If so, what and how, when and where? Maybe you're works will help others get started or give others some good ideas.

Preparing is new to some of us, therefore, we need all the suggestions and Ideas we can get.

Thanks to all who help in this.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I save shower water for flushing the toilet. When I trim the trees the wood is saved.

• PFA;;  Last  10 days,  My  mail  was  being  operated  by  a  3  unauthorized  Party,  Verizon  alerted  me,  along  with  Norton  security, during  that  time  I  passed  my  4  hr.  Cardio  Nuclear  scan  stress  test, includes  treadmill  year-end  report  will  be  1/4/13  for  my  heart..  Beware  folks  the  Internet  is  running  rampet ;; alot  of  Phishing  sites  and  stealing  our  Identity,  So  change   log-ins  and  passwords,  refresh  your  computer   and  have your  net  provider  check  your  operation  security..  Will  all  this  be  back  to  normal  * Were  protected  by  our  Federal  Gov, right.!! Sounds  good,  but  I  don't  feel  safe  in  this  country..!  Aleast  for  now  we  still  have  gun  rights..!!  Everyone  have  a  Merry  Christmas,  and  God  Bless..!! 

• I was totally physically unfit. I began walking each day. I am currently increasing the distance each week.

• 10---4  Deb,   Walk  for  life  works,  of  course  the  proper  cookies  and  milk..! Amen

• Good for you! Walking 1 mile or riding a bike 1 mile burns 100 calories

• That's good to know, I try get in at least 1 1/2 miles every day. I have a great pedometer - on Omron- just keep it in my pocket and it tracks steps, miles and calories. Right now I'm getting ready for an 8/10 of a mile trail at my local park.

• Morning Twana, I can't say that I take any specific action each and every day in regards to training or prepping.  What I can say is that after 21 years in the military it is ingrained to the point I don’t really think about it.  I don’t have a workout routine like I had to maintain in the Army, but I do stretches throughout the day or whenever I feel tight.  I keep telling myself that I need to get back into the push-ups, sit-ups, and run again but the truth is it’s hard to work into a normal day and it has to be a forced event.  As far as prepping I have to schedule according to time and budget.  I prioritize supplies and equipment as to what I can’t do without and then prioritize again as to what comes first to survival.  As for my tools and equipment it’s an unconscious event.  What I mean by that is I have maintained my equipment for so long that I don’t even think about it anymore.  I check my weapons daily running through function checks and inspecting each and every piece as I work with it cleaning and just general care.  I learned early on as a PVT to run straps, cords, buckles, and everything else through my fingers.  Your sense of touch is keen enough to find things your eyes might miss and you can do it each and every time you touch something.

One thing I do is research and write; about everything.  When I started all of this a couple of years ago I had a general idea of what I thought I needed and I figured my military training would serve me as needed, but I was wrong all the way around.  My training served me well in the military, but in the civilian world I was quickly losing my skills.  In the Army we had a saying; “You never rise to the occasion… you only fall on your training.”  I started a list of food and equipment and expanded it to shelter and security.  What I have ended up with is a book that is somewhere around 182 pages in length and grows a couple of pages a day.  I also have a library of books covering everything from trapping to tracking and wild plants to include their uses for food and medical and where / how to find them.  I also have added military Regulations, Field Manuals, and TM’s and anything I can find from FEMA, TSA, the Red Cross, and anything else I can get my hands on. 

I do go out into the back yard or the woods when I can to try to apply what I have read and I like to take notes about the outcome, kind of an After Action Report (AAR); what went well, what went wrong, and what can be improved and how. 

I will share any info with anyone who asks or wants help wherever I can.  I don’t have anyone close by to work with so it’s kind of a one man show.  I also know there are lots of gaps and cracks because I’m alone, but with that said I also know I am better prepared than most and I’m not going down in the first wave. 

• Up, greet family/pets, streach, meds, breakfast, more meds, FOX news, e-mail. Check "To Do" list and calendar for errends, appointments/meetings. Secure weapons. Weekly audit of ependable items on hand, make list for replacements & consult with sale papers/on-line offers for best pricing, including medical supplies. Long term food items are dated & rotated; bulk items have been processed for long term possibilities (rice, beans, etc) in food grade containers and initial packing with dry ice (kills bugs, eggs and creates super tight seal from the coldness). Hunting/fishing items cleaned and ready for use bi-monthly. I have several small garden plots with seasonal plantings, I'm in Fla. Tend fruit trees. Have water supply checked every 6 months, quantity and quality, I have city water, but also have a private well. I have breakfast at a local cafe about 1X/wk. to pick up on local goins on, some folks I've known since elementary school; never interrogate, just listen & elicete info. Journalize daily. I will send more to Twana for distribution.

• I am 70, retired from the U.S.Army and stay very busy; I have a green house and small garden in boxes ; I collect rain water (when it rains here in TX.) have 3 containers of 250 gallons each for the garden; it is a blessing and works very well. I use shower and washing machine water for flowers ; compost; grass, cardboard, paper, alluminum cans; there is no limit; it is imagination at work.

• Walking or riding a bike for 1 mile will burn approx 100 calories.

This reply was deleted.