Constitutional Emergency

Natural News

(NaturalNews) Senate Bill S 510 - the "Food Safety Modernization Act" - was passed by the U.S. Senate today (http://www.naturalnews.com/030576_F...). If signed into law, it would unleash a new era of FDA tyranny over farmers, food producers and even small family farms, many of which already exceed the "small farms exclusion" written into the bill.

Here's the list of US Senators who voted to approve final passage of S.510. Remember these names when the next election comes around:

Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Brown (R-MA)
Burr (R-NC)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Coons (D-DE)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kirk (R-IL)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
LeMieux (R-FL)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (D-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Vitter (R-LA)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

Additional commentary about the vote Notably,there was not a single Democrat who opposed the bill. This bill was also supported by Food, Inc. authors Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser, who have become the favored food commentators of the left. It's now clear why: In supporting this bill, they have aligned themselves against Constitutional freedoms and in favor of increased Big Government (FDA) authority over food, seeds and farmers.

Change.org also strongly supported S.510, although its online petition pitifully attracted only 1,662 signatures. The Libertarian groups who opposed the bill, in contrast, generated hundreds of thousands of emails and phone calls to U.S. Senate offices. These Libertarian-minded groups include NaturalNews, the Alliance for Natural Health (www.ANH-USA.org) and the Natural Solutions Foundation (www.HealthFreedomUSA.org), among others.

As you well know, I personally don't trust Democrats nor Republicans, but this fight over S.510 has shown yet again that, to the left, Big Government is always thought to be the solution, even if it means stripping away the Constitutional rights of Americans.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans will take away your rights and money as an excuse to take care of the rich people. Democrats, on the other hand, will take away your rights and money as an excuse to take care of everybody.

Remember: Republicans gave us the Patriot Act. And now Democrats have given us the Food Safety bill. Both laws are unconstitutional expansions of government power that the American people will come to regret.

Articles Related to This Article:
The Honest Food Guide empowers consumers with independent informati...

Interview with "Kevala" Karen Parker, master raw foods chef

Cigarettes, Lies, and Pet Food Advertising

The true horrors of pet food revealed: Prepare to be shocked by wha...

Interview: Raw food guru David Wolfe explores the healing energy of...

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030577_Senate_Bill_510_voting_record.htm...

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There may still be a chance to block this over regulation:

House May Block Food Safety Bill Over Senate Error

* By John Stanton
* Roll Call Staff
* Nov. 30, 2010, 10:09 p.m.
One may hope, but they have a version of that too, and are aiming for the same general goal!
How can you call this governance, when you look at the voting record listed.
This is nothing more then a pay back for Monsanto and ADM.
Yep; that's exactly what it is, because they bought our "leaders" by campaign funding; which should NEVER have been allowed!
A v-e-r-y major flaw in S510, which I noted in my telephone calls & faxes to Mr. Dodd & Sen. Lieberman prior to their "yea" votes, is the inclusion of a means to fund certain aspects of the new regulations through...a TAX! Only the House of Representatives is mandated under our Constitution to make bills that need, raise or appropriate taxes.

The S510 now goes to the House where it will be reviewed by the Ways & Means committee...and I am confident the committee will red flag the tax language, thereby negating a compromise bill passage before the 112th Congress. Thank G-D for small things! (And the utter stupidity of demoCRAP & RINO senators who don't know what the Constitution says!)
It is very difficult for me to be sympathetic toward those people who became victims of eating "tainted" food...when common sense regarding food is the watchword of a responsible person.

On the other hand, the expansion of gov't regulation of food will actually result in the most dire consequences: increased sickness, malnutrition and possibly starvation by millions. Why?

When the self-policing free market that currently delivers safe & (mostly) nutritious food to our 300+M people is saddled with bureaucratic insanity, food prices will, as in the words of "fearless leader" - skyrocket! People with limited finances will be forced to seek out the lowest affordable foods, many of which will already be spoiled or unsafe.

Profits by food producers, drastically diminished by gov't over-regulation, will lead to cost-reduction measures that reduce food safety and quality. People in the cities who do not have the opportunity to grow their own gardens will be at the mercy of suppliers delivering whatever food is available for sale.

Few are the relative number of our population who have the time and knowledge to properly select, prepare and consume foods that are fully safe and nutritious. How much worse will the situation become exacerbated when the mighty FDA bureaucrats attempt to mandate absurd regulatory oversight?

Our two senators, Dodd and Lieberman, ignored the thousands of letters, calls and faxes sent by their constituents in CT to vote "no" on S510. Mr. Lieberman will be up for election in 2012, assuming he runs, and will be mightily challenged. 2010 is only the first lesson...2012 ill bury the so-called progressive communists.
We will all need to be able to plant and grow our own foods if we don't then many will simply starve and that's what this president wants to happen he wants to eliminate about half of the American population so that he can bring in more illegals.
The ultimate goal is to reduce the GLOBAL population to a max of 500 MILLION, out of about 6 1/2 BILLION..you do the math...
For the past year, the FDA has been issuing massive recalls of all sorts of foods allegedly contaminated in the processing by especially salmonella, but also lysteria and e. colis; now IF that much of the food supply truly is being contaminated with these organisms it's NOT because we need MORE regulation, which I've told my Senators and Rep.repeatedly, but because the EXISTING regs aren't being followed as stringently as they should be. It may well be that many of these recalls are more in the nature of "false flag" than real threats, to expand the controls of the FDA, and to advance the one world order agenda and nothing more or less than that. The laws and safeguards already in place have been sufficient for a long time; why all of a sudden do we need MORE? NOT, I think for the purpose of providing safer foods for us to consume. We got a little luckier in AZ. both Kyl and McCain, the latter one of those who initially introduced this fool bill, did vote against it.
Some people just NEVER learn from the history that tries to teach them.
those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it and this judge just sent this country down a path that will make us repeat some part of our past history.
Hey Patriots,

There Is hope !! Mail Sen Tom Coburn R Oklahoma and thank him for his efforts to derail this abortion

And while you are at it Mail Scott Brown Rhino Massachusetts . This Traitors name is in there with the long

list of liberal Communist Bastards . Remember these names !! We have a lot of culling to do

Charlie L. / Patriot from Boston

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service