The "R" word potential by "we the people" has been spoken in public congressional testimony as a real possibility based on Obama's lawlessness...the witness is saying, "if congress can't rein Obama, the American public may well take the action".

I think this is the first public pronouncement in open testimony before Congress of potential over-throw of the US government by public revolution............at least that I have heard.

During a congressional committee hearing about the constitutional limits imposed on the presidency and the implications of President Barack Obama’s disregard for implementing the Affordable Care Act as written, one expert testified that the consequences of the president’s behavior were potentially grave. He said that the precedent set by Obama could eventually lead to an armed revolt against the federal government.

On Tuesday, Michael Cannon, Cato Institute’s Director of Health Policy Studies, testified before a congressional committee about the dangers of the president’s legal behavior.

“There is one last thing to which the people can resort if the government does not respect the restrains that the constitution places on the government,” Cannon said. “Abraham Lincoln talked about our right to alter our government or our revolutionary right to overthrow it.”

RELATED: Jonathan Alter Links Egyptian Military’s Overthrow Of Muslim Brotherhood To Promise Of Obama

“That is certainly something that no one wants to contemplate,” he continued. “If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.”

“That is a very dangerous sort of thing for the president to do, to wantonly ignore the laws,” Cannon concluded, “to try to impose obligation upon people that the legislature did not approve.”

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm anxious to observe what this testimony generates............if anything???

•   Seems O does as he pleases on his mission to destroy America ( One World Gubmint). O has many following him in Wash DC in both political parties as some (Dems. ) cheer him onward ,and others (Repubs ) hide & shiver like a scared wet dog under the porch ..

Same ole Same ole as the majority of the critters will sadly be re elected in 2014..It seems we have many over paid tyranny orienated crooks in DC ,but no real representation to uphold the U.S. Constitution.

"... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive.

If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.

The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950)

http://www.dojgov.net/Liberty_Watch.htm

• Harry, I suspect this isn't going to generate anything but the government just saying, the Public wants WAR against, what they call the legitimate elected body of Leaders; and I say this lightly, but they are all are violating the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, hourly. This last election was just a farce, voting violations all over the place, Electronic voting machines being forced on the American Voters, so they can rig the elections.

• Just more ammunition in support of an armed revolt Clois..............

• Yes, A-MEN!

• Yes,  Amen X  10

• We, THE REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS, better take this country back soon, or there will be nothing to take back.

• we can all feel it.... we know that we are inching towards a full frontal confrontation.

• There was additional testimony by Jonathan Turley, a Georgetown professor/lawyer who spoke of the direction of Obama as being toward an "uber-President" and cited it as "grave" and dangerous.  This is a left-wing liberal finally publicly calling Obama what he is......a "grave danger" to our constitution and the United States of America. 

The Chair of the Committee, Goodlatte spoke of the definition of tyranny.  When executive, legislative, and judicial power is consolidated into one branch it is the definition of tyranny and implied it's Obama's path........

We've spoken of the cauldron bubbling, the lid quivering.......and my sense is that people in Washington are starting to get the message of what's really happening out here in the hinter-land. 

I don't know if the "r" word is what Obama wants, but he sure is moving the potential along and it's gaining speed.  God knows I ache to get it on............

This reply was deleted.