschool our seven children in NC. Our oldest is 16 years old. It has been a great adventure and it is an ideal way stay in touch with your kids as they grow. We are also involved in the Civil Air Patrol. The CAP has been an asset in developing discipline, respect for authority and commitment to excellence. The survival and emergency services training are also valuable.

If anyone is considering homeschooling their children but feels inadequate for the job perhaps my wife's story will encourage you. She came from Vietnam when she was 18 so English is not her first but actually her third language. When I met her she spoke broken English and was new to American culture. She learned phonics with our first child and taught him to read. Today in 10th grade he places at a college sophomore level in reading comprehension and writing on national achievement tests.

If you love your child, you can do it. Homeschooling is definitely an option.
  • We, too, homeschooled until the kids went to middle/high school four years ago.....after the initial shock of public education (The A students went to C students and then back to A students in about 18 months) my son is due to graduate with honors, and my daughter is in all honors classes making As. My son recently beat out several dozen applicants for a job because he interviewed so well the head guy called another store and recommended they hire him on the spot....they did. Homeschooling and Boy Scouts made my son what he is (He's an Eagle Scout). I heartily recommend these programs and am willing to answer any questions to anyone interested.
    bo@icinstitute.us
    Bo
  • http://roadmaptolastbesthope.com

This is a great history program for homeschoolers. Its done by Bill Bennet
    在线a免费观看直播_在线精品视频免费观看_永久看日本大片免费
    警告:未滿18岁者請勿進入在线a免费观看直播!本站共有影片522678部,可在线秒播放 | 今日更新487部,在线a免费观看直播片源豐富,|內容全面!在线a免费观看直播_在线精品视频免费观看_永久看日本大片免费,註意自我保護,適度觀看電影,合理安排時間,享受健康生活!
  • I'm homeschooling two children right now, and the cost of books/supplies is ridiculous. Looking for anything on-line that would help, I have an 8th grader & 6th grader...Thanks so much..: o )...BTW,..the public school system is worse then you can imagine! I'm sure most people are not aware they have children who are predators attending public schools, and they PROTECT them. In facts they don't even feel the need to tell the parents of the children who have been touched. I can only speak for one school that I know for a fact does this,..but if one school will do this,....well,...
  • Resources for homeschooling:

Mardel Christian Book Store

Rainbow Resource

Bob Jones University (Homeschool curriculum)

Abeka (Pennsacola Christian University)

Alpha Omega (Lifepacks & Swithced on Schoolhouse)

Saxon Math

Math-U-See

AVKO Sequential Spelling

Apologia Science

Chrisianbooks.com
  • I absolutely believe in homeschooling. The last 50 years the schools have been sliding...the students being indoctrinated, wanting to dumb down our children. After talking to my grandchildren, and their friends I can see clearly, it has been an endeavor to socialize them, not teach them.

Good for home schooling where children can be educated on how to make a living, and learn good old fashioned values.
  • No,..Bloomington doesn't have anything for home school, at least nothing I've found. I contacted a few groups over the past two years, no return phone calls. I assume it's my location, bleeding heart liberal town! Not to many people want involvement in this system here, corruption all the way to the top.
  • An exceptional online resource, which covers the core subjects, is Time4Learning.com -- they are adding other sites as well (Time4Writing, etc.). The cost is $19.99 a month, with a healthy discount should you pay for a year at a time. If you are using an umbrella school, Time4Learning is often listed as a vendor, which means they'll take the monthly/yearly cost directly out of your allotment, so you don't have to spend any money out of pocket. They also have a referral program, which can certainly help with your expenses, as well.

If you join, there is a box to mention who referred you. Please be sure to tell them that I referred you. (shy777@gci.net).

I hope this helps!
  • You can always try Craigslist in or around your area...I bought a Saxon math complete kit from someone that did not live near me. I paid to have them ship it to me. It was much cheaper and it was in almost brand new condition. Just an idea.
This reply was deleted.