http://www.conventionofstates.com/

Friends,

I am convinced and support a "Convention of the States" as the only viable and nonviolent tool to stop the federal government from destroying the United States of America. This action is authorized under Article V of the U.S. Constitution and explained at this link  http://www.conventionofstates.com/

You may have heard radio talk show host, patriot, Tea Party supporter, and legal scholar Mark Levin speak about the need of an Article V Convention of the States. Mark's suggested action can be accomplished through the organization that has a structure in place to begin the process of calling a "Convention of the States".  This initiative has already been discussed by Mark Levin on Hannity, Neil Cavuto's show, and perhaps others...it's gaining rapid support.

This is not an action calling for a rewrite of the US Constitution, but to consider a particular subject "limiting the jurisdiction and power of the federal government".  Under this topic a number of fixes may be approved by the States as discussed in www.conventionofstates.com

Article. V. of the US Constitution

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

I urge all patriots, those that love freedom, those of us that see our freedom and liberty being stolen in front of our eyes, those that want to restpre America as we inherited it, to join and support Citizens of Self-Governance and it's Convention of States Project (COS).

This will be a State by State initiative and will require each of us to become workers in our individual States, enlist others,  to cause our State Legislators to vote and call for a Convention of the States. Please review http://www.conventionofstates.com/ and seek information to start action in your State.

Harry Riley

Crestview, FL

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I will ONLY support this, if common people, not elected Legislative, Judicial or Politicians are involved in the process. I don't want any of our elected representatives any where near a convention of the states. I don''t TRUST THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES TO DO THE JOB, WE CAN'T GET THEM TO DO THE RIGHT THING NOW......

• I'm with you I don't trust anybody in the government

• WHAT DOES THIS MEAN......CONVENTION OF THE STATES?   DID I MISS SOMETHING.

• Simply a convention called by 34 or more States rather than US Congress, to amend the US Constitution.........

• THANK YOU, HARRY

• Thanks for this information.

• I like the idea.  Clois and Twana  are on target.  If it evolves, it will not be a 'tea party' event. It will be the nastiest and most

ruthless gathering, perhaps the last peaceful assembly we will witness before the blood spills. But we need to go ahead.

For racial reasons alone, no one will advance efforts  for impeachment, although the grounds are clearly observable.

Above all, we can not wait until 2016.  How about on Thanksgiving. " Let' roll" !!

• As all of you have said, this will only work if the RIGHT people are represented at the state convention level while effectively keeping any and all (the weasels) from coming out of the woodwork to stop it in its tracks and turn it into a fiasco.

I agree about joining the group for the state by state initiative and its convention of states.  At least it is a start in the right direction.  We have to investigate and communicate with the group to find out how representatives will be chosen to attend the COS or be part of it. 

Right now this is one of the few hopes out there. 

• I agree with Harry that in constitutional compliance, this Article V convention of the States is needed but, I also agree with Clois and Twana that it would be meaningless if the integrity of the delegates cannot be ascertained. We need people with a sincere interest in accomplishing the changes we require in order to retain our Constitutional Republic, not Marxist mouthpieces following a corrupt and harmful program of twisted party agendas. How we assure that is a matter for investigation and discussion before a submission of application to hold such a convention is made. Whatever is decide must be uniform and with a clear intent; we can afford and tolerate, NOTHING LESS!

• I would say take a good look at the web site, read the intentions of the project, and answer the final question.  Continue to travel down the same path of disaster or attempt a Convention of the States to rein in the federal government.

It takes 34 States for convention...it would be contentious but could be a peaceful resolution........what have we to lose?   The Constitution is being shredded anyway. 

There are dangers, pot-holes, and there are positives...........we need to consider all but there must be some approach to right ship.........

This reply was deleted.