Constitutional Emergency

http://www.examiner.com/article/army-colonel-ignites-firestorm-with...

A retired U.S. Army colonel who now teaches modern warfare to soldiers at the University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. has co-written an article with a Civil War expert that has ignited a firestorm today among those increasingly concerned about what some say is a distinct anti-civilian tone that has infected much of the military and Homeland Securitysince 2009.

Retired Col. Kevin Benson and Jennifer Weber, Associate Professor of History at the University of Kansas, co-wrote an articlefor Small Wars Journal on a 2010 Army report titled, "U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, The Army Operating Concept 2016 - 2028."

The report describes how the Army will respond to threats "at home and abroad" in the coming two decades and in doing so has made clear that a monumental cultural shift has occurred in the thinking of those at the top levels of military command. This shift has some government watchdogs worried, particularly given that Benson is using the platform provided at Fort Leavenworth to indoctrinate soldiers in his vision of the nature of modern warfare in America. According to the vision articulated by Benson, future warfare will be conducted on our own soil. The military will use its full force against our own citizens. The enemy will be average citizens whose values resonate with those articulated by the tea party.

The fictitious scenario used in the Army report as a teaching tool is a future insurrection of "tea party activists" in South Carolina. As the scenario goes, the tea party group stages a takeover of the town of Darlington, S.C. The mayor is placed under house arrest and prevented from exercising his duties. The police chief, the county sheriff, and other law enforcement officials are removed from office and told not to interfere. The city council is dissolved. The governor of the state, who had previously expressed solidarity with tea party goals, does little to address the situation.

A news conference is called by the new town leaders, all tea party activists, who tell the media that due to the failure of central government to address the concerns of the citizens, the Declaration of Independence has been re-imposed and the local government has been declared null and void. From the report:

When the leaders of the group hold a press conference to announce their goals, they invoke the Declaration of Independence and argue that the current form of the federal government is not deriving its “just powers from the consent of the governed” but is actually “destructive to these ends.” Therefore, they say, the people can alter or abolish the existing government and replace it with another that, in the words of the Declaration, “shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.” While mainstream politicians and citizens react with alarm, the “tea party” insurrectionists in South Carolina enjoy a groundswell of support from other tea party groups, militias, racist organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan, anti-immigrant associations such as the Minutemen, and other right-wing groups.

Several items of interest are to be noted in the scenario the Army uses to describe the tea party activists -- "right wing," "extremists," "insurrectionists," all of whom are lumped together with militias and organizations that are considered "racist" and "anti-immigration."

By contrast, those who oppose the tea party are referred to as "mainstream."

The obvious question that arises is why would this sort of scenario, with its obviously biased and skewed portrayals, be presented as a teaching tool to young soldiers? Why would the U.S. military consider the tea party to be "extremist" or "insurrectionist?" And why would the tea party be classified together with groups that are "racist, "anti-immigration," and "extremist right wing?"

In the numerous tea party rallies that have occurred across the nation no racism was noted by any observer. Speakers included persons of all races and ethnic backgrounds. No sentiment was expressed against legal immigration but outrage was directed toward those break the law and enter the country by illegal means. And the charge that the tea party is extremist right wing is difficult to justify given that the main thrust of the movement is the protest against runaway government spending that has placed the nation on the brink of economic ruin due to its enormous and unsustainable debt.

Yet repeatedly since the election of Barack Obama in 2009, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has referred to the tea party as "potential homegrown terrorists."

Why? Not a shred of evidence remotely suggests that the tea party has any connection whatsoever with terrorists. Yet some of President Obama's closet longtime friends have not only been associated with terrorism but actively participated in it, such as Bill Ayersand Bernadine Dohrn, who as members of the Weathermen from the 1960s and 70s bombed federal buildings that resulted in the deaths of police officers.

But if one listens to the rhetoric emanating from the White House, DHS, and now the U.S. military, one gets the impression that none of the president's friends ever posed a threat to the country but hundreds of thousands of tea party activists are ticking time bombs lying in wait to unleash a nuke on an American city at the drop of a hat.

The brainwashing against conservatives by this administration has had a definite impact on the military. One analyst who works for retired U.S. Maj. Gen. Paul E. Vallely told this reporter that now over half of Pentagonpersonnel are solidly in Obama's corner and share his values and world view.

