Constitutional Emergency

Franklin Graham Responds to Criticism of Christians Who Back Trump

Franklin Graham Responds to Criticism of Christians Who Back Trump

Lawrence K. Ho/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images
October 17, 2016
50868245 Comments 12498

On Friday, Pastor Franklin Graham responded to the criticism of his fellow evangelical leaders who continue to stand by Donald Trump despite the business mogul's morally objectionable behavior, particularly the lewd sexual comments captured in the 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape.

Graham—who does not officially endorse political candidates in part because of the tax exempt status of his religious organization—pushed back against the idea that his evangelical peers were giving Trump "a pass" on his sexually aggressive and derogatory behavior. Trump, said Graham, "has taken full responsibility" for his 2005 comments, but his immoral behavior is not what is important anyhow. What matters, stressed the massively influential pastor, is the Supreme Court. 

Graham commented on the election on multiple platforms last week, addressing the issue of the Supreme Court in a prayer rally in North Carolina on Thursday and then in a Facebook post the next day. At the 50th Decision America Tour prayer rally in Raleigh, he told a crowd of over 10,000 that despite the difficult choices presented to Christian voters this election, it was their duty to vote for the candidate who would appoint the best justices. 

"Hold your nose and go vote," he told the large audience. "You have to decide which one of the two (presidential candidates) that you would trust to appoint justices that are going to protect our religious freedom as Christians. ... Vote where you can for people that are going to support Biblical principles."

Graham posted a statement on Facebook the next day defending evangelical leaders who still support the Republican nominee: 

lot of people are slamming evangelicals for supposedly giving Donald J. Trump a pass. That’s simply not true. No one is giving him a pass. I’m certainly not, and I’ve not met an evangelical yet who condones his language or inexcusable behavior from over a decade ago. However, he has apologized to his wife, his family, and to the American people for this. He has taken full responsibility. This election isn’t about Donald Trump’s behavior from 11 years ago or Hillary Clinton’s recent missing emails, lies, and false statements. This election is about the Supreme Court and the justices that the next president will nominate. Evangelicals are going to have to decide which candidate they trust to nominate men and women to the court who will defend the constitution and support religious freedoms. My prayer is that Christians will not be deceived by the liberal media about what is at stake for future generations.

Though it's clear that Graham is unofficially endorsing Trump, he has repeatedly stressed to his audiences that no political candidate can restore the United States. God alone, says Graham, can do that. 

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Judith and I appreciate all you have done to add positively to our discussions here, Heavenly blessings to you and your family.

My wife and I just voted. Passed on your information Judith, thanks. ALOT of Trump supporters in line and a lot of people voting on the first day of early voting here in Vegas. GO TRUMP!!
Lee. Well said Brother... I'm so glad to see you've come to your decision. I know you came to it thoughtfully and through much study and discussions here. I watched you labor and toil to come to your decision and I remember when you started you had many questions and objections about Trump. Would that others out there would of done their homework as you have done. You didn't just jump on the bandwagon.
Your an example to everyone, again, I admire your due diligence.
Shalom...

Thank you Michael, may the peace of God be with you and your family.

Remember those among you that have not sinned then you & only you may cast the first stone!!!

Attachments:

Absolutely!      Just read article with picture of Trump and his wife with Franklin Graham, Sr., in fairly small group, celebrating Franklin's 95 birthday.  Says a lot to me that he would choose to celebrate with incredible religious people, instead of rich politicians/businessmen. 

The media ONLY looks for ways to attack Trump as they, themselves are extensions of Democratic Party.  In fact as you should be noting now, these "women" attacking Trump were actually hired via ads in Craigslist, and paid for by Clinton campaign - and used to destroy Trump!   And tape from 11 years ago was "doctored" and then released by Paul Ryan himself, timing just before debate...allowing Ryan to remove Trump from political event in Wisconsin that Ryan didn't want Trump to attend.  (If you haven't figured it out yet, Ryan, Romney Bushes....are ALL NWO globalists.)   And rioters against Trump rallies were part of DNC and Hillary's campaign too.   These things are being exposed by Wikileaks, undercover photographers, plus leaks by very angry ex NSA employees.

