Constitutional Emergency

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/05/01/Breaking-Pentagon-Con...

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...”. 

The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith. 

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)

Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military. 

So President Barack Obama’s civilian appointees who lead the Pentagon are confirming that the military will make it a crime--possibly resulting in imprisonment--for those in uniform to share their faith. This would include chaplains—military officers who are ordained clergymen of their faith (mostly Christian pastors or priests, or Jewish rabbis)--whose duty since the founding of the U.S. military under George Washington is to teach their faith and minister to the spiritual needs of troops who come to them for counsel, instruction, or comfort.

This regulation would severely limit expressions of faith in the military, even on a one-to-one basis between close friends. It could also effectively abolish the position of chaplain in the military, as it would not allow chaplains (or any service members, for that matter), to say anything about their faith that others say led them to think they were being encouraged to make faith part of their life. It’s difficult to imagine how a member of the clergy could give spiritual counseling without saying anything that might be perceived in that fashion.

In response to the Pentagon’s plans, retired Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, who is now executive vice president of the Family Research Council (FRC), said on Fox & Friends this morning:

“It’s a matter of what do they mean by ‘proselytizing.’...I think they’ve got their defintions a little confused. If you’re talking about coercion that’s one thing, but if you’re talking about the free exercise of our faith as individual soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines, especially for the chaplains, they I think the worst thing we can do is stop the ability for a soldier to be able to exercise his faith.”

Breitbart News legal columnist Ken Klukowski is senior fellow for religious liberty with the Family Research Council and on faculty at Liberty University School of Law. 

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dearest Twana,
I appreciate some of your notices, some of the time.
But Court Martialing over millions of Christians?
You can't actually believe this! HISTARIA is not helpful.
A lot of your notices are so far OFF the wall as to be laughable.
How about JUST ONE  notice that tells the American people how to rectify our present presidential situation WITHOUT using the word's LITIGATE or COURTS. Try something with the phrase, "PHYSICALLY REMOVE THE fatherless child!"
AlI  I get are ailements and prognosis,none of which are good, nothing concerning an actual CURE!
You keep telling the people that they are dying a slow death,... sooner or later they will kill themselves with no hope offered or coming! Faith only goes so far, then we must take matters into our own hands.
John Beard

As far back as 1960 when I enlisted, there was never any problem with whatever religion, or lack thereof, a Marine or sailor chose for their version of religious worship.  However, there has always been a rule against attempting to proselytize a person into any religion.  Though we have religious freedom(?), that does not give any of us the right to try to convert anyone to a specific religion.  This is not just a military "thing", but it includes all United States citizens.  Not to say that we can't discuss our religion with others, but if a person tells us that they are not interested and they do not want to hear anymore, it is the law that that person has to desist from attempting to convert.  In short, have your religion, but do NOT try too push it on others if they are not interested! - Semper Fi! - Gunny

Twana,  there is little difference here.  If I am lying on my rack and some Marine comes and sits by me and starts telling me about his religion and how I should accept his God, etc., this is sharing, but it can be construed as "forcing", but I would not take it that way if he/she walked away.  Semper Fi! Gunny

And I believe you were issued a Bible as well -- were you?

Kathleen, no, we were not "issued" bibles!  However, if we wanted a religious book of any kind, we could go to the denomination chaplain and he/she would provide us what we needed.  Semper Fi! Gunny

This is a violation of the Bill of Rights.

Debrajoe,  what is the violation you are referring to?  Gunny

To all in the Armed forces of the United States of America!!  Put on the full Armor of the Lord Jesus Christ!!  He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!!  Only he can vanquish the evil one and his minions!!

Old mickey will regret the day he turned his back on the LORD his last breath here on earth will be his first before the LORD, and an Angel will be standing beside him and the LORD will say welcome good and faithful servant or I do not know you.

That is when the Angel will either welcome him or snatch him up and cast him into the lake of fire for all eternity.

AS my brother said 3rd Battalion 27th Marines at Go Noi Island Operation Allen Brook Never seen an atheist in a fox hole when under fire. GOD watched over him, he was already bagged and at some time after came to in  the bag screaming boys on watch freaked out just as he did and got him out, GOD and ONLY GOD GOT HIM THRU THAT, Like to see Ol mickey tell him he could not share the Lord!

Think you can go thru intence jungle fighting with an NVA DIV. and at some point during this lul get bagged because they just assumed you were dead get thru that and continue Fighting without GOD on your side my brother will tell you to think again.

GOD BLESS ALL WHO SERVED AND TO THOSE WHO ARE SERVING HOLD YOUR FAITH

So even if I share beliefs that I hold in common with a majority of Bible Believing Christians that could be considered me sharing my personal beliefs? What would the zipper heads do with General George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt--or even FDR who both inscribed special editions of the New Testament given by the War dept. to American soldiers being  deployed to combat in WWI and WWII.-Whatever would the zipper heads do with a President Lincoln who requested General George Washington's General Orders of 9 July 1776 be read to Lincoln's Union Army to encourage them to so live and act as becomes a Christian Soldier? All of that history we were trained to recognize and encouraged to consider including in our character building as Patriots in the summer of 69 Ft.Campbell KY.

We should all remember that it's a short hop from punishing chaplains in the military for sharing their faith (not counting regular soldiers) to arresting pastors or priests who dare to not follow politically correct speech.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service