Clinton Calls Military ‘Racist, Sexist, and Homophobic’ — Will the President Disavow It?

National Review Online

by Pete Hegseth

At a campaign rally on Saturday, former President Bill Clinton made an astonishing statement about America’s military. You can watch the clip here or read below:

One of the things the decider-in-chief has to do is decide whether he’s going to bring this country together across all its diversity or let it drift apart. Look at how much stronger the American military is because it is less racist, less sexist and less homophobic and we’re just looking for people who can do the job.

Let me get this right: Bill Clinton believes that President Obama has made the military less racist, less sexist, and less homophobic during his four years in Washington. This statement—by extension—specifically implies that the military was, and is, a racist, sexist, and homophobic institution. Does this historical indictment apply only to the George W. Bush administration . . . or does his timeline extend to the 1990s when, wait, Clinton was the “decider-in-chief”? Probably not . . . but I digress.

My guess is that Clinton’s comment was an allusion to Obama’s repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” — which, if you have your facts straight, was never  a Department of Defense policy to begin with. In fact, as Clinton might remember, that policy was enacted by Congress in 1993 and signed into law by, wait, him. Clinton is therefore saying that Obama has freed the military from a supposed homophobia imposed by none other than himself.

As for racism, wasn’t it Clinton who inherited a military that included the first African-American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? Do you think Colin Powell believes he was leading an inherently racist organization? Must we remind the former president that it was the United States military that was one of the first major integrated institutions in this country—an institution that had to build schools on its bases so that the children of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines serving without regard to race or creed could attend integrated schools. Must we remind him that it was members of the U.S. military that stood strong in the chaos of the 1950s and 1960s, as schools and universities were integrated across the country.  

The hypocrisy continues with sexism. Leaving aside the obvious jokes about cigars and interns, one might also point to Clinton’s 1994 policy “excluding women from units at the level of battalion and below that engage in direct ground combat.” Regardless of what you think about women serving in infantry units, it’s clear that during Clinton’s presidency, he restricted the options of women to serve in any role they please. To this end, I’m not sure what Obama has done to right this wrong, considering the same limitations apply today.

As it is, serving members of the U.S. military who uphold their oaths to defend the Constitution of the United States — the greatest instrument of freedom the world has known — preserve the former president’s right to make stunningly ignorant statements about an institution which, after eight years of service as commander-in-chief, he clearly knows nothing about.

The larger question is — will President Obama disavow the statement? Does he believe our military has been racist, sexist, and homophobic? If so, the burden of proof is on him to explain why? If not, why would he tolerate a former Democratic president — and top campaign surrogate — saying it? Veterans across this country would love an answer.

Views: 527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your comment.

Don't ask, don't care.

Which was a healthy and fair way to relate. This was working.

Then the sodomites got unionized and gay sodomite activists tailored the union's "Contact Campaign Manual” to their agenda. This is how this small 5 - 7 % of the population got attention. Through thuggery. Union/chicago style. And the left got on board. In my opinion.

You must remember, odd fellows say odd things.  Estranged wife, no arguments about "is" , hasn't had a good cigar.

He is another one who if standing in a closet, with both hands in his back pocket, could not find his own butt. 

Now you know why Clinton was given an "About Face" by the vets. The Clintons are as bad or maybe even worse than the bho; all are dispicable, unconsciencable, worthless POS'. 

People have forgotten history that Clinton was impeached for lying!

If, when I was in, someone had told me that the military was "racist, sexist, homophobic, and [fill in the blank]-phobic, I would have replied, "So?"  I probably still would.  Do you really want a flower arranger or an interior designer watching out for you?

I always find it interesting just how much those without the courage to fight their own fights or serve in the military know about such things. The cowards are always the ones to discredit and criticize those who have the will, dedication, Loyalty, sense of duty and courage to do what they are afraid to do. They are the true "phoebes" or should I say "patriophoebes".

I agree! Support more experienced military people in politics!

I HOPE THEY KNOW WE ARE COMMING FOR ALL OF THEM NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LILLY BILLY, has never spent a moment in the "military" having to deal with walking into the STENCH of your barracks, tent, or hooch, just after some GAY soldier has finished POUNDING POOP with another GAY soldier.  I HAVE, and so did everyone else in our hooch in Viet Nam.  Back then they did the ABSOLUTE PROPER THING....they drummed them out of the Marine Corps IMMEDIATELY!!

POOP POUNDING or POOP PACKING is TOTALLY DISGUSTING and FILTHY!!!!   It is VILE and against ALL COMMON SENSE!!

LILLY BILLY (Clinton) also approved TWICE, by VETOING TWICE, the HIGHLY BI-PARTISAN bills passed by MASSIVE approval of BOTH HOUSES of the Congress, the BAN on PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION.

LILLY BILLY is an ABOMINATION to the United States of America, and the BLOOD of EVERY baby slaughtered in a partial-birth abortion is on his hands.  BLOODY BILLY (Clinton) and now his political protege BLOODY BARACK and his lovely wife BLOODY MICHELLE have joined WHOLEHEARTEDLY the same mindset.  So we have the OBAMA  ABOMINATION that brings forth the OBAMANATION, Abomination.

ARE THESE BLOODY PEOPLE of the same mindset as YOU??   Then why are you supporting them???  They are the DESTRUCTION of the moral core and fiber of the American way of life.  IF YOU SUPPORT THEM and VOTE them in..........YOU'RE JUST AS GUILTY............and God is watching.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service