Constitutional Emergency

Cruz to introduce constitutional amendment for term limits (We The People Must Begin An Avalance Of Support)

Sen. Ted Cruz announced that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House can serve. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen)

Sen. Ted Cruz announced that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House can serve. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen)

Cruz to introduce constitutional amendment for term limits

Sen. Ted Cruz announced Friday that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House of Representatives can serve.

Cruz, along with Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., made the announcement in an op-ed in the Washington Post, and said their plan is a great way to implement President-elect Trump's plan to "drain the swamp." The proposal would limit members of the Senate to two terms, while members of the House would be limited to three terms in office.

"On Election Day, the American people made a resounding call to 'drain the swamp' that is modern Washington. Yet on Capitol Hill, we seem mired in the same cycle of complacency," wrote the pair of conservative lawmakers. "The game hasn't changed, and the players remain the same. Thankfully, there's a solution available that, while stymied by the permanent political class, enjoys broad public support."

"Passing term limits will demonstrate that Congress has actually heard the voice of the people," they wrote. "We believe that the rise of political careerism in modern Washington is a drastic departure from what the founders intended of our federal governing bodies. To effectively 'drain the swamp,' we believe it is past time to enact term limits for Congress."

Views: 553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael, I believe you are right, this congress or any other congress is NOT going into the future, who wants to put restraints on their ability to get RICH at the hands of the American public. Stealing, lobbyist, and foreign money, etc. That would blow up any idea of ever getting rich beyond the wildest dreams of any American.  I don't think 34 states will ever do that too, remember they are jockying for the jobs that will be vacated by those already there!!!   It is going to take a lot more than WTP, asking that it get it done and it probably will NEVER get done in my lifetime.

The one thing that can get us the term limits, is "The Plan" with the Liberty Restoration Committee....Trump's people know about this, as the Co-Director of The Plan told us that Trump's people were giving the Liberty Restoration Committee some very good pointers.   Check out The Plan to see what it is about, and I heard that many Representatives think this is a good thing.  It will reset our Constitution back to its original intent, fire all and put only good people back in....change is what we need and The Plan also has term limits already in it.   It is our original Constitution with a few amendments to make sure this government never gets out of control again...http://www.thelibertypledge.com/get-connected-.html

From what I understand, they are planning to exempt all current members of Congress from the limiting of their terms.  That's probably the only way they can get it passed.  Personally, I'd like to see the limits set at one term.  I don't think the founders intended any more than that, because all of them had full time jobs or were farmers (which is also a full time job), and I don't believe they received any compensation, either.  That's the only way we would ever get true patriots into Congress instead of people interested in the wealth and power aspects of their positions.

Linda,

I am sure you know, they did not take a salary, that is what kept them honest..or at least more so than what we see now; and at times, they did not even get expenses for travel let alone anything else.

Would someone here, that has more brains than I, how can Cruz do a thing..he is an illegal, an alien by rights..Canada holds his citizenship papers?

I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed holiday season.

Buzz

Cruz should never have been permitted to run for the Senate, but at the time, nobody knew that he was a Canadian citizen.  He had to have lied to whoever certified that he was a natural born citizen, because he does not have a U.S. birth certificate, and as far as I know, he has never been naturalized.  He renounced his Canadian citizenship when somebody revealed that he was born in Canada, and claimed that he was a U.S. citizen because his mother was a U.S. citizen when he was born.  That is highly questionable, because she was on Canada's voter rolls, and could not have held dual citizenship.  For Ted to be a U.S. citizen (even if his mother WAS a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth), his mother would have had to file forms with the U.S. Government when she returned to this country, requesting that her son be certified as a U.S. citizen based upon his mother's U.S. citizenship.  As far as anybody knows, she never did that.  Cruz has had all of his documents sealed, just like Obama did (which tells me there's something he doesn't want us to know).  And since he is probably neither a citizen of Canada nor the U.S., his current citizenship status would, I assume, be with Cuba, since his father was a Cuban citizen at the time of Ted's birth.  I voted for him in 2012, but will never do so again.  Not only was I unaware of his Canadian birth, I also didn't know what a liar and a sleaze he is, until the 2016 primaries.  I also was not aware that he is a Dominionist.

I wrote so many articles and blogs on this situation, many of them here...the same question remains, why is he still in the Senate?  Texas could axe him I believe but so far nothing.

While I am here...please call your senators, or email..support Sessions and Kelly...they come up first...we need to get these two in and then Sessions can start putting together what he will do against what HRC and her ilk have been up to..I hope he includes all the pedophilia that she is involved in around the world and here; also Obama..arrest, bring to trial and convict..then shoot them all for high treason and that means most of our legislative bodies..maybe politicians would straighten up and out if they knew this was ahead of them.

Linda we need to get the current members out also  and if I remember right the people in congress were appointed by the states and could be fired by the states congress, they  changed that by changing the law to where the people could vote for them. And your right the founding fathers didn't compensation they only met once a year 

That was the case with Senators - they were appointed by the State Legislatures, with each session of Congress.  But somebody got the bright idea that it would be better if they were elected by the vote of the people, so they passed the 17th Amendment for that purpose.  The result is that now, the States have no longer have input into the laws, budgets, etc., enacted by Congress.  A really bad move!

ONLY an Article V Convention can pull this off; Congress will not jump start the amendment process to do this.

Ernest Lee who heads up the Liberty Restoration Committee used to head up the Article V Convention, he said there are flaws in the Article V. Convention, specifically this way to prevent us from doing what we need to do.....we have to get our Local (State) Representatives and Senators involved and once they are in favor this has a good chance of going somewhere.....Millions has already signed on and taken the declaration and many people are already working with Representatives from many states.   Take time to read about this "The Plan" and you will see what it is about.  You can also contact them, and they will answer any questions.

I remember reading that they tried to get the term limit passed once before and it got shot down and the same will happen again it will not pass this time either. But I do agree we do need term limit and kick all these useless people out.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service