NATIVITY SCENE AT SHAW AFB

TO:  Air Force Leadership,
ww.facebook.com/20FighterWing

What a gutless, politically correct explanation giving cover to cowardly leadership regarding the nativity scene.

Perhaps you people don’t understand that Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ Jesus.  All other supposed “holiday” displays are keyed off the “birth of Jesus”.  Without the celebration of Jesus birth, there would be little to no holiday in December.

For one who served in the fox-hole and received life saving support from Air Force fighter power, I’m astonished, embarrassed at the shame of Air Force leadership.

Harry Riley, COL, USA, Ret
Crestview, FL
850-689-1818

In a message dated 12/11/2013 5:20:46 P.M. Central Standard Time,   20FWPublicAffairs@us.af.mil  writes:
Dec. 11, 2013
Release No. 9-2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NATIVITY SCENE AT SHAW AFB

SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, S.C. - Last week a group of volunteers set up a nativity scene near Memorial Lake.  All faith-based and secular groups were offered an opportunity to put up holiday displays; however, only one group elected to do so resulting in the nativity scene being the sole display. 

Based on only one faith group being represented, 20th Fighter Wing officials determined the appropriate course of action was to celebrate the holiday season consistently and elected to remove the nativity scene from Memorial Lake.  In previous years, the nativity scene had been displayed on the grounds of the base chapel.  All faith-based and secular groups wishing to place a holiday display on the grounds of the chapel this year are encouraged to coordinate with the Shaw chaplain staff.

20th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
Shaw AFB, SC
Comm: 803-895-2019/DSN: 965-2019
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/20FighterWing

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• With all due respect, as a retired member of this once proud military branch of the USA, I am ashamed of the decision and equally ashamed of the reason for the decision made by anonymous "20th Fighter Wing officials".

The Public Affairs Office must be as embarrassed to print this release as I am ashamed to read it.

You state that all groups were offered the opportunity (presumably by those same, 20th Fighter Wing officials) to put up displays and because only one group accepted that offer, the offer was withdrawn-after the fact. Does that make sense to you? It does not to me.

It makes me wonder if there was a predetermined number of displays required and if that number was stated in the initial offer to all groups. If not, the group taking the time and effort to erect a display was treated badly as were all those who appreciated and enjoyed seeing the display, especially in view of the fact that the display was entirely appropriate for the season of Christmas, still a national holiday in our once acknowledged Christian nation.

I realize that the Public Affairs Office did not make the decision to remove the display, but I ask that you make my opinion of that decision known to those who did make it.

God bless our troops and Merry Christmas to all.

JAMES L WALKER
    TSGT, USAF, RET
    • I concur wholehearted with the words of  James L. Walker TSGT, USAF, Retired. It is no wonder that the military services do not have any "REAL' leaders, leading the best troops in the world, they all seem to cave in to the "politically correct" agenda even before there is any evidence of any resistance. With leaders in leadership positions like this, how can the United States ever expect to win any wars that may confront us in the future?

Thanks for your service, Sergeant Walker, and your well founded comments, you have many supporters. As as a student of management and leadership, the top leader is always responsible for this insult against our Lord Jesus Christ, as well as those that participated in setting up this display. As Jesus said from the cross, "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."

Martin L. Church

CMSGT, USAF, Retired

• We have no leadership in the USA.

• I agree. If we did.....this kind of thing wouldn't happen!!!

• Disgusting and sad.  A very merry un-Christmas  and bah- humbug to those who made that decision.

• I remember when this was One Nation Under God. I sent mail to the US AIR FORCE reminding them that a Nativity scene at Christmas is as Reasonable and normal as Christmas Carols.And a Christmas tree.and Christmas Lights.-- when I served our USArmy Basic Training  school Commander at Ft.Campbell Ky  thought it  sound training to have us read excerpts like that from the July 9,1776 General Orders where General George Washington expected every Officer and man to so live and act as  becomes "a Christian Soldier" some of the best memories of the years spent at Ft.Carson,CO included the drives past the US Air Force Academy and the Cadet chapel at Christmas time( but that was before Mikey Weinstein and Mike Farrell took control of the Academy.) With out Christ there is NO Reason for the Season for it is the time when Bible prophecy was fulfilled and the Word  became Flesh and tabernacled amongst us.John chapter 1:verse 14. It is the time when the ancients  remembered and celebrated the conception.I miss the United States I served to defend. 

• Amen Robert............

• Hope they keep it up.  Some one will get pissed enough and then Murphey comes alive.

• The dastardliness, actions of the commanding officers should look back at the one institution that instills all the principles of one being Godly, and that the men/women conduct themselves with the highest standards, not written in any manual but that come from the Ten Commandments. For many years i was involved with the alumni at the Air Force Academy during the home football games and over the years met many of the Cadets. These men/women believed in God and were some of the finest people who brought the Christmas holiday to a new level by always openly sharing their faith and expression, and as far as  i know things have not changed. So far as i know these atheist groups are violating those of faith their first amendment right and their freedom of expression. 20th fighter Wing Public Affairs, you need to respect those that came forward and answered the request to put up a Holiday display, since the atheist did not, that was their choice, so man up and do the right thing.

My friend Harry Riley; if you would like to forward my comment your welcome to do so........Joe Sanchez, God Bless all of you who visit here and have a very Merry Christmas !

• We are infiltrated at every level.      It makes me think of this Bible passage:

Ephesians 6:10-19         

"Finally, my brethren be strengthened in the Lord and in the might of His power. 11 Put you on the armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. 13 Therefore take unto you the armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect. 14 Stand therefore, your loins girt about with truth, having on the breastplate of justice, 15 and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. 16 In all things, taking the shield of faith wherewith you may be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the most wicked one. 17 And take unto you the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God). 18 By all prayer and supplication, praying at all times in the Spirit, being and in the same watching with all instance and supplication for all the saints--"19 And for me that speech may be given me, that I may open my mouth with confidence to make known the mystery of the gospel.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
23 hours ago
Sunday
Apr 8
Mar 31
Mar 27