Constitutional Emergency

http://www.conventionofstates.com/

Friends,

I am convinced and support a "Convention of the States" as the only viable and nonviolent tool to stop the federal government from destroying the United States of America. This action is authorized under Article V of the U.S. Constitution and explained at this link  http://www.conventionofstates.com/

You may have heard radio talk show host, patriot, Tea Party supporter, and legal scholar Mark Levin speak about the need of an Article V Convention of the States. Mark's suggested action can be accomplished through the organization that has a structure in place to begin the process of calling a "Convention of the States".  This initiative has already been discussed by Mark Levin on Hannity, Neil Cavuto's show, and perhaps others...it's gaining rapid support.

This is not an action calling for a rewrite of the US Constitution, but to consider a particular subject "limiting the jurisdiction and power of the federal government".  Under this topic a number of fixes may be approved by the States as discussed in www.conventionofstates.com

Article. V. of the US Constitution

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

I urge all patriots, those that love freedom, those of us that see our freedom and liberty being stolen in front of our eyes, those that want to restpre America as we inherited it, to join and support Citizens of Self-Governance and it's Convention of States Project (COS).

This will be a State by State initiative and will require each of us to become workers in our individual States, enlist others,  to cause our State Legislators to vote and call for a Convention of the States. Please review http://www.conventionofstates.com/ and seek information to start action in your State.

Harry Riley

Crestview, FL

Views: 1765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Harry and Twana...I hereby nominate you both to be among our reps at the new Article 5 convention we MUST begin to prepare for, and quickly. I vehemently agree that no current elected officials be our representatives as they have abrogated our trust egregiously...every last one of them down to Col. Allen West. While in many respects I like Mr. West, he has failed to stand up for what he obviously knows is very wrong...in a manner that does not continue to cow down to this "administration". There are a few true patriots in the State Legislatures around the country that I am sure agree with our positions, and they need to be identified, recognized...but not invited.  They need to approach us and demonstrate through a history of legislative actions their opposition to this current despotic Federal regime. And I'm sure everyone here knows all too well what will happen when we proceed vigorously...we will be demonized, defiled, slandered and ridiculed by the entire MSM and this administration. However, we do have the prism of history to refer to, and should not be surprised, and be prepared for the onslaught that will come our way from the entrenched Marxists, Islamists and usurpers rampant in this government, most particularly the White House. Lord, give us strength, for our cause is just....

Just to be brief, I agree with most of the comments and especially in regards to learning and taking action.

Doing nothing guarantees one thing, "fundamental change" that hussein and the rest of them are about to complete. Then, even speaking up will be punishable offense.

There is a great prayer that I use a lot;

G_d grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can and a wisdom to know the difference.

I ask G_d for COURAGE and will do everything/whatever I CAN.

I'm with you Harry!  I'll check out your sites and talk with our Delegates and Senators, TeaParties, even our Republican Club.  I'll do everything I can to rally folks to urge their representatives here in WV to work this out - for We the People.  They represent us or they will hopefully be ousted from office.  Unfortunately this has been a democrat-run state for 40+ years.  I don't want to see it end up luike Detroit or to be part and parcel of Obama's Agenda!!!

Stephanie..thanks.....as soon as I make contact with someone at the COS, and I get the warm feelings I hope I get, then I will also start the action here in Florida.  With my reps and across the State...........

I agree Harry, I signed up.  I also agree with you Twana, there are so many questions but the answers will have to come from the convention.  The question of who, well that is of course problematical just as deciding our best candidate for President (given that we will even get that far) is problematical and as selecting our honest or should I say most honest congressional representatives, not to mention our local and state representatives.

