Power Line

Penned by John Hinderaker

A few years ago, as part of its strategy of facilitating voter fraud as a means of winning close elections, the Democratic Party undertook a campaign to secure as many Secretary of State offices in swing states as possible. From those perches, the Democrats would be in a position to oversee elections and enforce (or decline to enforce) election laws. That strategy has been quite successful, but the Democrats suffered a setback in Iowa in 2010 when conservative Republican Matt Schultz won an upset victory in the Secretary of State race. Since then, Iowa Democrats have targeted Schultz.

That targeting has taken a sinister turn–a criminal one, in fact–as the Des Moines Register reports:

A Des Moines man has been arrested after police say he used, or tried to use, the identity of Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz in a scheme to falsely implicate Schultz in perceived unethical behavior in office.

Zachary Edwards was arrested Friday and charged with identity theft.

The Iowa Department of Public Safety issued a news release saying Schultz’s office discovered the scheme on June 24, 2011 and notified authorities.

Iowa blogger Shane Vander Hart has more, including this mug shot of Zachary Edwards, a Democratic operative:

Edwards is a former Obama staffer who directed “new media operations” for Obama in five states during the 2008 primaries. Thereafter, he was Obama’s Director of New Media for the State of Iowa. In the Democratic Party’s lexicon, “new media” apparently includes identity theft.

Edwards now works for LINK Strategies, a Democratic consulting firm with extraordinarily close ties to Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin. Its principal, Jeff Link, has served as Harkin’s campaign manager and chief of staff. Link, too, is a former Obama staffer. The LINK Strategies web site says that Jeff Link “served as a media consultant to the Obama for President Campaign, coordinating branding, all paid media and polling in 25 states, including seven battleground states (VA, NC, FL, CO, NM, NV, MT)….”

That Edwards allegedly tried to steal the Secretary of State’s identity in order to frame Schultz for “unethical behavior in office” is no coincidence. Iowa Democrats, as Kevin Hall of the Iowa Republican points out, have mounted a campaign of false accusations against Schultz:

Since his surprise victory over incumbent Michael Mauro in November 2010, Secretary of State Schultz has been a target of the Iowa Democratic Party. Interestingly, on June 24, the same day as Zach Edwards alleged crime, Under the Golden Dome, a blog connected to Iowa Democrats, launched a three-part series of articles critical of Matt Schultz. They were based on documents obtained through an open records request from “a tipster.” The blog alleged that a batch of emails from Schultz’s office “raise some serious questions about his ability to remain independent and ensure election integrity”.

Just 15 days earlier, on June 9, the Iowa Democratic Party filed an ethics complaint against Schultz, claiming the Secretary of State of used public resources to campaign against presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman. The Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board dismissed the complaint on July 19.

So on its face, Edwards’s identity theft appears to be part of a coordinated effort by the Iowa Democratic Party to bring down the Republican Secretary of State so he can be replaced with a Democrat. We hope that Edwards will get the long jail term that he deserves, but the more important question is, from whom was he taking instructions? Circumstantially, one would guess from his boss, Jeff Link. But if so, who was instructing (and paying?) Link’s firm? The White House? Tom Harkin? Iowa’s Democratic Party?

Much like Watergate, which began with a seemingly simple (if puzzling) burglary and ultimately unraveled the Nixon administration, it is impossible to say how far the trail of criminality will go if the Edwards case is pursued aggressively. Will that happen? I don’t know; stay tuned.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I hate to say it we can trust any democrats with holding office. They are all evil and crooked. I will never vote for a Democrat for any office again. I don't trust them any more. If the crap they are doing against the elected Secretary of State in Iowa is any evidence of what they are capable of doing then we need to wipe them off the map.  In 2010 many Republican candidates won the Secretary of State office. If we had a Republican Secretary of State in Minnesota Al Fracken would have not won the U.S. Senate race there in 2008. 

• It's unbelievable that Democrats aren't jumping ship to the Republican Party by droves. I wrote to my own Senators and Congressman in the state of Washington to do that very thing to save themselves and that I would never vote for a Democrat ever again, just as you have done, and that I am not looking back.

It is especially egregious that Hillary Clinton, who was trashed by her very own Party, STAYED. I thought she would have gone to the Republican Party hands down after the 2008 election. Instead, she ate Obama's words, "You are going to be working for Me", he said to her with bravado. Puke. In my opinion, any person true to themselves would have bailed and made their move count, which she was in a position to do. Now look at her. A Democrat through and through and "sold her soul to the devil".

• Do some research on Hillary Clinton and George Soros starting the "Shadow Party", (there may be a blog on this site about it!) Hillary works for George Soros, and HE made the decision, that a black should be there nominee, so no one could say anything against him for fear of being called a racist. I've always wondered if it isn't Hillary the scriptures speak of in saying "a woman rides the beast" (the beast being the end of times political system.) It gives the impression (my frail interpretation) that she thinks she has control of the beast but in reality it's controlling her!  THUS HILLARY HAS SOLD HER OWN FREEDOM FOR POLITICAL GAIN, AND IS FINDING OUT TOO LATE, SHE HAS NO CONTROL OVER HER OWN FUTURE.

She may well be put up for President if things begin to look bad enough for bo, but it would be the political machine totus has established, who would be running things if she wins!

Unfortunately there are MANY from both parties who will find out too late they're in the exact same situation!

•     This goes to show how low the left is willing to go.We will see wide spread voter fraud until the people decide to hang the

culprets out to dry.This is larger than people know.

• The entire Obama Admin is a crime,and allow me to share this

Last weekend the LORD paid me a visit,[whether you believe it or not]and HE was aware that I wanted to write in Michele Bachman’s and vote for her in my primary in May.While visiting me three things came out in conversation.One HIS presense was unmistakable,urgency and iminent was also in conversation.Last week Friday before S.Carolina primary someone here at my hometown stated that it will be decided before we in Arkansas have our primary in May.The LORD was telling me that we here in Arkansas will not have to make that choice.Don’t worry about our primary we will not have to make that decision,something really big will make choice moot.Christians trusting the LORD have nothing to fear,non-Christians will have a real problem.

• You got that right.

• Bill, I don,t know about all that,but one thing i do know is that God according to the bible wants us to stand up be strong and have faith in him,and he will answer our prayers.But he does not want us to just sit back and wait for him to do all the work,we have to do our part.History is about to repeat itself  and we can,t sit on the side lines and watch. We have to participate by,talking to our neighbors,blogs,emails,phone calls well i think you get the message.If i am able i will be at that hearing if the coward attends. Joe in Colorado)

Spell check would help??.

• Joe, I'm enrolled in IADT to update my artistic skills (At my age I'm flabbergasted God gave me the chance!) and my Faculty Adviser recommended I get the Firefox web browser since it was more compatible with their virtual campus. IT HAS SPELL CHECK INCLUDED AND IS DRIVING ME NUTS BECAUSE I EVEN HAD TO ADD THE COLLEGE NAME TO THE DICTIONARY BUT IT'S WORKING ON THIS SITE. It's a free download but seems to work a lot too much with Google for my liking. It's an open ended browser, so doesn't really belong to Google.

• I believe you as my Heavenly Father has talked to me on several occassions.

• Or totus (teleprompter of the US) whoever truly IS the one behind the curtain. (Although most of us think we know!)

This reply was deleted.