Constitutional Emergency

Baby's first gun: Louisiana sheriff offers firearm training for young kids

Mail Online

By Nina Golgowski

As the saying goes, you can never be too young to learn, and that just may include how to handle a gun.

A sheriff's department in Louisiana is offering free firearm training for local children.

New BB gun, shotgun or hunting rifle owners, or those who just want to learn, were encouraged to attend the 'Kids First Gun Program' in Caddo Parish this weekend, so long as they were between the ages of 8 and 12.

Into good hands: A young boy carries a BB rifle on his first hunt, a perfect participant for a local Louisiana sheriff's gun safety program held this weekend for children (file photo)

Into good hands: A young boy carries a BB rifle on his first hunt, a perfect participant for a local Louisiana sheriff's gun safety program held this weekend for children (file photo)

Held annually, the program is 'conducted immediately after Christmas for those children who received their first gun as a gift,' according to the sheriff's website.

'Children who will receive a gun for Christmas can try it for the first time in front of certified law enforcement academy firearms instructors,' Sheriff Steve Prator told the Shreveport Times of the program.

'Parents are wise to want their children to know basic firearms,' he added.

The free four-hour course held on Saturday is sponsored by donations from local citizens, Walmart, and local wholesalers.

Children without a gun will be provided one, according to CNS News.

Real life: A Red Ryder airgun is seen under a Christmas tree in the classic movie A Christmas Story with the Louisiana sheriff's department hosting the program after many children's similar gifts

Real life: A Red Ryder airgun is seen under a Christmas tree in the classic movie A Christmas Story with the Louisiana sheriff's department hosting the program after many children's similar gifts

All participants must be accompanied by an adult.

Among public reaction to the event reported in local papers, a Facebook user reaching out to the sheriff's department on their site commended the officers.

'Gun safety begins early and the sound practices taught at a young age are carried with us throughout our lives. Thank you Sheriff and hats off to your instructors and the others responsible for making this event happen,' they write.

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dad took me out when I was about 10 or 11 and we shot trees and buckets. Good for me. Good for any obedient child.

When does someone want to kill a fellow human being outside of war?  "Never",millions of innocent lives have been lost at the hands of a very angry drug induced murderer. A jealous husband finds out his wife is cheating on him or visa versa a wife finds out the husband has been cheating and many times the weapon of choice is a gun,but it could very well be a knife a hatchet,an ax,a machate,a razor blade and the list goes on,i don,t have the statistics but  how many were NRA members or hunters who like sport with a bow and arrow.If a person justifies in his or her mine strongly enough that someone has done something worthy of taking there life they will take it. There are 7 deadly sins that know one wants to talk about for the fear of mentioning God

obama has killed for the love of money and power and he is still walking the streets"Breitbart,Fast and Furious and Benghazi to name a few,and i don,t think he,s a member of the NRA,so before we start putting blame on someone maybe  a look at ones own backyard could be a good place to start.the gangster obama is probably the biggest murderer of our time,right up there with Al Capone but know one has the guts to go after this usurper.

The little children will grow up to be good citizens if we teach them the right way to go,so sheriff keep up the good work,and as for you obama your nothing but a sorry,cheating and lying SOB who,s getting away with murder at the peoples expense.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service