Comcast To Firearms Shops: Your Money’s No Good Here

I suggest anyone using Comcast to stop using their service and find any other! They wanna play control freak, lets reverse it and put them out of as much business as possible! This is where you can put your actions to match your words!

Twana

CBS Detriot

By Christy Strawser
CBS Detroit Managing Editor

DETROIT (CBS Detroit) Williams Gun Sight and Outfitters in Davison, Mich., said they learned their money’s no good with Comcast when the cable giant rejected their advertising because they no longer accept ads promoting firearms or fireworks.

The change in policy happened February 8 after a deal that gave Comcast controlling interest in NBC Universal, which previously had a policy of not accepting firearms ads.

But Comcast is the monopoly cable provider in two-thirds of the markets in the country, said John Kupiec, president of the advertising agency Canadian American Corp., so their policy now affects every cable channel and major network. And it affects major advertisers including Cabela’s and Walmart.

“The next step is we want to get the lawmakers on Capitol Hill to review the monopolistic rights this company (Comcast) currently enjoys as the largest cable provider in the United States,” Kupiec said, adding as a last resort, his firm will consider legal action.

Kupiec first discovered the firearms ad ban when he tried to place an ad for Williams Gun Sight, and was told by Comcast they’ll no longer air them.

“Comcast Spotlight has decided it will not accept new advertising for firearms or weapons moving forward,” the company said in a press statement. “This policy aligns us with the guidelines in place at many media organizations.”

Williams Gun Sight staffers think it’s a hypocritical, anti-constitutional stance.

“We’re a perfectly legal company selling a perfectly legal product and they have chosen us out of all the industries out there to make a stand on what’s right or wrong,” said Williams’ chief operating officer Dan Compeau, adding they’re one of the largest firearms retailers in Michigan.

Compeau added his company spent a “good portion of their advertising” on Comcast. “We were totally caught off guard by it,” he added. “All these TV stations are taking millions, if not billions, from alcohol companies — and alcohol deaths, alcohol sickness … way outpaces anything a gun can do. They’re two-faced.

“We follow all the rules and regulations, they’ve picked us to be holier than thou about … There are a lot of other issues out there that they ignore. I’m sure they air many other shows where people get shot, killed, blown up.”

Compeau put out word on his company’s Facebook page about the Comcast ad ban and said thousands of people responded. The post got 971 shares and 422 comments, including this from customer Philip Novack: “Just called Comcast and cancelled. I am tired of my $$ going to support anti 2nd amendment corporations. I can’t believe the way they talk out both sides by showing gun violence every single night but won’t accept $$ from a legitimate, legal, honest business like Williams! ENOUGH! Time to take a stand!”

Kupiec said he’s been in the advertising business since 1980 and this is the first major ban of its kind he’s experienced. “If you’re a gun range, if you sell firearms, ammunition, whatever, they will not accept your advertising,” he said. “That applies to The Outdoor Channel, NBC Sports … If I wanted to buy The Discovery Channel, Comcast will not allow those advertisements on the air.”

He added he thinks it’s a violation of his constitutional rights. “I’m an avid hunter and I believe this is a direct threat on the Second Amendment, a direct assault on legal businesses in the United States, and I think it’s antitrust.”

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for letting us know.

• Who the hell cares about the pink panty waists at CommieCast.  Move ALL your ad dollars to FOX News and Blaze Network!  No wonder nbc (Nazi Broadcasting Network) and pms-nbc only have a 3% market share compared to FOX News at 22%.

• I did have Comcast.  I have been unhappy with them since I started.  You would not believe such "shity" service.  I they consider you as being their customer is a wonder favor to you from them.  Funny, I don't see it that way.

I cancelled my "lack of service" agreement with Comcast and I highly recommend that everyone does the same.

They gave Obama over $100,000,000, "Yup," the FCC quickly approved the deal between them and NBC.  Who knows what else was included in that bundle.  Funny, when I first heard about that, I said . . . That sound like bribery to me. . . Now that it has settled down some . . . it still sounds like bribery.   I would think that something like that would get a politician IMPEACHED!  What do you think ? ? ?

• I don't have Comcast but if I did, I would cancel immediately.  I do know a lot of people who have Comcast and I am getting the word out to them.

• I sent this around yesterday and advised all who have Comcast to change to another service, no matter "who" they had to go with! The old saying, "Money talks, nobody walks" still works.

• Let us do our best to bankrupt comcast.

• Time to hit comcast where it hurts the most. Bunch of selfrightous hippocrits.

• WOW! My comments have been read. This is what I have been proposing for all news outlets as well; until their news is actually fair and balanced, check the local broadcasting stations sponsors and make a "do not shop list" for distribution to your area. Buy from competitors, send the receipt to the sponsor and tell them why you spent your money with the competitor, then send a letter and copies of above mentioned items to the major broadcaster. Personally, I am very selective on where I spend my money, takes a little homework, but let's all work together to put these organizations on track or totally derailed. Right now their % of viewing audience is very low and the loss of anymore viewers will put them under, so show them you are serious, that your choices matter and your money can speak.

• thanks for letting us know! I'll definately send this on to others. Thank you!

• “Comcast Spotlight has decided it will not accept new advertising for firearms or weapons moving forward,” the company said in a press statement.

Did anyone else notice the "moving forward" Marxist slant of this position?

Does anyone who is truly awake not aware of the Marxist agenda of the MSM?

Time to call a satellite provider and shed Comcast. But you must TELL Comcast why.

You must TELL the advertisers that buy Comcast time why you are dropping them.

All this info is available on the web. Research.

Actions speak louder than words, but the words MUST be used to counter the lies of the MSM.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
yesterday
Sunday
Apr 8
Mar 31
Mar 27