Prison Diaries: Jan 2, 2011: Terry's First Letter from Prison: Dec 21, 2010

http://www.terrylakinactionfund.com/prisondiaries/13-diaries2010122...

Why should you contribute to the Trust? Because Terry has put a huge amount of personal money into this case and now has lost everything. His actions, and future actions continue to keep this critical issue. of Obama's constitutional eligibility in the public square. Click here to contribute.

Prison Diaries

Dec 21, 2010

Hope all is well. Don't know how to start a letter or what to say. I hope I made a difference in a very important matter. It cost me a lot. But I now have to believe it turned out okay. There certainly are no do-overs. The important thing is for the work to carry-on so we never have this situation again.

Today is my fourth day at Leavenworth and my first day with supplies to write and send letters and hoping for a phone call today. Another soldier and I arrived Saturday AM shortly after midnight. We are considered in 'reception' status until we complete about a week of briefings and assessments. But they have a holiday schedule until after New Year's Day. Although they are making some efforts we likely will remain in 'reception' status until into January.

Reception status is mostly lock down in my cell. We now get two hours of 'rec time' in the morning and afternoon. Rec time is cell door open to a common pod area with a four-seat table, an exercise bike that does not work, a flat-screen TV that we cannot watch, and two showers. Activity is playing cards or a few board games, working out in my cell between meals, reading the rulebook, Bible, and now writing letters. Looks like the routine for the next several weeks. We have limited stamps, envelopes, and I am writing with a small, soft plastic (almost rubber pen) that is not to comfortable.

After getting more integrated in January (hopefully minimum security) we may have more privileges. There will not be much use of a computer, limited phone, news, or TV. We have to order our own health and comfort supplies from a small provided list. We are allowed one order request per month and not more than $35 per month. I'm hoping they will honor my first order on credit- we have not been able to get money into our account yet - not having any communication with Pili yet. I'm hoping to get a small radio with ear buds so I can get some news radio. Had to work hard to decide about how many batteries I could get by with vs how many rolls of toilet paper to buy.

The trial seems long ago now. What a feeling of helplessness going through the process. I likely got the best outcome I could have- but it was painful.

After the trial I overhead someone say, "Well, he's no hero now!" Sorry, I was not in it to be a hero. Just thought I was doing the right thing. I spent enough of myself and my family's future for now. Others are going to have to continue.

Got to go now. Moving cells quickly. Phones don't look good today. They brought a phone in but no one knows how we can call out collect. Sigh...

Terry

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will refrain from making a comment on this letter he has written here but I would like to express my viewpoint here. In all honesty, I have DEFENDED, Lt.Col. Lakin on his refusal to obey an order that he and others felt was unlawful,esp myself. On the other hand, I feel that he should not have used the birther issue as his primary grievance, he should have submitted his grievance based on MORAL and HUMANITARIAN grounds !

I feel that his being a Flight Surgeon that he would have a much better chance of getting this grievance up the chain of command then the birther one. So far, no one knows why he suddenly changed his mind or why didn't he believe that using his profession as leverage to a much better degree.

If there are some who question my Honor,Duty,Loyalty and Integrity and Support for Lt.Col. Lakin, then I suggest that you view this thread over at HP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/16/terrence-lakin-sentence_n_...

Am known as Snowleopard56 at HP and like I've said, I was willing to SHARE in the Col. punishment by being at his side.  

I need a clarification on this:  he should have submitted his grievance based on MORAL and HUMANITARIAN grounds !

On BO and his eligibility?

He already served over there, once. Saying something NOW about moral or humanitarian would be talking out of both sides of his mouth. (The old 'I was for it before I was against it'.)

Others have suggested various approaches as a defense and of course other options were available...be that as it may, Lakin did what he did based on his circumstances at the time.  We shouldn't forget the administrative and other legal approaches Terry Lakin took using the chain of command over two years prior, trying to get attention to the constitutional issue.  When he could get nowhere through the chain of command, he took action that he knew would place himself in jeopardy, but get the issue surfaced at the national level. 

The fact that he took "action" stands without question.  

One day, LTC Terry Lakin will be hailed as a national patriot, pardoned, and declared a man of honor and sacrifice along side a long list of American patriots...mho.....

Honored to be able to read LTC Lakin's actual words... seems he's maintaining... God Bless him!

LTC TERRY LAKIN IS "TRULY" an AMERICAN PATRIOT. They Will Keep Him Confined Away from the General Population for Fear of Him generating His Own little Army.  I KNOW that I'D Follow Him to Hell and Back IF He Wanted Me To.  What HE has Done IS for "ALL" Officers and Soldiers in Our Military to Stand Up and Take Notice Of.  Citizens as well, BUT, People "ARE" Sheep !   GOD Forbid that THEY DO Anything to take the "REDS" On !   LTC LAKIN "IS" a Shining Beacon for "ALL" of US to See.  It's NOT Only the Obamunist's BC that Is in Question. But, "ALL" of HIS Records !  Did anybody ever notice that the PROGS/LIBS know nothing, but, to call US Names. BIRTHERS?  He's held office for almost 2 yrs now and we Still Do NOT Know "WHO" or "WHAT" He "IS".  Personally, I can say with 99.9% CERTAINTY that he is NOT a Christian.  He "IS" a "MUSLIM". He told us himself that IF we want to know who He IS then just look at WHO he surrounds Himself With.  All I see around him Are ... MUSLIMS, CZARS, MARXISTS, COMMUNISTS, and Many Others of "QUESTIONABLE" Character. 

It may be two years before the people can do any thing for Lakin, but the 2012 election is our option to rid this nation of the progressive agenda or at least a lot of it.

I for one plan on writing to him to help fill his lonely days with Hope & Praise.  Should anybody else care to write to him, here is his Exact Address :

TERRANCE LAKIN  # 89996

830 Sabalu Rd.

Fort Leavenworth, KS.   66027

P.S. It has to written out "Exactly" like that for him to receive it !!!

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service