http://www.facebook.com/notes/judicial-watch-inc/police-capt-punished-over-islamic-event/10150107074866561

Police Capt. Punished Over Islamic Event

by Judicial Watch, Inc. on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 2:41pm

An Oklahoma police captain with an impeccable service record has been disciplined for refusing to order officers under his command to attend an Islamic event at a Tulsa mosque.

The unbelievable story was first reported by an Oklahoma news station that obtained internal memos detailing how the Tulsa Police Department punished one of its top brass for dodging a rather bizarre assignment; to attend the Islamic Society’s law enforcement appreciation day and command his officers to do the same.

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=14075965

The veteran cop, Captain Paul Fields, said the order conflicted with his personal religious convictions and violated his civil rights. He added that attending prayer service at a mosque, meeting Muslim leadership and sitting through a presentation of Islamic beliefs was not related to his work as a police officer. Fields, a 16-year veteran who has earned many commendations, assured that he would respond diligently to a call for police service.

Fields was promptly investigated by Tulsa Police internal affairs for violating the department’s obedience policy and he subsequently got “reassigned.” The department memos linked in the story indicate that the Muslim event, scheduled for next month, was originally voluntary to attend but few officers signed up and it became mandatory.

A deputy chief distributed a follow up memo ordering each patrol division to send six officers and three supervisors to the event, which is described as a “community outreach operation” that’s as much a part of police work as responding to calls. The department has participated in similar outreach events at a Jewish center and various churches that cater to African Americans and Hispanics, the assistant chief said.

Captain Fields remains adamant that he should not be forced to attend the Islamic gathering and has filed a federal lawsuit claiming that his First Amendment rights were violated by the department and the deputy chief who ordered him to. He is asking for $1 in damages.

A separate case involving Muslim rights put Oklahoma in the headlines just a few months ago. The state actually got sued over a voter-approved measure prohibiting courts from considering Sharia law—the authoritarian doctrine that inspires Islamists and their jihadism—when ruling on cases. The suit claims the law is “anti-Islam” and unconstitutional because it forbids judges from contemplating Islamic principles.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2010/nov/unconstitutional-ban-islamic-law-u-s-courts

Patriots please flood Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan with calls about this. Maybe he needs to be made to attend some classes on Islam. Maybe he should read the quran, hadiths and suras - And not the watered down version that CAIR (shadow group of Muslim Brotherhood) hands out to all government officials.

Twana

Please call the Tulsa Police Chief, Chuck Jordan and tell him you support Captain Paul Fields in his decision NOT to attend or assign his officers to an Islamic event on the taxpayers dime! Chief Jordan can be reached at:
(918) 596-9328

Also call Reps. and Oklahoma News Stations with your opinions about this:

Oklahoma State Legislature

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin

Oklahoma State Senate Pages are down at this time.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I called and was told they are going to continue to go to events at the Muslims whatever.
  • I wonder what the Muslim in charge thinks, i think he would say they are acting stupidly.
  • Just as you would think, he is not available to answer for what he has done, but if enough of us voters call he might get the message. We should be free to do or not to do an event like tthat. Is this not still not America. I don't mean hyphenated American. Just American.
  •      I also called and a very pleasant secretary answered stating that the phones have been swamped all day since 8:00 A.M. this morning with questions about this issue. Was also told that it is all over the news there too.

I could understand having L.E.O.'s at any high profile event for protection but not for political kowtowing. I'm sure there are many that would like to know what happened to the policy of separation of Religions/State issues? Just suppose that Cpt. Fields might be Non-Sectarian, or even an atheist? Would this be complaint of being forced to attend against his beliefs? There are obviously many variables although Cpt Fields stated correctly that it is not a police service matter. Maybe in their future elections, the patriots of that area should just "Chuck" Chuck out!

• I'd send a coroner just to scare the crap out of the scum of Islam! It is time to sweep them out of the country, demolish and purge by fire all mosques!
  • YES - - http://www.ocpd.com/   The main number for the Oklahoma City Police Department is 405.297.1000 .  i got friends in OKC, I wanted them to check the phone book for the chiefs home number, theyweren't home.  I'll call later.  The P.D. needs to have Tea Party and Oath Keepers converge on them  for a loud loud demonstration
  • Australia, France, and now Great Britain have announced that assimilation has failed regarding Muslims...are you listening, Tulsa Police Department?  Or do you know something that the leaders of 3 democratic nations don't?
  •       OK!!!!!!! I called the phone number listed on this site. NOW!!!! PICK UP the phone and call. I had the officer bumbfungled when I took him off his typed out speech. Did not get mad or cuss. Keep cool and got my point across. Talked for 7 min. And THEY know how I feel. And I know that they know who I am and where I live. I told him my name and where I live, and know they already had that. But I dont care. I am a AMERICAN, I made a pledge to protect my country from all enemies, foreign and domestic. And will do so until I die. PICK UP THE PHONE!!!!!
  • Phone lines appear to be very busy!  Does anyone have the Chief's email address?  How about email addresses to the City Council.  They shouldn't be left out of the fun!  Inundate them with email and calls as well.  Share the joy!  I believe the Chief is overstepping his authority.  Of course that is only my opinion from a former administrator's point of view.
    • Ask and you shall receive Dan.....

Tulsa PD. addr. with Chief Jordan's email addr.

600 Civic Center, Suite 303, Tulsa, OK 74103 ♦ (918) 596-9328 ♦ TPDChief@ci.tulsa.ok.us

Tulsa City Council page with Links to the Reps of the 9 Districts

http://www.tulsacouncil.org/councilors/councilors-home.aspx

City Council

Choose your council district. Use the district finder if you are unsure.

All City Councilors have offices on the 4th floor of the One Technology Center. City Councilors are assisted in their duties by Council Staff members and by various citizens' committees. Office hours for the Council are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. All Council Staff members and City Councilors have e-mail, voice mail, and evening and weekend callers are encouraged to leave a message containing their full name, phone number, and a brief message, or simply email your Councilor.

This reply was deleted.