One way of getting the military to rise up and maybe execute a military coup (?) is to starve them out in the field.

Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face

If only American soldiers in Afghanistan were unemployed Democratic voters in Chicago, then they might be getting three square meals a day from the government.

But the military is the one place that Obama feels comfortable slashing expenses. While spending at an uncontrollable rate unseen since the last days of the Roman Empire in every other area, Obama has been cutting “waste” in the military like 20,000 Marines, Tricare healthcare for veterans and breakfast for soldiers serving in areas where he would only venture accompanied by heavy firepower.

Warren Buffett and other crony capitalists can pig out on Obama’s trillion dollar deficits. As for the troops. Let them ear MRE’s.

The Army has stopped serving cooked breakfasts to some of the U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan as part of its drawdown, a move that prompted troops to write home asking their families and friends to send care packages with cereal, breakfast bars and other foods.

The Army told the Washington Guardian the current cutbacks began Jan. 1, and affect about 2,700 soldiers deployed in forward operating bases in more remote areas of Afghanistan.

The Washington Guardian reported earlier this month that the current budget crisis in Congress prompted Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter to write a memo order preparations for sweeping budget cuts across all military programs to begin as early as next month.

Officials stressed other comforts at the forward operating bases may also soon be reduced, such as laundry and recreation, as officials look for other ways to reduce the American footprint in advance of departing the country.

They said the meal cutbacks are currently affecting forward operating bases in more remote areas of Afghanistan and not affecting the main American bases in Kabul and Kandahar.

Exit questions. How many cooked breakfasts for soldiers would Obama’s 20 million dollar Hawaii vacations and the 1.4 billion that his clan’s non-stop partying buy?

While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.

First Course: Steamed Lobster with New England Clam Chowder Sauce, Sautéed Spinach, Sweet Potato Hay Second Course: Hickory-Grilled Bison with Red Potato Horseradish Cake, Butternut Squash Purée, Baby Golden Beets and Green Beans, Strawberry Preserve and Red Cabbage Third Course: Hudson Valley Apple Pie with Sour Cream Ice Cream, Artisan Cheeses Wines: Tierce Finger Lakes Dry Riesling (2010), Korbel Natural, Special Inaugural Cuvée California Champagne, Bedell Cellars Merlot (2009)

Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were humanitarian social workers compare to Barack and Michelle Obama.

UPDATE: Here are some comments by current and former service members

Gee

How outrageous – when I was in the US Army – it was a requirement that they provide 3 hot meals a day unless in field. Failure to provide that was grounds for an immediate honorable discharge.

Warrant Officer US Army/US Army Reserves 1977-1986

Mike

I’m over here in Afghanistan right now and it’s no “crock”. I’m on Bagram and they just stopped hot breakfasts here as of 1 Feb. This isn’t about winning or losing it’s about what the current President is doing against the country he is supposed to support.

Ar’nun

I’m glad I got out when I did. There were two things in Afghanastan worth looking forward to. Going Home, and hot meals. Now the hot meals were not exactly gourmet, but they got you through the day.

Coach

When I ran a mess hall it was stressed to us to do the very best job possible because meals are part of a soliders pay. This is a violation of soliders’ rights. Where is Congress on this?

James

First off as a vet, I will tell you flat out no one serving active duty is going hungry. That accusation is just ridiculous in its face. Second I think it is really nasty that the government has cut back on giving active duty troops a warm breakfast but military is typically one disappointment after another. Be that disappointment about available duty stations, watch rotations, time allowed for liberty or just a phone call home, and so on. So as a veteran, I deeply sympathize but this is really just one more disappointment from bureaucrats, republican or democrats, who have no idea what it’s like to be deployed. This is however an awesome opportunity for all those who say they support the troops, to put their money where their mouth is by sending care packages. Here are a few trustworthy links:

http://www.uso.org/operation-uso-care-package.aspx

http://www.operationgratitude.com/?gclid=CKXrmau1k7UCFRKmPAod71EA6A

http://www.jewsingreen.com/2011/04/kosher-troops/

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not sure of his motivation but it sure is NOT to save money...MRE's are far more expensive than cooked meals.  IIRC MRE is about double the costs...

• Just another attempt by the unholy Obamites to discourage the military!  Maybe if he had actually served in the military, Obama would realize how tough things are, especially when deployed to foreign, hostile lands!  He has no sympathy whatsoever for the sacrifices these men and women make every day and it makes me sick.  The least the rest of us can do is send we care packages to the troops and do it often.  I can afford it, and most of you can, too, so let's do it NOW!

