3-star ripped for presentation referencing God

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/02/military-3-star-presentation-reference-god-021712/

8142473458?profile=original

WASHINGTON DC - - Air Force Lt. Gen. Ronnie Hawkins, the new head of the Defense Information Systems Agency, is under fire for a commander’s call Wednesday that included references to God. But Hawkins, who just took over the directorship of DISA in January, said his presentation has been taken out of context.

As part of an all-hands meeting with DISA employees, Hawkins apparently showed a power point presentation that contained two slides titled “Ronnie’s Rules” that outline 18 priorities, the first and last of which are “Always put God first, and stay within His will” and “Always remember God is good — all the time!”

Hawkins said in a response to a query from Air Force Times that he stated at the all-hands meeting that “Ronnie’s Rules” were his personal road map for living and he has used it since he was a captain. He said he tries to live by these rules every day.

“Those two slides, in particular ...were in no way a directive or expectation I have for our dedicated men and women,” said Hawkins, who previously served as deputy director of command control, communications and computer systems, Joint Staff at the Pentagon. “The rules are my own personal guide posts, or moral compass.”

All DISA employees apparently didn’t see the presentation the same way.

A fine DISA employee who witnessed the presentation spoke with Air Force Times under condition of anonymity. He said he was shocked that a senior leader would include such direct references to God in a commander’s call that in his opinion was held to say “I’m your new commander and this is what I expect of you.”

The employee said that he provided the presentation to the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, a nonprofit advocacy group, “in hopes of saving lives.”  Yeah, right.

MRFF’s founder and president, Mikey Weinstein, is calling for Hawkins to be court-martialed for violating his oath to the Constitution. He said he is representing 21 employees at DISA.

The employee said what might seem like an ordinary presentation to Air Force employees can be easily obtained and used as propaganda in other countries — something he said a commander should know. People in Arab nations for example, might see Hawkins’ comments as a show of support toward one religion by the U.S. government, he said.

“If you’re a commander, you will be seen as speaking for the U.S. government whether you like it or not,” he said. “What you do goes out into world.”

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can we find a room for the Obama Obots and let Garfield and Maxine deal with them.....what a bunch of absolute air heads we have in the US bureaucracy.

• This IS the downfall of this country

• Quote"MRFF’s founder and president, Mikey Weinstein, is calling for Hawkins to be court-martialed for violating his oath to the Constitution. He said he is representing 21 employees at DISA.''

Mikey Weinstein should be told to STFU and sit down.  I'm in charge here.!!

• God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

Man November can't come soon enough. I just wish Congress hadn't forsaken the America Citizens and the US for this fraud and NWO agenda.

•  Good Grief ! What a buncha whiney brats. Wonder if any would care to trade places for even a day in the trenches ? I can vouch for the numbers of troops who, indeed, have found God right there with them. If the General says it's his own-personal-daily guide, then WHAT is the problem ? Are you ' people ' so in love with yourselves & your dramas that you cannot humble yourselves & let another human being express himself ? Or are you communists at heart ? I would urge you all to examine your own lives & let the folks who just might be satisfied that they do have something that works for them. Isn't that what our country is all about ? Or are you communists at heart ? I would invite you to leave this land if it doesn't suit you, remembering the bumper stickers of the ' 60's; " America, Love It Or Leave It ". There's gota be a place where your ' causes ' would be welcome; say Mogadishu, or Yemen, any number of pleasant spots with abundant recreational opportunties. Please, LEAVE !

• AIR FORCE LT. GENERAL RONNIE HAWKINS IS SPEAKING ABOUT "GOD COME FIRST " , THAT IS HIS BUSINESS OBAMA CANNOT INSULT GOD ANYWAY , OBAMA OWES TRILLION TIME HIS CRIMINALS TO GOD !! . THAT IS NOT JOKE !

WE SALUTES TO AIR FORCE LT. GENERAL RONNIE HAWKINS . GOD WILL NEVER ALLOW GENERAL TO BE IN COURT- MARTIAL !! . WHAT FOR ?  SOMEONE MUST BE NUTS !

LEAVE THAT LT. GENERAL RONNIE HAWKINS ALONE ! .

LOTS OF AMERICA PEOPLE CALLED OBAMA THE " FATHER LUCIFER OF LIES ", SHOULD ANY ONE GET ARREST ? .

THAT IS STUPID ! .

LEAVE LT. GENERAL RONNIE HAWKINS  A-L-O-N-E  !!!

• Thanks Harry, I say Amen to  Lt. Gen. Ronnie Hawkins for standing up for God. If the fine "Yellow Belled" employee that "bad Mouthed" the general spoke only on condition of anonymity is not willing to stand up, publicly, for what he believes and hides behind "anonymity", he/she is a "Coward" and is a despicable individual with NO integrity, therefore the term "Fine Employee" is a person of dubious character. This person wants to deny others their God given right and conform to their Godlessness, a factor that has become a political correct attitude in the Washington establishment, under the Obama Administration, who obviously want to destroy Christianity and who promotes the Islamic Religion. Since this practice emerged even our "Top Military Leadership" has fallen victim to this practice. What has happened to our "Top Military Leadership"? Are they afraid of standing up for the precepts upon which this great country was founded and  have taken an oath to protect? We, the citizens of the United States, must stand up against all these "Political Correct" folks and get back to the precepts that has successfully guided this country for over 2 centuries. I fear that in a matter of less than a decade (10 years or less) most people in leadership positions have all lost their moral compass and are contributing to the destruction of our once great nation. They seem to be more concerned with "Personal Power", in controlling the citizens, rather than protecting them. This must stop!
      We The People,
      can and MUST stop this and change this practice in November! Vote and encourage ALL your friends to VOTE!!!

May God Bless General Ronnie Hawkins and give him the wisdom, stamina, and courage to stand upon his well founded principles.

Martin L. Church
      CMSGT, USAF, Retired

• This Weinstein (should be Whinestein) piece of trash should be dropped kicked as should the traitor who complained about the General's comments. The General is a hero and is simply upholding his oath to the Constitution. The Declaration and Constitution were based upon a nation UNDER GOD! We all took an oath of office that ends with the words "so help me God." Don't like it, get the hell out of country and to the troop who breached the chain of command and ratted out the General, that coward is a disgrace to the uniform and must be court marshaled for violating his oath of office! We are a Judeo-Christian nation as is the majority of our population and I believe belief in God should be required of anyone in uniform, period!

• I am continually amazed at those who only want to use part of the 1st amendment. They convieniently ignore/forget the part that says "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". And again we qoute someone who doesn't have the balls to stand on principle. He is like the little boy in school who says "lets get Johnnie in trouble" I think the reporter should be included in this category also, "lets get a story on this general, it will make big points with my boss. The media needs to graduate from kindergarden. I don't know if any of you remeber Edward R. Murrow, an icon of reporters back during the 40's and 50's. There no way he would have used an anonymous source.

This reply was deleted.