ABC 13

The sight of Army helicopters and the sound of gunfire created a lot of concern Monday afternoon in one Houston neighborhood.

We received a lot of phones calls, Tweets and Facebook posts from worried neighbors, wondering what was going on.

SkyEye 13 HD was over the south side where at first look, it appeared there was a massive SWAT scene happening.

With military helicopters flying above her southeast Houston neighborhood, Frances Jerrals didn't know what to think.

"When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," Jerrals said.

And so, she passed along her concern.

"She told me 'don't come home it sounds like we're in a war zone. Guns, shooting, helicopters flying around the house,'" Isaac Robertson Jr. said.

The U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the old Carnegie Vanguard High School near Scott and Airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds

"I felt like I was in a warzone." Jerrals said. "It was nonstop. I was terrified."

Turns out, it was a multi-agency training drill that Jerrals wished would have come with warning.

"They could have done a better job in notifying the neighborhood," Jerrals said.

The Army did not give any details of what the training is for. Some people we spoke to needed no explanation.

"If it's to protect our kids, I'm all for it," neighbor Glenn DeWitt said.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just getting the US citizens prepared for what is coming.

• Debarjoe, I totally agree with you. We are in for it. I hope all our militia units are organized.

Who would of thought that hussein obama was this evik, I knew he was bad but...

It also amazes me the number of people that are going along with him and will have no qualms about shooting us.

Pray people.

• I saw a report yesterday about the same thing happening in downtown Miami. Flying low over an interstate and shooting blanks, with local police participating. That last statement concerns me, sounds like they can do anything they want to "protect the children".

• I have your back, Johnny: I saw the same report on that Miami 'incident'.  This has nothing to do with "protecting the children"; they used the school building because it's a large facility, a large "target" for practice purposes.  What city's going to be the next practice site?  We haven't seen the end of this garbage yet, my friend.  Those people are practicing for something big that's on the radar.

• Multi jurisdictional agency's "practicing" around schools. Wake up people, the military does not need a practice school. There are so many other ways they could do this. 

• This after obama telling the Military Officer Corp that if the wanted to keep their jobs, they would have to take an oath to murder US citizens.

• You've just hit the nail right on the head, Friend. 

• This is similar in public desensitisation to what the Air Force Academy would do with drones in Col. Springs - they'd fly drones over the highway, following cars. Creepy. (this was 10 yrs ago)
  • This is complete BS! I think Obummer's trying to scare folks with his over inflated power. Like making sure that folks stay "in line". One of these days, someone with a high powered rifle is gonna shoot back at these copters. Then what?

• "If it's to protect our kids, I'm all for it," neighbor Glenn DeWitt said.

\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

If only they knew. It's discouraging to know that the vast majority of Americans have no clue as to what their government has been up to. We must do a better job of educating the public. Organization by a dedicated group could help in this area, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, or more to the point... happening at all!

This reply was deleted.