How did you prep today and Did you do any physical training ?

If so, what and how, when and where? Maybe you're works will help others get started or give others some good ideas.

Preparing is new to some of us, therefore, we need all the suggestions and Ideas we can get.

Thanks to all who help in this.

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are all doing the right thing and should be hoarding food and water. 

Also, another major part of our life, children, grandchildren, etc. is AGENDA 21.  Check it our on your

computer.  It all starts at the local level of politics. It is frightening and we must all work on this with other

conservative groups to get it out of your city and state.  Also, check out ICLEI.

Sorry for changing the subject Twana but this is critical to our every day living that is creeping up faster

than we think.

Lyn, what is TVP?

Textured Vegetable Protein

To prep I bought hard red wheat , about 900 pounds , bought over 500 pounds of oats  condensed milk , powdered milk and so far about 40 pounds of coffee and trading for canned fruits and veggies that I don't have . Have bought 300 pounds of rock salt to preserve meat , now have a dozen chickens , a few head of beef and twenty head of horses . If I had to , the latter , ugh . I planted 500 blueberries three years ago with a bunch of free raspberries and free gooseberries . I have an orchard , 28  different varieties . Saved seeds and belong to a seed bank . Deer , turkeys and grouse are plentiful and I have a stream going through the property . Don't have enough fuel , both diesel and gas . My gardens total about an acre and have one stick built greenhouse 12x18 and just was given a 28x48 hooped greenhouse minus the covering . The gardens will be given to my neighbors except for my own use . Learn to smoke fish and meats , very easy and stores well especially if a vacuum packer is used . Most of what I have is good trading material and bartering will be mandatory . I'm very fortunate in that I have several acres as most do around me and we look out for each other . What I don't have my neighbors have as we've gotten together and made a list . There are many that have amassed huge amounts of stores . I've been at it for a while now and most of it was free or nearly so . Traded labor for much of it . Medical supplies a must and I have quite a bit tending to horses that are always looking for an excuse to hurt themselves . Even pain meds for them that can be used . Needles for stitching and needles for intravenous . Sanitary pads for wound dressings . You needn't spend a fortune . Just let your imagination go .

Physically most of the above has kept me in pretty fair condition . Bucking 6 ton of hay a month helps (or hurts)  , except for my bank account . The trick has been in starting and doing it in little bites . I've not had the financial means to just go buy everything I need . I drive a 94 Dodge and a 86 Ford and have a 52 International 2 1/2 ton farm truck and the latter paid with my labors . If an EMP is set off my Ford and flatbed will run . I like reliable but not keeping up with the Jones has saved a bunch for me .

Keep an eye out for fruit trees , many never even used or garden plots that are not being used . Run an ad trading labor for part of their garden or ?  Start storing water and the basics . The list is long so make a list .

We were feeding this to inmates in the Florida DOC

The problem with our current leadership is best seen in this short commentary, if you have a sense of humor.

Subject: Military Evaluations
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt
----------------------------
Marine Corps Rules:
1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
3. Have a plan.
4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a '4.'
7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.)
9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
10... Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
11... Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12... In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
13... If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.
Navy SEAL's Rules:
1. Look very cool in sunglasses.
2. Kill every living thing within view.
3. Adjust Speedo.
4. Check hair in mirror.
US Army Rangers Rules:
1. Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving.
2. Locate individuals requiring killing.
3. Request permission via radio from 'Higher' to perform killing.
4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.
5. Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound rucksack while starving.
US Army Rules:
1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.
2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.
3. Curse bitterly.
4. Curse bitterly.
5. Do not listen to 2nd Lt's; it can get you killed.
6. Curse bitterly.
US Air Force Rules:
1. Have a cocktail.
2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
3. See what's on HBO.
4. Ask 'What is a gunfight?'
5. Request more funding from Congress with a 'killer' Power Point presentation.
6. Wine & dine ''key' Congressmen, invite DOD & defense industry executives.
7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets (and upgrade golf course).
8. Declare the assets 'strategic' and never deploy them operationally.
9. Hurry to make 13:45 tee-time.
10. Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enough to have tax exemption.
US Navy Rules:
1. Go to Sea.
2. Drink Coffee.
3. Deploy Marines
And the next... (You've got to love the military, and God bless them all.) U.S. Navy Directive 16134 ( Inappropriate T-Shirts )
The following directive was issued by the commanding officer of all naval installations in the Middle East (It was obviously directed at the Marines.)
To: All Commands
Subject : Inappropriate T-Shirts Ref : ComMidEast For Inst 16134 / / 24 K
All commanders promulgate upon receipt . The following T-shirts are no longer to be worn on or off base by any military or civilian personnel serving in the Middle East :
1. 'Eat Pork or Die' [both English and Arabic versions]
2. 'Shrine Busters' [Various. Show burning minarets or bomb/artillery shells impacting Islamic shrines. Some with unit logos.]
3. 'Goat - it isn't just for breakfast anymore.' [Both English and Arabic versions]
4. 'The road to Paradise begins with me. [Mostly Arabic versions, but some in English. Some show sniper scope cross-hairs.]
5. 'Guns don't kill people. I kill people.' [Both Arabic and English versions]
6. 'Pork. The other white meat.' [Arabic version]
7. 'Infidel' [English, Arabic and other coalition force languages .]
The above T-shirts are to be removed from Post Exchanges upon receipt of this directive. In addition, the following signs are to be removed upon receipt of this message:
1.. 'Islamic Religious Services Will Be Held at the Firing Range at 0800 Daily.'
2.. 'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'
All commands are instructed to implement sensitivity training upon receipt

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service