That being said, I have to raise a point that is not at all relevant in my view and that is the disclosure Twana of the notion that Levin and other conservative talk show hosts have bolt holes to go to but are not revealing their plans to anyone.  Frankly friends, that is absolutely none of our business.  Consider that there probably tens of thousands with plans to do just that head for their bolt holes (including many Hollywood types, many Congressional types, and many many  of the wealthy in this country should the government collapse and the government attempts to seize total control or become headed by the would be dictator now acting as our President.  I too  want to see these questions answered but for those that have a place to go and who will go there if they feel the lives of their families and themselves will be in danger, I say let them go.  The moment they are gone, they will be out of it and will lose all claim to the fight to preserve our country and to take it back. Those of us that are staying will fight and do what we have to do to defend our Constitution, our Country, our freedoms as we know them, our families and of course ourselves.

Levin has spent his life defending the Constitution, writing about its abuses, working with an administration to make things work as well as with the Congress back in the days when government service meant something other than just a cushy job.  Frankly, to me, Levin represents the opportunity that we all have and have had since our founding.  Some of us are just a little more fortunate or make the right choices in life and is that not what it is all about? 

Not that I disagree with anything else in your post Twana, for I do agree.  I just do not think it our business to demand others to tell us what their future plans are when the balloon goes up.  Tactically that is just as wrong as giving government secrets to wikileaks.(sp).  Semper Fi.

WE THE PEOPLE MUST GET THIS DONE WITH ( MARK LEVINE ) IF IT IS NOT DONE THIS WAY ======= I FEAR THERE WILL BE A REVOLT VERY BIG REVOLT .

This needs to be explored and completely evaluated. I agree that there has to be a convention of the people, by the people and for the people. The leaders have to be of extremely high moral character. Should we apply one size fits all? To say no legislative, judicial or politicians can be involved. I know some very highly moral principled elected officials. They are criticized by the established elites and I am sure at times feel like we have abandoned them also. How about all the TP fiefdoms that are going by their way. Many cannot get beyond their egos. I have called and talked to at least five of the people that are considered conservative TP leaders about getting together in my state for one funded hugh super pac to elect constitutional conservatives and what I get is what their agenda is. Each TP that raises thousands of dollars be it 2, 10, 20,etc thinks they are doing a great job. Not so because a little advertising for a day or two does not get the job done nor do flyers or speakers. Thousands of dollars together is more powerful and yet at the expense of winning they would rather do their thing in their own fiefdom. In Michigan the senate seat was lost to a very incompetent liberal because two powerful TP groups split on their support of two conservatives. Both candidates were very good, but neither would withdraw until the last minute and that was too late. So it was a big loss for the state and freedom. It was not the politicians that were the problem it was the egos of the TP leadership.

I agree with you Betz, there are numerous obstacles to overcome.  The process must be worked out but first the elected officials in at least 34 States must vote to call for a Convention of the States.  After that, I would envision we have delegates to the convention, much like at nomination conventions........from "we the people". 

Saw this comment on the Convention of States' site.  I agree that what is below should be part of an amendment process.

"I would like to see a MINIMUM time span congress is out of session in order for executive orders to be passed, and even then put limitations on those orders like going to war, or extreme situations not used as a way to bypass the congress. In fact, ANY executive orders passed should be immediately undertaken by the congress upon return and if they do not pass, they are immediately revoked. Obama has abused this power to the extreme and many times against the will of a large percentage of the population."

facebook site:  more information there and supporters

https://www.facebook.com/conventionofstates

There are a number of Article V Convention websites. check them out for more information

This could actually work. The first and foremost would be the 28th amendment to the Constitution requiring term limits for Senators and Congressmen and doing away with all the money they get for life after leaving office. 

3/4 of the states will have to pass and ratify the Amendment and it never actually has to go to Congress for a vote. So, which 38 states are the most likely to get together to get this done? I know of about 20 states that would. That means 18 more are needed. States I am sure would go for this are Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, West Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and Kentucky.

North Carolina, Indiana and Arkansas are toss ups but even with these three, still 15 states are needed. So, which 15 states need to be targets for supporting such a move? Ohio is one. Perhaps Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire are 3 more. Florida could be possible as well as Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Virginia and Nevada. Still need 5 more........ Pennsylvania might go for it so that leaves 4. The only ones I can think may actually be worth working on would be New Mexico, Colorado, Washington and Oregon. These states are less libtard than the other libtard states.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service