Constitutional Emergency

Cruz to introduce constitutional amendment for term limits (We The People Must Begin An Avalance Of Support)

Sen. Ted Cruz announced that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House can serve. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen)

Sen. Ted Cruz announced that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House can serve. (AP Photo/Cliff Owen)

Cruz to introduce constitutional amendment for term limits

Sen. Ted Cruz announced Friday that he will introduce a constitutional amendment to limit the number of terms members of the Senate and the House of Representatives can serve.

Cruz, along with Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., made the announcement in an op-ed in the Washington Post, and said their plan is a great way to implement President-elect Trump's plan to "drain the swamp." The proposal would limit members of the Senate to two terms, while members of the House would be limited to three terms in office.

"On Election Day, the American people made a resounding call to 'drain the swamp' that is modern Washington. Yet on Capitol Hill, we seem mired in the same cycle of complacency," wrote the pair of conservative lawmakers. "The game hasn't changed, and the players remain the same. Thankfully, there's a solution available that, while stymied by the permanent political class, enjoys broad public support."

"Passing term limits will demonstrate that Congress has actually heard the voice of the people," they wrote. "We believe that the rise of political careerism in modern Washington is a drastic departure from what the founders intended of our federal governing bodies. To effectively 'drain the swamp,' we believe it is past time to enact term limits for Congress."

Views: 557

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now, just how does an illegal introduce a bill to do anything?

Canada still carries him as a Canadian citizen!

Just asking.

Darn good question, Millie.  Despicable!  He did give up his Canadian citizenship last year but when, exactly, did he re-acquire US citizenship is the important question.

Then Cruz holds office illegally and should be arrested by the citizens of Texas.

The only way he could have done so is if his mother had submitted the necessary U.S. Government form (don't know its name or number) when she returned to live in the U.S., that would have claimed her son was a citizen by virtue of the fact that his mother was a U.S. citizen.  I'm not sure he would have even been qualified for that, though.  He admits that he has not been naturalized, so since he renounced his Canadian citizenship, and he's not a naturalized American Citizen, then his citizenship designation would fall to that of his father at the time Ted was born - and his father was a Cuban.citizen at that time.

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/us-...

Now, let's look at the "requirement for physical presence in the United States."  Here is the timeline:

1964-1966 - Cruz Sr. takes a few odd jobs, marries and moves to Canada to work in the oil fields. The Cruz family resides in Canada for the next eight years. “I worked in Canada for eight years,” Rafael Cruz says. “And while I was in Canada, I became a Canadian citizen.” – (From and interview with NPR) "Peter Spiro, a legal expert on US citizenship at Temple University. Spiro says Rafael Cruz's multi-country odyssey did not follow traditional models for immigration.  SPIRO - “Ted Cruz himself seems to be an advocate of those traditional immigration models. Maybe he should be a little more tolerant of the nontraditional Versions, given his own father's history.”

1970 - Ted Cruz is born in Canada, to two parents who had lived in Canada for at least four years at that time, and had applied for and received Canadian citizenship under Canadian Immigration and Naturalization Laws, as stated by Rafael Cruz. As a result, US statutes would have voided the prior "green card" status which requires among other things, permanent residency within the United States and obviously, not becoming a citizen of another country during the time frame of the US green card. 

1974 - The Cruz family moves to the United States when Ted is approximately four years old. Rafael Cruz has publicly stated that he remained a citizen of Canada until he renounced his Canadian citizenship when he applied for and became a US Naturalized citizen in 2005. As a result, his wife and son were also Canadian citizens, his son being born a citizen of Canada in 1970."

Therefore, his mother also would have been required to submit an application to have her own US citizenship restored.  When did she re-acquire US citizenship?  Quite disturbing that Lyin' Canadian Ted has blocked ALL of that paperwork with the exception of his own Canadian BC.

His mother certainly did not live in the US for the ten years prior to his birth.  Another pertinent question:  How old was she when she married his father?  If she was not at least 19 at the time they moved to Canada, she did not, therefore, fulfill that requirement to have lived in the US for five years after her 14th birthday.  So, in conclusion, she did not fulfill the requirements to pass US citizenship on to her child.  Voila!  Lyin' Canadian Ted is a man without a country and serving fraudulently in the US Senate.  Any members here who live in his district in TX who would like to file a lawsuit?

I've never found proof that Ted's parents were married prior to Ted's birth.  I live in Texas, and would be happy to join a lawsuit if I could afford it, but unfortunately, we can't do any more than meet bills until we sell our previous home (which has been on the market for over 3 years).  But I have written to Senator Cornyn (the other Texas senator) just now, because in trying to determine who verifies a Senator's eligibility for the office, I learned that verification for a U.S. Senator rests solely with the U.S. Senate.  I had always believed that verification for Cruz' eligibility rested with the Texas Secretary of State.  So I've contacted Senator Cornyn to find out what person or persons in the Senate are in charge of eligibility verification.  When I get that information, I will send them a letter to clarify all this.  I can almost guarantee they have not seen a document from Cruz that proves he is a U.S. citizen.

Good for you, Linda.  Dec. 15 is coming soon - am hopeful about Sheriff Joes' Posse!  Perhaps AG Sessions might look into this.

Linda, My understanding on who is responsible for certifying eligibility of a person to run for US President falls to the political party which that person is running for. In the case of Ted Cruz running for President that would be the RNC/GOP. THAT is both National AND State levels of the party.
In the case of Cruz running for Texas Senate then it was the Republican party of Texas. And THEN after they (GOP/RNC) have declared that eligibility to the Secretary of State (Texas), the SOS must accept that certificate of eligibility.
Senator Cornyn's statement refers to the US Senate to verify and accept his eligibility but only AFTER he has been elected to join them.

A side note - I was a delegate at the Texas Republican party convention in Ft. Worth TX in 2012 when Ted Cruz was nominated for the US Senate seat.

The question of his birth and eligibility was never mentioned.

Old Rooster - it was never mentioned at the 2012 convention or anywhere else - everyone assumed he was a citizen.  It was only after his election that his secret emerged.  I had believed what NALC said about Cruz having lied to the Texas Secretary of State, but I researched several authoritative sources concerning who certifies which offices, and that's where I learned that the Senate is the sole body for verifying Senators are Constitutional eligibility.  So I have written to Senator Cornyn to find out specifically, who in the Senate is responsible for that, and what their snail mail address is.  He is normally pretty good about answering my correspondence, so I hope he will respond soon.

DO IT ## DO IT ## SON OF MAD DOG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Term limits is the best way to stop career politicians, I belief that once in, they do what they think best and forget what we the people want. Look what we have in there now, they can't agree weather there is air in the same room, Dead lock after dead lock, Hope Trump stops all the in fighting, and clean house.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service