• Haven't you realized that Obama, like the Clintons, HATE the military and have done everything possible to humiliate them and treat them as "slaves"?

• And the devil Obama and his free loaders family take million dollar vacations???

When are we going to remove this devil?

• Debrajoe, I guess I am stunned,but not surprised that this rotten administration will do eveything they can to

deprive our wonderful military. Something he cannot understand, OUR men and women are the best in the world.

Look what they can do with barely nothing. God bless them.

• I remember Korea. The cease fire had been signed, and they had set up a mess hall.  We had reconstituted powdered eggs, rehydrated potatoes, and maybe a strip of bacon and cold toast.....and of course coffee.  The Army lived in luxury by comparison and it was a real treat while traveling cross country to stop into an Army Mess hall for breakfast lunch or dinner.  Of course, the Navy supplied the Marines our food so it was always less elaborate than the Army, or shipboard food or especially Air Force food service.  But that was the good old days.  In the field, while on field training, we had C-rats,.  It was all bad, some was just worse than others.  But MREs became available during the Viet Nam deployments and even then the troopos often only had one meal a day.  Of course they learned their lessons from that war and the food service in IRAQ and Afghanistan I am told was the best yet.  But to stop serving hot meals even one when not on maneuvers or field ops, well, that sucks in my opinion and then they way they treat the vets today when they return and need medical treatment is not only appalling it is criminal.  I do predict that it wlll come back and bite them in the butt as it well should.  Trouble with that however is that those it should bite are usually gone and it is the little guys that get the brunt. of the bite. One thing I find truly disappointing is the amount of aid from citizens and families that has to be provided to the troops because their own supply systems cannot or wont function to properly support them.  Someone should certainly have to be held accountable for that fiasco.  Lets Start with the so called Commander in Chief or should we call him Commander in name only, and then move to the Congress and finally the top Brass and SecDef in the Pentagon.  And they have the nerve to nominate a Chuck Hagel for SecDef?.  I know a dozen Command Sergeants Major and Marine Sergeants Major as well as Master Chief Petty Officers that would do a better job than Hagel if indeed he is confirmed for the post......Of course one knows that competence has nothing to do with the appointment to that position....

• M.R.E.  ......   meals refused by everybody

• Maybe so Tony, but my "deep pantry" is stocked with, among other things, the current version of MRE's and if pushes come to shoves again, they're pretty tasty and will do the job. 

Semper Fi,

Clarence

• That's why ALL OF CONGRESS, SENATE, THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM, AND PRESIDENT WITH ALL THE OTHER REMAINING OFFICES SHOULD HAVE TO SERVE IN THE MILITARY FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS before being elected. THAT SHOULD BE SPECIFIED IN OUR CONSTITUTION.  WHO EVER HEARD OF A PRESIDENT BEING IN COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE MILITARY AND NEVER SERVED A DAY IN HIS LIFE IN THE MILITARY.  How can anyone without the knowledge of what entails about Military... command the military?  Come on, that is the most stupid move in the world.  When you are serving in COMBAT ZONES YOU MAKE SURE THOSE MILITARY PEOPLE GET ENOUGH FOOD, CLEAN CLOTHES, MEDICS AND ANY OTHER NEEDED PREPARATIONS TO TAKE CARE OF THEM.  You do not cut their supplies.  Here the Obama administration is living high on the hog, while the men and women in war are going without.  NO, THAT HAD BETTER NOT HAPPEN.  IF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION DOES WANT TO TAKE CARE OF THE MILITARY IN THE CORRECT WAY....THEN BRING THEM HOME TODAY.  DO NOT PUT OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN HARMS WAY.  Our elected officials, especially the Obama family, gouges on expensive foods, vacations and other trips of expense while our troops go without.  BRING OUR TROOPS HOME.  WAKE UP AMERICA, CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING?????

• Obama & his unholy administration, are the worst hypocrites in modern American history. They brazenly eat like a herd of privileged swine while our troops are being used for Muslim target practice & suicide bombers. With our modern capabilities, there is absolutely zero justification for our troops to not have 3-hot squares a day otherwise they are not operating at maximum efficiency, and therefore could pose a danger to themselves and their fellow soldiers. Obama is supposed to be their Commander-In-Chief, but he is a sorry excuse for one, and if Congress had any conscience or spine, he would be impeached for this and other impeachable offenses.

This reply was deleted.