Six months after been forced to rescind the Ban on Bibles at the WALTER REED Hospital, comes extremely disturbing news that the US Government's Department of Defense has banned the sales of Bibles at all U.S. Military bases worldwide at the base stores or exchanges!
The US Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty has asked Congress to intervene again, just as they did to restore pastors' rights to visit injured US soldiers at Walter Reed last December, to restore the sale of these special designated Holman Bibles to the store shelves. It is the first time that the DOD and the Pentagon has removed the Word of God from US bases!
The Christian Post has reported that due to just a few complaints f..., the Pentagon policy makers have made this strange decision. This comes right on the heels of news from this same politicized Pentagon, that the rate of suicides among US Soldiers has now reached one suicide per day! There have been 154 US military personnel suicides from January 1 to June 3, 2012! Retired US Chaplain Peter Sousa told the Christian Post in part "..."I am speaking from experiences in my perspective, but I do believe that the young people coming into the military today do not have the firm foundation in religious belief that previous generations had. More and more soldiers are saying they have no religious preference".
This is absolutely unconscionable and unacceptable! The same men and women who are fighting to defend freedom and the Constitution of the United States are now denied their First Amendment Right of Freedom of Religion, by a government increasingly hostile to Christianity.
This is the latest outrage against soldiers who need the Cleansing Power of the Blood of Christ and the Word of God to give them a hope and a future. They face divorce, separation from their families and unconventional warfare only to find their spiritual knees have been cut out from under them by their own superiors who sit behind desks. Here is a list of attacks on Christians and the Bible in the past two years:
- Rev. Franklin Graham was kicked out and disinvited from a National Day of Prayer service inside the Pentagon in 2010 because of his solid stance for Christ!
- Rev. Franklin Graham runs the worldwide charitable SAMARITAN'S PURSE, which gave over 8 million shoeboxes full of gifts to poor children of all races and religion around the world. This past December 2011, the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs kicked Samaritan's Purse off the Campus because two atheists complained! Yet this same Air Force Academy has given witches some high ground to build and conduct their Pagan rituals!!!
- US Chaplains are forbidden from praying in the Name of Jesus.
- In the fall of 2011, the brass at Walter Reed Hospital, the largest military one where wounded military from Iraq and Afghanistan are treated, sent down a written memo banning ALL bibles from Reed! After it was discovered and some US congressman started condemning the ban from the floor of Capitol Hill, the US government took back their memo and allowed families to bring bibles for their wounded sons and daughters again.
- This past February 2012, all Army chaplains were banned by the government from reading a letter from the Catholic bishops, where the bishops spoke against the church being made to buy and give employees contraception and pregnancy prevention pills for free...against the tenets of church teaching.
The answer to all of this is - PRAY for the brave men and women of the US Military and the people who send them to war. Pray that the US Congress exposes this outrage and cause a reversal of this ban on the sale of these Bibles, which cost the US Military nothing.