http://www.newsmax.com/US/bishop-obama-compared-hitler/2012/04/17/id/436222

Bishop Compares Obama Policies to Hitler, Stalin

Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012 08:04 PM

Angrily condemning President Obama for his “radical pro-abortion and extreme secularist agenda,” an Illinois bishop likened his leadership to Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin last weekend and urged Catholics to vote against him.

“This fall, every practicing Catholic must vote, and must vote their Catholic consciences, or by the following fall our Catholic schools, our Catholic hospitals, our Catholic Newman Centers, all our public ministries—only excepting our church buildings – could easily be shut down,” said Bishop Daniel Jenky of Peoria at a gathering of Catholic men on Saturday, according to LifeSiteNews.com

“Because no Catholic institution, under any circumstance, can ever cooperate with the intrinsic evil of killing innocent human life in the womb,” he said, LifeSiteNews reported.

The bishop warned that because of the president’s mandate for forcing religious employers to fund contraceptives, sterilizations, and abortion-inducing drugs, America is on a path leading to the state of past dictatorships when Christians were forced to “huddle and hide,” such as Bismarck’s Kulturkampf, Hitler’s Nazis, and Stalin’s Communists.

“Hitler and Stalin, at their better moments, would just barely tolerate some churches remaining open, but would not tolerate any competition with the state in education, social services, and health care,” he said.

“In clear violation of our First Amendment rights, Barack Obama – with his radical, pro-abortion and extreme secularist agenda, now seems intent on following a similar path,” he added.

While Christians could lose the battle against Obama’s mandate, the bishop insisted that “before the awesome judgment seat of Almighty God this is not a war where any believing Catholic may remain neutral.”

“No Catholic ministry – and yes, Mr. President, for Catholics our schools and hospitals are ministries – can remain faithful to the Lordship of the Risen Christ and to his glorious Gospel of Life if they are forced to pay for abortions,” he said.

The faithful, he said, “can no longer be Catholics by accident, but instead be Catholics by conviction.”

“The days in which we live now require heroic Catholicism, not casual Catholicism,” he continued. “In our own families, in our parishes, where we live and where we work – like that very first apostolic generation – we must be bold witnesses to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. We must be a fearless army of Catholic men, ready to give everything we have for the Lord, who gave everything for our salvation.”

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• These are bold statements by this Bishop...and I applaud his "in-the-face-approach".  As a protestant...I stand with the Catholics...all believers in Christ must stand together.  This nation was founded on religious freedom...and that includes the freedom NOT to participate in abortions...or the PAYING FOR abortions that clearly is against our faith beliefs.  What ever our denomination...we can't be members of our faith "by accident...we must be members by conviction".  Thank you, Bishop Daniel Jenky...

• I would have to rate obummer lower than hitler.

• This is one smart Bishop. Brave too!

With all the millions of words that are written daily in this country about how bad Obama is, I think I may have figured out how to explain the direction we are headed with him as our president, and I'm only going to use ten words...

"The Future of our Country Will be Decided THIS YEAR!"

• Bishop better be careful, he could loose his 501c3.

That's whats got all the Christan pastors keeping quiet, losing there 501c3, which if they knew there U.S. Constitution they would know they don't need to be a 501c3 to be tax exempt), all that does is put the government above God),

that and the fact they all believe there going to be raptured at any second...lol..... that's all a crock of deception, (pre-tribulation rapture) that is...lol...

• I would have to disagree with you.  I'm a Lutheran Church Missouri Synod Lutheran and our president told congress in no uncertain terms that we will not abide by HHS regulations when it comes to destroying life in the womb.  If you'll google our synod's website you can find a video of Rev. Dr. Harrison's testimony.  In addition to Rev. Harrison there were also Catholics and Jews who basically told congress the same thing.

• Good for Rev. Harrison.

• Hi Marvin:  i Googled a number of synods nationwide . Here are three texts that I forwarded to them. Here in Texas the Lutherans requested that I stop sending such literature.

PASTORS YOU MUST.doc

TO THE CHURCHES FEB24.doc

FOR COACHES PASTORS and PARENTS.doc

• Gringo I have to say keep up the good work.  Also, just in case you were not aware of it there is a Lutheran synod which is the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA).  ELCA leadership is extremely liberal.  They ordain open homosexuals and women as pastors plus a whole host of other things which go against scripture.  Unfortunately I must admit that we have a few of this ilk in the LCMS.  Too bad you can't meet our pastor.  He's a former Marine combat vet of the first gulf war.  He's not afraid to tell it like it is to any one.  He has even taken on people within our synod.

• The "Slime Light" has brought into stark visibility an almost Undeniable Agent of or the actual #666 who holds sway over 501c3 institutions.  Any pastors in such Thrall, weighted down by these shackles of this Evil Oligarch must throw them off, rejecting this earthly master.  Obey the Only Power that has made All Matter...The GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.   

• As a Catholic, who is disenchanted with the Church's promotion of Social Justice, I stand with this Bishop, and applaud his stand.  Until America turns back to God, we will see nothing but destruction, and if we do not heed the warnings, we will see the end of America.  Our very foundation has been eroded,  a Country to which much was given, much is expected. We have failed:  in epic form.We allowed the removal of God and prayer from school, we allowed abortion...with barely a whimper, we allowed the removal of crosses and Mangers, and sat quite, complaining at home, when the gay agenda took over parades, while God was banned.  We have witnessed the destruction of the family; and the demoralization of the Male roll model and family leader. Woe to those that call evil good and good evil.  Evil promotes tolerance until it is in control, then it tries to silence good...this is were we are.  I'm no longer sure we can change this course, not without a return to our foundation, and the Covenant created on our Nations initial settlement and confirmed by George Washington in 1789.

This reply was deleted.