This is from the ACLU website so I do not want to link to it here. I don't want the rush of liberals including jihadi's coming in starting trouble. The way I track when PFA or a member here is put on a hit list - it is done by following the links back to who links to us or puts the hit on us. Anyway..............I don't want them here. You can go to their website to find it.

Twana

August 15, 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY – A federal court today struck down an Oklahoma state constitutional amendment that would have prohibited state courts from considering what is broadly described as Islamic "Sharia law" and "international law."

The American Civil Liberties Union and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) challenged the amendment on behalf of Muneer Awad, executive director of CAIR's Oklahoma chapter. 

"We're very pleased with the result, which will help secure religious freedom and equality for all Oklahomans," said Daniel Mach, director of the ACLU's Program on Freedom of Religion and Belief. "Throughout the case, the state couldn't present even a shred of evidence to justify this discriminatory, unnecessary measure."

The proposed constitutional amendment also would have barred state courts from applying or considering "international law."

"The court got it right," said Chandra Bhatnagar, senior attorney with the ACLU's Human Rights Program. "The Supreme Court has held that international law is part of our law. Moreover, our Constitution requires ratified treaties to be treated as the supreme law of the land. Preventing courts from considering foreign or international law raises serious questions about the separation of powers and the independence of courts and judges."

"This law unfairly singled out one faith and one faith only," said Ryan Kiesel, executive director of the ACLU of Oklahoma. "This amendment was nothing more than a solution in search of a problem. We’re thrilled that it has been struck down."

Views: 945

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will, Thank you for being one of us!  If your Lee-Enfield is modeled after the Model 1917 Eddystone, you should be putting them in the "black" at 500 yards, too.  I had a Winchester .30-.30 saddle gun that was pretty good up to 100 yards, but since most of the shooting I did was with the U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M-1, (erroneously referred to as the M-1 Garand), and in 1963, switched over to the military M-14, I had a lot of long distance shooting practice, including some basic sniper training on the range.  As to the Model 1911A1 .45 Cal., it was the best we had.  This joke they issue the Marines and soldiers now, Baretta 9MM, has no penetration/stopping power.  Even the M-16A4 needs to be replaced with a real weapon.  Many Marines in the big sand pile have been getting M-14s ao they can do their job!   

Judges serve on "Good behavior " this sounds like anything but and would be grounds to remove said judges(s)

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service