Constitutional Emergency

Cruz to introduce constitutional amendment for term limits (We The People Must Begin An Avalance Of Support)

Sen. Ted Cruz announced that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House can serve. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen)

Sen. Ted Cruz announced that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House can serve. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen)

Cruz to introduce constitutional amendment for term limits

Sen. Ted Cruz announced Friday that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House of Representatives can serve.

Cruz, along with Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., made the announcement in an op-ed in the Washington Post, and said their plan is a great way to implement President-elect Trump's plan to "drain the swamp." The proposal would limit members of the Senate to two terms, while members of the House would be limited to three terms in office.

"On Election Day, the American people made a resounding call to 'drain the swamp' that is modern Washington. Yet on Capitol Hill, we seem mired in the same cycle of complacency," wrote the pair of conservative lawmakers. "The game hasn't changed, and the players remain the same. Thankfully, there's a solution available that, while stymied by the permanent political class, enjoys broad public support."

"Passing term limits will demonstrate that Congress has actually heard the voice of the people," they wrote. "We believe that the rise of political careerism in modern Washington is a drastic departure from what the founders intended of our federal governing bodies. To effectively 'drain the swamp,' we believe it is past time to enact term limits for Congress."

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK - answered my own question - wack job or, as they say in the UK, "nutter."  Thanks for the warning, Lee.

The Establishment will block the effort. Really tragic. But, I'm glad Mr. Cruz is trying to do the right thing.

You use the term "Mr." too liberally Jim.

Absolutely

Folks I think I might have spoke to soon, I've been researching this and reading posts from those who know the laws of thermodynamics a hell of a lot better than me. They make some very valid points. 1st they say it violates some laws of thermodynamics, along with that is the expense, the amount of electricity needed to melt the amount of snow that falls in the US,
The problem of upkeep the problem of generating electricity when there's no sunlight which is the case when snow falls! The cost as some have estimated are enormous. It is working on bike paths in Scandinavia but that's a whole differant application. I am however going to withhold my judgement and see what happens to Route 66. Right now however, I think I jumped the gun. That's what I get for talking without researching. Excuse me while I take my foot out of my mouth..,

Remember, the snow we get is 90% of the time generated by HAARP, geo engineering and maybe CERN.  When it melts is poisons the grounds..that is why production is poor and the quality is abysmal.  These chemicals are poison to all life and the goal was for Agenda 21 to be aided with such; same goes for the horrific storms caused by the above also....personal losses, property damage, deaths, etc., 

As of December 25, 2016 Obama has played over 300 rounds of golf since he moved into the Whitehouse. Remind you of anyone? He fiddles while Rome burns. He and his family have spent in excess of 90 million dollars on family vacations and paid not one red dime. He and his wife are getting 20 million dollars each for writing their memoirs which they will toute their successes and lament that under Trump and the Republicans all hope is gone which you will probably hear in his goodbye address. The Democrates have vowed to fight Trump on every issue so Obama, Hillary and the left have no desire to work together for the good of the Nation as they continue to put their personal left wing agenda over the needs of the people. Hopefully as they continue to become unhinged and people can see their hypocracy they and their agenda will be seen for what it truly is.
No nation can endure when their leaders put their needs and beliefs above those of the people. The lefts agenda, hypocrisy is out in the open for all to see. Unfortunatly many follow them because they believe having the government meet their every need is better than being free and independent being able to set their own destiny.
https://tdnewswire.com/shocking-video-next-obamas-list-refugees-99-...

HERES WHATS COMING PEOPLE. Notice mostly young males of fighting age.

He is an alien! How can he do this?

Also, anyone else see that Rand Paul is re-writing Obamacare and Trump is o.k. with it?

That is true..so get the Democrats and the card carrying Communists out..it was illegal to put them in a public office..Sotomayer needs to be taken off the Court as she has been and still is affiliated with the Communist party.

While we are on the subject of term limits..where is the legislation that Trump wants...no salaries to follow them and no perks?

Al Sharpton is calling for a season of "civil disobedience " and is attempting to block Jeff Sessions from becoming attorney general. What the hell is Civil Disobedience? What laws exactly does he want people to be disobedient to?? If he's asking them to do something other than protest (which is legal) he should be arrested for encouraging people to break the law. I hope Trump puts him in jail for not paying millions in back taxes. He's as much a Reverand as Elijah Mohammed is. Why he's been allowed to repeatedly visit the Whitehorse show the total disregard for the Whitehouse and the law of this administration. I'm still wondering why the right did not stand up from allowing members of the Muslim Brotherhood to part of Obamas cabinet. Here's a side note: several Jewish organizations are working to rebuild the 3rd Temple. They already have the priests clothing and various temple articles. If and when the temple is complete its only a matter of time before the Antichrist seats himself there and demands universal worship. That being said it looks like the great tribulation is not far off.
I encourage and pray everyone honestly look at your spiritual condition. It's easy to get tunnel vision on politics and miss the big picture. If we are about to enter the great tribulation, Jesus is standing at the door.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2018   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service