Natural News

(NaturalNews) Senate Bill S 510 - the "Food Safety Modernization Act" - was passed by the U.S. Senate today (http://www.naturalnews.com/030576_F...). If signed into law, it would unleash a new era of FDA tyranny over farmers, food producers and even small family farms, many of which already exceed the "small farms exclusion" written into the bill.

Here's the list of US Senators who voted to approve final passage of S.510. Remember these names when the next election comes around:

Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Brown (R-MA)
Burr (R-NC)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Coons (D-DE)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kirk (R-IL)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
LeMieux (R-FL)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (D-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Vitter (R-LA)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)

Additional commentary about the vote Notably,there was not a single Democrat who opposed the bill. This bill was also supported by Food, Inc. authors Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser, who have become the favored food commentators of the left. It's now clear why: In supporting this bill, they have aligned themselves against Constitutional freedoms and in favor of increased Big Government (FDA) authority over food, seeds and farmers.

Change.org also strongly supported S.510, although its online petition pitifully attracted only 1,662 signatures. The Libertarian groups who opposed the bill, in contrast, generated hundreds of thousands of emails and phone calls to U.S. Senate offices. These Libertarian-minded groups include NaturalNews, the Alliance for Natural Health (www.ANH-USA.org) and the Natural Solutions Foundation (www.HealthFreedomUSA.org), among others.

As you well know, I personally don't trust Democrats nor Republicans, but this fight over S.510 has shown yet again that, to the left, Big Government is always thought to be the solution, even if it means stripping away the Constitutional rights of Americans.

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans will take away your rights and money as an excuse to take care of the rich people. Democrats, on the other hand, will take away your rights and money as an excuse to take care of everybody.

Remember: Republicans gave us the Patriot Act. And now Democrats have given us the Food Safety bill. Both laws are unconstitutional expansions of government power that the American people will come to regret.

Articles Related to This Article:
The Honest Food Guide empowers consumers with independent information about foods and health

Interview with "Kevala" Karen Parker, master raw foods chef

Cigarettes, Lies, and Pet Food Advertising

The true horrors of pet food revealed: Prepare to be shocked by what goes into dog food and cat food

Interview: Raw food guru David Wolfe explores the healing energy of living foods

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030577_Senate_Bill_510_voting_record.html#ixzz16nm3YdzE

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is so appalling, and am sick to my stomach. It's getting harder and harder to believe we have a chance, and am going to have to dig deep to come out of this one!
  • Twana,

I am so angry over this. I have been contacting the Repubs that voted against it to ask them to put together a group of them to EDUCATE the HOUSE members to hold it up. You would not believe that ppl in the House who are SUPPOSED to be WITH the Tea Party voted for this damned thing.
    Also, I am calling the ones who did vote for it and expressing how very bad of a decision this is, and of course are defending themselves.

WE have to do something about this.

http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2010/11/who-benefits-food-safety-bill-w...
    The New Zeal Blog has moved...
    • Judy....or anyone.......Has the US House passed this Bill???

If not, then we start a major phone, fax, etc effort to the US House members.....
      • It was already thru the house but changes were made in the Senate. So, we must stop it as it goes back
  • Take special notice of the RINO 'r'epublicans, for those that are Lame Ducks, thell them thats why they are Lame Ducks.

For all others advise them that they are on the Elimination List for 2012.

TSGT Clough

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
    • And another in Arkansas.
    • It's not lame duck it's lame dick this session of the house they just a bunch of old lame ducks they could not get things right or up if they wanted to hence the term(lame dick) they are just a bunch of wads
  • Here's what we have to do to stop the S510....bombard the US House of Representatives demanding they refuse the Senate Bill.........kill it until the new Congress takes over........Call or fax your congressman and voice your opposition and name the Senate Bill S 510 - the "Food Safety Modernization Act"

What's next: Defeat the bill in committee

The Senate version of the bill must now be reconciled with the House version that was passed last year. This reconciliation committee must hammer out the differences between the two bills.

Democrats are urgently rushing to do this during their "lame duck" session in order to avoid more Republicans getting involved who would seek to scale back the power and size of the federal government.

Some House Democrats are even suggesting they would support passing the Senate version of the bill as it is written, without requiring any changes whatsoever, just to rush it through before the end of the year. NaturalNews and other health freedom organizations intend to fight this effort, hoping to stall the bill until the new Congress can enter the picture and hopefully interject some common sense into the negotiations.
    • Great point, Harry. OK, now I'm pumped up -- let's melt the phone lines, Patriots!
  • Actually it was not the Republicans who gave us the Patriot Act.... the Patriot Act was written by Joe Biden in 1995... I yet know why and how it came to be that Bush used it. Interesting, I think... more to make us distrust our government.
This reply was deleted.