President Obama has signed 23 executive orders designed to address the problem of gun violence in America. The following are the items addressed:
Gun Violence Reduction Executive Actions:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make itwidely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effectiveuse of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to developinnovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
It does not appear that any of the executive orders would have any impact on the guns people currently own-or would like to purchase- and that all proposals regarding limiting the availability of assault weapons or large ammunition magazines will be proposed for Congressional action. As such, any potential effort to create a constitutional crisis—or the leveling of charges that the White House has overstepped its executive authority—would hold no validity.
The first Executive Order should have been to ban demonRATS from possessing fire-arms.
you are right! Furthermore, they should not be allowed to get or hire body guards. This is insanity!!!
Enforcement & funding for all of this are two other incidents to be considered.
When are we going to DEMAND that congress advise the President that EXECUTIVE ORDERS are NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE RULE OF LAW.
An Executive Order is simply a memorandum for those directly within the Executive Branch and DOES NOT APPLY TO THE CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY!!
The President of the United States is a Servant of the people and Governs ONLY with the Consent of the Governed. This simple fact seems to lost on this would-be Dictator who seems to think he is a MONARCH IN A BANANA REPUBLIC!!
The Bill of Rights is INALIENABLE, NEVER TO BE INFRINGED and not up for review by any servant of the people!!
When can we expect our Congress and the Supreme Court to remind this ILLEGAL ALIEN occupying our White House that he is a Temporary Guest of OUR HOUSE AND IS EXPECTED TO OBEY OUR CONSTITUTION, OUR BILL OF RIGHTS AND OUR RULE OF LAW..... OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!!
You can go ahead and demand anything you'd like to. The problem is that THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN about our demands, plain and simple.
You are exactly 100% correct. All of us here need to tell our senators and congressman that this are the facts.
Johnny, with your permission......can I copy & paste much of your statement in an email to my governor and senator?
Carrie.... I would be Honored to have it Copied and pasted on the forehead of every elected and appointed bureaucrat in this country!! Thank You for taking the time to pass it on Carrie! ..... and with a bit of luck we can have our thoughts BRANDED on THE Future but invisible Gonads of those Politicians who claim to have the answers they were never asked to voice.
What these Servants of the People need is a Remedial Review of Our Constitution, Our Bill of Rights.... AND THEIR JOB DESCRIPTION. Their printed job description as outlined in every Oath of Office they take is to Proctect and Defend our Constitution...... NOWHERE IN THAT OATH IS OUR PERMISSSION FOR THEM TO ATTEMPT TO CHANGE IT!!!
Thanks! I just copied and emailed to my officials. I added a few of my own words. Now, Patriots....we need to hound them on immigration!!!!!! Lets' not get distracted and forget about that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mental Health - isn't this what Russia did to take care of or eliminate people who opposed them. Obama needs to go ASAP.
Non of the above executive orders would have prevented or mitigated the events of Newtown, Aurora, or Tucson!!! Armed citizens, TRAINED and PRACTICED in the use of deadly force would have made a world of difference!! The major impact of these orders will make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to arm themselves!! In addition it plants the seeds of confiscation and demeans all who want to exercise their rights under the 2nd Amendment!!!
Treat the EO's with the same respect people treat speeding laws. They have piled on so much garbage even the Police don't know what they are supposed to do... They are failing and only know how to keep shoving more garbage on top of their last pile of garbage.