This is from the ACLU website so I do not want to link to it here. I don't want the rush of liberals including jihadi's coming in starting trouble. The way I track when PFA or a member here is put on a hit list - it is done by following the links back to who links to us or puts the hit on us. Anyway..............I don't want them here. You can go to their website to find it.

Twana

August 15, 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY – A federal court today struck down an Oklahoma state constitutional amendment that would have prohibited state courts from considering what is broadly described as Islamic "Sharia law" and "international law."

The American Civil Liberties Union and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) challenged the amendment on behalf of Muneer Awad, executive director of CAIR's Oklahoma chapter. 

"We're very pleased with the result, which will help secure religious freedom and equality for all Oklahomans," said Daniel Mach, director of the ACLU's Program on Freedom of Religion and Belief. "Throughout the case, the state couldn't present even a shred of evidence to justify this discriminatory, unnecessary measure."

The proposed constitutional amendment also would have barred state courts from applying or considering "international law."

"The court got it right," said Chandra Bhatnagar, senior attorney with the ACLU's Human Rights Program. "The Supreme Court has held that international law is part of our law. Moreover, our Constitution requires ratified treaties to be treated as the supreme law of the land. Preventing courts from considering foreign or international law raises serious questions about the separation of powers and the independence of courts and judges."

"This law unfairly singled out one faith and one faith only," said Ryan Kiesel, executive director of the ACLU of Oklahoma. "This amendment was nothing more than a solution in search of a problem. We’re thrilled that it has been struck down."

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Need to start telling the federal courts to take a hike the people have voted and need to do away with the aclu their nothing more than dog crap

• Maybe it is time, for the Public to select these Judges, instead of Politicians, a Judge-man-ship makes a great Party Gift to someone who has given their all for your Campaign.

• Oh boy!

• They can pass anything they like but sooner or later, the majority of American Citizens will refuse to comply with these unconstitutional mandates. When they do, you know as well as I what the result will be. I hope we are all prepared for it.

• So...that means the feds honor "honor killings", murdering Christians, etc. seems to me the feds are against the Constitution.  It's hard to hold my tongue.

• THIS IS 'AMERICA'' OUR LAWS BELONG TO WHO EVER LIVES IN AMERICA.............NO OTHER LAWS APPLY.

• Islam is on the war path and they will not be satisfied until all of America is under shria law!!  American federal agencies are more and more willing to give muslims what they want!!  American citizens must become active in stopping this treason!!!

• Evil wins again.

• Tag  you  said  IT...

• NOT IF ''WE THE PEOPLE'' STAND UP, WE ARE LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH WHATEVER THEY WANT?

This reply was deleted.