http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2012/05/01/natural-born-citizen-requ...

Fox News' Bret Baier

Brett lists several examples of who would be considered a natural born American.  In short, people like Marco Rubio or Bobby Jindal can breathe a sigh of relief.  They are good to go.

All the law requires is that the mother be an American citizen who has lived in the U.S. for five years or more, at least two of those years after the age of 14. If the mother fits those criteria, the child is a U.S. citizen at birth, regardless of the father's nationality.

Views: 2058

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is only ONE SCOTUS Definition of Natural Born Citizen

The Minor Court’s unanimous opinion and definition of natural-born citizen have never been overruled or even questioned

<snip>

There’s a quote for you. It really exists. And it tells you exactly who are natural-born citizens; those born in the country of parents who are citizens. The words are plain-spoken and self-evident.

The Following is a Direct Print From Wordpress......

Minor v. Happersett Revisited.

Posted in Uncategorized  on January 9, 2012 by naturalborncitizen

[the final part examined Minor v. Happersett in light of some of the arguments being offered against its precedent, providing new analysis of key provisions of the holding therein.  I am reprinting the section on Minor now as a separate post because it is crucial to understanding the case, and it appears to have been somewhat swallowed up by the first two parts.]

MINOR v. HAPPERSETT REVISITED.

the only time the US Supreme Court ever did define the class of persons who were POTUS eligible under Article 2 Section 1 was in Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874), wherein it was held:

“The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.” Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162, 168.

There’s a quote for you. It really exists. And it tells you exactly who are natural-born citizens; those born in the country of parents who are citizens. The words are plain-spoken and self-evident. There are two classes of persons discussed in the above quotation. Those born in the country of citizen parents were labeled by the Court as “natives or natural-born citizens”, but these were also further identified as being “distinguished from aliens or foreigners”. The distinction is crucial.

On one side are those who have no citizenship other than that of the United States… as distinguished from those on the polar opposite side who have absolutely no claim to citizenship in the United States; “These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.” Those who fall in between these two extremes make up a third class of persons whose citizenship status, the Court noted, was subject to doubt:

“Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of the parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first.” Id. (Emphasis added.)

First, on pgs. 165-166, the Court defined the meaning of the word “citizen”. Then, on pgs. 167-168, the court defined the class of “natural-born citizens”. The Court left open the issue of who were “citizens” under the 14th Amendment, which the Court wisely avoided by exercising judicial constraint. Instead, the Court construed Article 2 Section 1, Clause 5, the natural-born citizen clause. In doing so, they defined and closed that class to persons born in the country to parents who are citizens.

The Minor Court’s unanimous opinion and definition of natural-born citizen have never been overruled or even questioned. In fact, the very passage defining the natural-born citizen class was re-stated in Justice Gray’s opinion from Wong Kim Ark. Had he intended to take issue with that definition, or to expand it, then his opinion would certainly contain something like this:

Wong Kim Ark is a natural-born citizen eligible to be President.

more....

http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/

I sent a letter to the District Judge Anderson who is calling for a defining of natural born, in my letter I explained it in simple english as it was made very clear in the U.S. Constitution and reminded his honor this was taught in grade school when I was a lad. I informed his honor that he need look no further than Article II Section I Clause V in the U.S. Constitution but just in case he could go to a copy of Vettles book LAW OF NATIONS the same place the FOUNDERS based the termanology on.

I explained further that the reason this was used was it in simple terms ment could not be changed by man reference to loyalty to one Nation not altered by duel blood lines, duel loyalty.

Too many takers are on the dole. This s now a national tragedy! We as a nation are done. War is eminent.. in contry. Gd help the just.. The comnstitution mans nothing in the eyes of the progressive. I'm done!

The republicans are too dumb to win an election when it's practically handed to them...

Who the hell is Brett Baier?  A talking head on Fox News and now he's the authority on constitutional law?  Give me a break. Baier shows an ignorance that should cause Fox to send him packing, if they have any integrity at all.....an oxymoron.....news anchors and integrity.

The GOP is wading into a swamp that will sink them, and well it should be if they persist in naming an illegal VP as part of the Romney ticket. Stupid is as stupid does and the GOP appears to be slobbering all over a ridiculous observation by a Fox News analyst?

Why would the GOP even enter the "natural birth" quicksand?  There are numerous possibilities in America for Romney to pick a VP that has no question as to legal status as outlined in Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5.

I won't vote for a republican ticket if a Rubio or any other illegal candidate is the VP...Illegal republican, illegal democrat can't be accepted by an American Patriot.  It's obedience to the Constitution or hell to pay............

Natural Born Citizen is not difficult to understand.

If the term was hard to understand, The Founders would have clarified it.They grandfathered themselves in and that would not have been necessary if the purpose was not clear to them.

Two Citizen Parents and born in the Country.

The intention was to have a POTUS and CIC who had NO divided loyalty.

The VP should have the same qualifications.

No. What Baier says, is actually in the Constitution.

Really? Where???

Joe...are you looking for an argument?......Baier relates selected language that has no bearing on "natural born citizenship" and therefore he is deceiving the public, spreading information betraying actual constitutional language relating to natural born citizenshop..........in short he is lying or stupid, or both.

Joe must be trolling.

Joe H there is no factual data to support your comment!     If you believe there is, please state the article, section and clause in support of your argument.    

Do you pursue with unsustainable dribble often?

Opposition to Motion to Dismissed filed April 30, 2012 in Arizona by Van Irion of LLF Dummett vs DNC/Wasserman Schultz

Joe,

I do not believe you understand the difference between :

"Natural Born Citizen" and "Citizen by Birth" 

A "Natural Born Citizen" is a Citizen of the country or nation by the very nature (natural law) of their birth.

They are "Natural Born" because both parents are citizens (either by birth or naturalized) and they are born in the country or nation (under it's juristiction) and owe no allegiance to any other nation because of the parents citizenship in another country or nation. Citizenship by historical and natural law passes down from the father. This was important to the Founders and Framers of The Constitution because they did not want anyone as President and Commander in Chief who might have divided loyalty by virtue of parents.

A "Citizen by Birth" is a Citizen because they were born in the country where parents are residing at the time even if they are not citizens yet themselves.

The last form of Citizenship is "Naturalized" - Citizen by choice and legal process.

Hey folks, what we need to do is bombard every GOP website we can find with not no but hell no to Rubio.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service