Obama Sends $147 Million to Hamas-Run Gaza

Breitbart.com

13 Apr 2012

contributor-80x100-awrhawkins.png

Against GOP objections, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the Obama administration is sending $147 million in funding to the West Bank and Hamas-run Gaza. 

Despite a “hold by House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairwoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla.,” the administration is arguing the money needs to be sent on humanitarian grounds.  They did not, however, explain how they plan to force Hamas to use the money for humanitarian purposes.

And while “administrations generally do not disburse funding over the objections of lawmakers on relevant committees,” those associated with Obama have proven more than willing to sidestep Congress to place American tax-dollars in the hands of their friends throughout the world. It was, after all, just last month that the administration circumvented Congress and gave $1.5 billion in aid to the Muslim Brotherhood-run Egyptian government.

The bottom line is that President Obama, who claims he will act if Congress refuses to act domestically, has now begun applying that same philosophy to international affairs. And the problem with this is that the Founding Fathers placed many of our nation’s purse strings in the hands of Congress in order to place a check on executive power. Thus the solution for an impasse between the legislators and the executive branch is to either seek compromise or for one governmental branch to convince the other of the validity of their argument.

But the solution isn’t for the president to bypass Congress and send money to whomever he wishes, whenever he wishes, with impunity.

On another note, I wonder if Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu feels a bit taken aback by all this? After all, the Obama administration got Israel to promise not to bomb Iran until after our presidential elections, right before they announced this aid to Hamas.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Better to have the $147 million shoved up Obama's backside instead of giving it to the bad guys.

• The article is dated April 13, 2012. Here is more recent information about the U.S. money to Egypt.

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/middle-east-north-africa/26...

I hope we stop giving our aid to unfriendly nations. Let them get the money from the Saudis.

• I guess no one wants to coform to the laws, and there isn't anyone that we voted for that has the guts to enforce them.

I just heard someone say, The laws will be enforced.

nforce them

• So let me  get this correct, we are going to give 147 million dollars (that we don't have) to the Hamas regime, to me the basic question become, from where are they going to get this money? Seems to me I remember we are in debt  to the tune of  what 16 trillion dollars, so we are gonna borrow it and then give it away. !!!! WoW !!!! God please have mercy upon our country and it's citizens, remove the scales from those who's do not have eyes to see thru the maze as the Apostle Paul states in the bible. Give those of us who believe we are marching down to destruction of our country the strength and power to stand up and be counted for.

• I don't think that Hillary or Benghazi Obama can do this without  the House of Representatives approval.

• Unfortunately, they can do anything they want to do....Its up to us to stop it..............................

• What a surprise.  Obama is going to support the muslims every chance he gets, with or without our collective permission.  That's what he promised to do before his imaculation in 2008.  Most Americans didn't believe him. 

• Im floored by this!! I dont even know why I am.Obama is a traitor!!
  • THIS IS WHAT OBAMA WANTS..UNEMPLOYMENT, NO MONEY, NO FOOD, NO NOTHING..WE ALL WILL HAVE TO DEPEND ON THE GOVERNMENT, EXCEPT WHITE AMERICANS....REMEBER YOUR GUNS ARE NEXT......WE HAVE NO ONE TO HELP US BUT OURSELVES......THE WHOLE DAMN GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT, YET WHEN ALL IS DONE, HE'LL GET RID OF ANY WHITE CONGRESS & SENATE MEN & WOMEN AND THEY WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU & ME. 

• Folks I keep saying we need to organize by cells in every community to stop obozo and his band of thieves.  Where are our military heros that have been disparaged by obozo and his band of thieves and thugs?  We need them to organize us NOW and lead us in restoring Constitutional law.  Obozo is a traitor and so are all his followers and connivers.  Time is not on our side.  Now is the time to strike.

This reply was deleted.