New York Senate Passes Gun Confiscation Bill: New Yorkers, You Now Have No Rights

Off Grid Survival

If you live in New York, Your State legislators have just declared open season on all law abiding gun owners.

In a late night session, New York Legislators passed the most draconian gun bill in the nation with a vote of 43 to 18.The bill, which expands the state’s ban on so called “assault weapons”, has a number of even more troubling provisions that should scare the hell out of any freedom loving people.

The Bill, which goes before the full assembly today, is expected to overwhelmingly pass the assembly after it sailed through the State Senate late last night.

The Bill sets up the following measures in New York:

An expanded ban on assault weapons that broadens the definition to include semiautomatic pistols and rifles with detachable magazines and one “military-style feature”.
It Forces gun owners to renew their licenses every five years.
Bans semiautomatic shotguns with one military-style feature.
Bans any gun magazine that can hold over 7 rounds of ammunition.
Requires anyone with these weapons to immediately register them with the state.

In my opinion, the scariest part of this bill is what they are calling the Mental Hygiene Law. The bill allows healthcare workers to essentially turn in anyone they think is a danger to society. This means health care workers will now be able to decide who keeps their guns, and who has to turn them in. Say one thing wrong, or one thing that might be a little politically incorrect, and depending on the healthcare worker you could be in for a world of trouble.

Once a healthcare worker reports an individual, New York laws enforcement agents will then be authorized to confiscate any firearm owned by the “dangerous patient”. The bill also gives New York officials more power to commit these so called “dangerous patients” into mental facilities.

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MOVE

Remember this, everyone: the gun (pistol, rifle, whatever) is ALWAYS responsible for its actions when someone is killed, murdered, injured, whacked along side of his/her head.  It's not the human perpetrator of these acts that is responsible.  The weapon is a living, breathing, thinking, animate object, in possession of its own soul, and which has a will of it own. 

What we're implying here, is that when any one of these weapons decides that it's time to whack someone, it just jumps right up and goes right ahead under its own volition and begins its dastardly deeds....all by its own self.  I also believe that the moon is made of green cheese, and Santa Claus is real.  I also have the deed to Mayor Bloomberg's Brooklyn Bridge in my safe; if anyone wants possession to it, come and get it.

Wait...

...Are you saying that Santa Claus...?

Not too sure about the NYC area, but I feel that "Up State" this will not be as simple as the legislators hope.

WELL what we are going to do about it sit and bitch like always?

I live in this communist state for the time being. Our courageous Republican State Senators voted for this bill 2 to 1 in the wee hours of the morning  with only 20 minutes to read it. I am now looking into the states that have the most liberty in the country and plan move to one of them. Enough is enough. I was born a free American and plan on dying as one. Any suggestions on states to move too ?

Texas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska are at the top of my list.  Heck, that's twelve percent...

...Not bad.

Texas ... it's hot, and full of bugs, but we have lots of freedom & open spaces, and best of all ... hardly any snow at all.

Arizona is a good choise and your get out of those harsh winters ( if you can withstand the summer heat! ).

Where does it stop ... if you are depressed, are you ten mentally incompetent? Do you know how many people current take or have taken anti-depressents!!!!???

I thought we lived in America, not Russia ...

WELL, Under the present government of New York, what would you expect !    Watch California and Illinois follow with copycat or even more draconian legislation, to try and top NY as the most restrictive state in the union.

Does it matter what State it is. Whether it's liberal or conservative the constitution still applies doesn't it ? I think this and Obamas EOs are headed for a show down in the SCOTUS. Unfortunately we have no confidence in them either. The founders told us what to do. I don't think there are enough Americans who will do it. Even a velvet revolution "sit in", has too many nay sayers. Anyone with any other ideas ? Writing campaigns, calling the Legislators, over all has been a complete failure due to the communist take over.

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service