And with the publication of the Benson and Weber article, it is now clear that the U.S. Army considers it a valid proposition to assume that a future civil war will be sparked not by extremist Islamists with dirty bombs or left wing insurrectionists inspired by Alinsky or Ayers but by the tea party and the conservatives who participate in it.

Views: 2057

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

This article may not be so far off the mark.For years now our society has been moving to the far left.Its in our schools Universities and all areas of our lives.Our true history is not being taught annymore

This could happin.

This is scarey

One thing for sure, the instruction at Fort Leavenworth Command and General Staff College or any other class work at high level military training sites is approved at the highest levels of the military.  These training scenarios are not just arbitrarily added to the curriculum for chuckles........ 

We have viewed evidence of betrayal by the Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, Army Chief of Staff, and all other service leaders in that they have thrown their soldiers under the bus. It's pitiful to see mature military officers with the weak knees and lap dog surrender attitude in positions of authority, willingly contributing to the demise of our nation.

The idea of developing an insurrection scenario around a "tea party" principled philosophy of law, constitutional government, Founding Father principles is not a bad scenario.  Where they go wrong and show their hatred is by lumping tea party ideas with racists, KKK, and hate groups. The "spin" will never stop that "right is wrong" until the "wrong" is defeated.

To right the wrongs of a tyrannical government can only be carried out by patriots.

What the hell do they think Eisenhower, Patton, Churchill, Nimitz, and the rest of the great leaders that led us to victory in WWII, would say if they were still in the military.  They would be turning over in their graves if they heard this, plus they would probably have these guys in irons, and in the brig, with the next stop GTMO.  Sure glad I was in the Military when Idiots who go against the Constitution would not be allowed to remain in the military.  If this jackass general thinks he was misunderstood then he damn well better get up on the soapbox and apologize. and then inform himself of just what the tea party stands for before he flies off the train of common sense and folds the tea party in with the terrorist.  Wonder what he has to say about the terrorist at Fort Hood, whom this idiot of a president insists committed an act of workplace violence.

The spin stops with facts, but only when presented to people with common sense… they lumped The Tea Party movement with themselves for a reason… play the pledge of allegiance to a liar in the mirror, after a few plays (or when he is on camera) he will forget which hand to use or deliberately use the wrong hand… liberals hate US more than they hate themselves so they try to portray US as their reflection (made invisible by facts)* by placing their label on US to sway the "good" sheeple.

*so, figuratively vampires do exist.

Just because they will not vote for the wrong people doesn't mean they will not obey orders from them, and that's a fact isn't it?

The draft ended the same year I was eligible, so I figured the need wasn’t there anymore and went to work as a pipe fitter… then again I was never elected to office, yet I know where not to be.

I personally would fall into that category of having spent deployment after deployment and years of my life away from family and friends, I don't expect anyone who has not to understand that. I also do not hold any ill feelings toward anyone for not understanding, how could they. Yes, veterans fall into a different we group, a group that is expected to lead during the turbulent times, such as we have now, because it is what we do. As far as the ones who think that all veterans are whack jobs, and I have seen such posts on other sites, I just don't care, you can't fix stupid. We don't do it for appreciation from the masses, we don't do it for glory, we don't even do it to be accepted, we do it because it is the right thing to do. To answer Twana's question as well, why should the returning troops even want to protect a citizenry that mistreats and maligns them so? For the same reason they served in the first place. As above because it is the right thing to do.

Well that's probably the difference between us Twana, I go where I am wanted and/or needed... that's what the draft means to me, it won't take me long to learn how to pull a trigger and I get my exercises in ways more preferable to me.

I believe our troops, by and large, will support the constitution and reject an order to fire on their fellow Americans.  Does that mean there are not a few that may be plants to start some violent situation?  In society in general there are always a few that will find a reason to violate the law and become the focal point for fame or some other diabolical reason.

We at PFA stand solidly behind our military....does that mean we don't like some of the Flag/Generals doing what they're doing and in fact have them arrested for violating their oath to the US Constitution....you bet. We criticize those in leadership positions that are making wrong decisions.....to generalize that all troops will obey illegal orders is not acceptable.

I believe that you are right there Harry. The problem is that as long as this plan has taken for them to develop I find it hard to believe that the scum behind it haven't, by some test, already figured out who the ones are that will carry out those orders. That is the only ones they will use in this action. I agree that the majority would question doing anything against the citizens of the U.S. and many would refuse, but there will be some that would carry it out because they have been convinced that the ones they are fighting are "domestic terrorists" or are attempting to go against the constitution.

Right on Col.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service