A Catholic Leadership organization also recently published letter about reasons Catholics need to help elect Trump as he has identified key Christian objectives, including Pro-Life, Johnson Amendment, supporting Constitutional focused  candidates for Supreme Court, against Common Core pushing Islam on our children in school, supporting our veterans, and against New World Order being implimenated by globalists which includes world wide move to depopulation, open borders, distributing 3rd world people to create multiculturism world wide in order to eliminate nationalities;  NWO pushing deviant sexuality, ultimately beginning to achieve asexual "cast" humans, like worker bees, via using recent terminology which can create humans from 3 to 40 people's DNA, Satanism, and a world alien to ANY Christian values!

Even though Trump has behaviours I do not like, I can separate them from his incredible business skills and ability to recognize what has already been done to remove America from the Judo-Christian values and Constitution on which our country was founded, and identify what needs to be done to return America to the people!  He is a big thinker and knows how to meet his goals!

There are also so many wonderful things Trump has done for people, which reflect his true character, but which he doesn't openly share!  People come forward sharing that Trump/driver had a tire or car issue on a highway and someone stopped and helped.  He later found  that these people were struggling with mortatgue and might lose their home.  He paid it off.  He's had his pilot fly critically ill child across country for care when airlines refused to do so.  He finally assisted veterans who were imprisoned, or struggling with PTSD.   Had his plane fly veterans home who couldn't find reasonable and timely flights.  He took, had delivered truckloads of food and supplies to people in big storms and flood situations. 

He took his 3 year old daughter to business meeting with him when his wife was sick, and made he made lite of it.......  and on and on!   His children reflect Trump's REAL character! 

One after another religious leader shares their full support for Trump with his acceptance of Christ, and that he is not same person he was 10 years ago!

With this full analysis, it doesn't take me long to decide to vote for, and support Trump!   People have to understand how desperate the Progressives, Globalists, and GOP Establishment who have filled their pockets thru corruption of  government and who want to continue to do so, as well as, destroy world to achieve the immoral objectives of NWO/Agenda 21........as well as ALL the dirty, ugly and illegal things they have done to take Trump down, even with members of his own party saboutaging him.      

I do believe, after all the people's prayers for US, that God gave us a strong, imperfect man to lead us thru one of the most difficult times in history of this country!     If one gets so hung up on character flaws, I suggest we each look at ourselves first and then pitch in with help instead of criticism and be part of solution instead of the problems.  This country is falling apart and people need to open their eyes and stop the political correctness and SEE the evil and destruction of NWO, and quit making excuses for them....democrat OR republican! 

Well said Carol............thank you.

Excellent, Carol - may I pass that on?  Am posting on FB without a name - just PFA - let me know if you want me to take it down.

Certainly!  Feel free to use/share in whatever manner you feel may be helpful.....

THEY BOTH WORK FOR THE GLOBALIST  ## IN THE REAL WORLD THEY ARE CALLED COMMUNIST ##  IF YOU THE PEOPLE WOULD JUST FOLLOW ORDERS EVERYTHING WOULD BE SO EASY .

Would like to pass this article on to all.  Please take the time to read it.  America, and the world for that matter as we know it, will forever be changed (for the better or worse, up to us) be ready: http://www.globalresearch.ca/politically-correct-the-war-on-free-sp...

This is not a conspiracy theory nor is it to incite fear or alarm.  We need to unite now more than ever.  Peace, Fitzpatrick

However there is incredible "free world Brix Road work" going on in an increasing number of countries who are working against NWO, and improving their human rights and environments thru freedom!  Countries of Russia, China, Phillipines (just left US as a territory, because of Obama, and joined the Brix structured world with this group.   Some of the EU countries have begun work with Brix group as well!

You are not hearing anything about this in media.   More info and confirmation at www.LaRouchePac.com .

They are large group who worked heavily with Congress to get them to over ride Obama's veto of bill allowing 9/11 families to sue Saudi.      This group is working vigorously with Congress to pass Glas Steagul  financial institute protection by classifying community banks differently than international ones so entire country isn't destroyed with financial crash!  

Please check out for a piece of sanity in this globalist conquest....

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service