You spoke.

You were heard.

This, was the right thing to do-

VFW PAC logo

MEMORANDUM

National Council of Administration

Richard L. Eubank, Commander-in-Chief

Date: October 14, 2010

I have reviewed the Political Action Committee (PAC) Board of Directors’ response
to our request to rescind this year’ s Congressional endorsements. I disagree with their
assessment.

It is now evident to most of the VFW leadership, both National and especially the
departments, that the VFW has been subjected to extreme negative publicity throughout the nation, and the recent endorsement decisions have, in fact, harmed the VFW’ s reputation and future ability to fulfill our mission.

I cannot let this erosion of public support for our great organization continue. The
apparent lack of the committee to address these concerns will lead to a proposal by me, as Commander-in-Chief, to amend the by-laws at the 112th National Convention for
the purpose of dissolving the PAC. Meanwhile, under the authority granted to me as
Commander-in-Chief in section 619 of the VFW National By-Laws and under section
620 of the Manual of Procedure, I am withdrawing all PAC all PAC appointments effective October 15, 2010.

Accordingly, I’ m asking the council for a vote of “ no confidence” in the VFW PAC as
indicated on the enclosed ballot.

There you have it.  The PAC refused to back down.  So, the Commander had no choice but to shut down the PAC.  Apparently, behind the scenes, he was not able to get them to rescind the endorsements, thereby necessitating closing it down completely.  While I’d like to have seen
was the PAC remove the endorsements;  maybe, by ‘proxy’, the Commander can now do that.  See, hideous candidates who have a long history of NOT supporting those in uniform are trumpeting their VFW endorsement:

Asked after her speech about McCain’s objection, Boxer merely smiled and replied: “I’m so excited to have the VFW endorsement. I couldn’t be more thrilled.”

Late last week, the Ladies Auxiliary pulled all their funding of the PAC- which, I’m told, was a considerable amount of the funds used by the PAC; likely better than 70% of funds raised for it:

October 13, 2010

Dear Sisters,

In light of the VFW’s position on the most recent endorsements by the VFW Political Action Committee, effective this day, October 13, 2010, the Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars is suspending all fundraising and promotion of VFW-PAC for the remainder of the year.

Any monies raised for PAC up to this date should be forwarded immediately to PAC for those purposes in accordance with the laws concerning political action committees.

Department Award No. 5 as seen in the 2010-2011 National Program Book on Page 20 is hereby suspended for the remainder of the year, and the program title will hereafter be known as Legislative.

Loyally,

Cortina Barnes
National President

I applaud these motions by the VFW; I am hopeful that this has shed some light on the fact that many groups (not just veteran-oriented) are facing similar troubles- say, like unions?  We need to step up more often, and more strongly, to prevent such actions against what we believe- or would ask groups to represent us to put forth.

What next, VFW?

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GREAT!!!!!! It is obvious that pac was worshiping at the feet of progressives and betraying everything our brave soldiers are and did fight for, FREEDOM!!!!! A little late but good all the same!
  • Thanks go the poster of this information. I had not heard about the Ladies Auxiliary President words to stop raising funds for the PAC. I have directed our local Ladies Auxiliary President here to read it with her own eyes.
    Cheerily
    Joe
  • As a reluctant life member of the VFW. Having been thrown out of my local VFW when I returned from Vietnam in 1968. I only joined as a favor to a good friend so his post would not have to close for lack of membership. I want the names of the VFW PAC members and how and by whom they were appointed or elected to those positions. There is more here then meets the eye. These people are representing the members of the VFW, ie. Me, and I want answers. If they are VFW members they need their memberships stripped and thrown out in disgrace. I still haven't decided if I am going to send my card back to the VFW. I have already quit attending meetings and supporting my Post in any way. I will stay on top of this to it's conclusion.
    • Luke, I felt as you did upon returning to the world in 1967. I had just recently decided to join. Forget it. They didn't want me then, and they don't need my money today. Doc Moore
    • I agree with comrade Patrino., I have a situation similiar to his but am a Life Member of a post in Japan. I have been a member since 1967, have served through chairs in the post, distrrict and am a Past C/S of the Dept Pacific Areas. Since I relocated to the states, I was in contact with both post members as well as dept officers, up until 2006. VFW magazine I have not received since 2000. If I recall correctly, the By-Laws states" if a member is in good standing, and remains a member of a post although he/she relocates, the post will keep the member informed of post activities." Well, this is not happening in my case even though the post (as for as I know) does not have access to Internet service. I am very glad to see that the CIC had enough courage to face the fact that the PAC was nothing but a group of "You Scratch My Back and I'LL Scratch Yours."
  • I replied on Facebook to the VFW National page in response to the Commander in Chiefs decision in this matter. As a life member and Retired Marine of 22 Years of proud service to our country, I was very angry when I read the endorsements by the VFW PAC. I am a combat Veteran of both Vietnam and Desert Storm.
    I am a Past Post Commander, Past District Sr. Vice Commander, and Past National Aid-de-Camp. I am "Past" due to the political problems that I have encountered over the past 20 years at my local Post. The VFW has no mandate in their Congressional Charter to endorse any political candidate for any office. I never have been able to understand why the PAC was even established.
    I applaud the actions of the National Commander, and hope that the membership at the next National Convention supports his actions to do away with the PAC.
  • This is a BIG WIN for our Veterans and Active Duty Military and it truly shows what can be done when Americans pick up that phone and express outrage! Thanks to everyone who helped in this great endeavor and I'd really like to thank the Tea Party folks, they are truly supporters of our military and they are engaged and actively taking our country back!!!

Thanks to all who took the time to pick up that phone and complain. Endorsing the likes of Barbara Boxer and lightweight Ron Kelin over Col Allen West, a true Warrior, was unconscionable!!! Barbara Boxer has a long record of assisting the likes of Code Pink in their traitorous antics against our troops! A little FYI, Jodie Evans, co-founder of Code Pink, threw a fundraiser recently for Jerry Brown! I hope the Patriots in California remember that when election day comes!

Thank you all again for sticking up for our Veterans!

Beverly Perlson
    The Band of Mothers
  • Good to see the VFW leadership step up to the plate and say NO clearly to a group set up to operate in their name, then doing so in such a way as to bring disgrace on the organization and the people it's representing and helping. It would be extremely interesting to see this happen with unions, especially those like AFL-CIO, and SEIU which have become overblown monstrosities representing only the wallets of their leaderships, and politicians, so far as I can see. They sure aren't representing the best interests of their members! Kudos to the Auxilliary here too; pulling out the funding on the PAC!
  • Great call by the VFW National Commander. I fear though that the endorsement as announced by the VFW PAC has already caused permanent damage to the VFW image that is going to be difficult to reverse. The only way to really get back on track is if the VFW can pull together with the rest of America's Patriots and we can throw all the endorsed bums out of Congress on 2 Nov.
  • I still have some doubt about the vfw doing what they did. It will take me a long time to get over this one.
This reply was deleted.