Time to put boots on the ground in session meetings or in other meetings. Talk TO and with them. Share the constitution and it's meaning. Educate them! We have many examples of folks stepping up and showing up at the important meetings and speaking truth. Also if you go to these meetings, please have folks record the meeting for a witness and for encouragement for others to step out and do the right thing! Remember these marxists work for us! You have every right to demand they do the right things.

Twana

"If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War."

~George Washington

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=10860

MEMORANDUM

Posted:January 11, 2013 04:29 PM
To:All House members
Subject:Firearm Liability Insurance
In the near future, I will be re-introducing legislation – former House Bill 2693 – that will amend Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes requiring individuals to obtain firearm liability insurance if they possess a license to carry a firearm.  Currently, the National Rifle Association (NRA) offers multiple firearm liability insurance programs to its members.  According to the  NRA website, firearm liability insurance offers extra protection for a person’s legal firearms and accessories in cases of theft, injury, property damage, and for civil defense costs.

My legislation would require all firearm liability insurance policies to be in the amount of at least $1,000,000 and to satisfy any judgment for personal injuries or property damages arising out of negligent or willful acts involving the use of an insured firearm.  The insurance policy will not cover any unlawful acts made with the firearm.  If the licensing authority is notified that the licensee’s policy has either been cancelled or terminated, then the licensee’s license to carry will be automatically revoked.  In addition, an individual who has obtained a firearm license or permit to carry from another state will be required to obtain firearm liability insurance within 30 days of arriving in Pennsylvania.  An individual who fails to maintain firearm liability insurance will be subject to a fine of $1,000 for the first offense. 

Individuals are currently required to purchase auto insurance in Pennsylvania, and firearm insurance would be in a similar risk management category.  Individuals who are injured as a result of a firearm would have their medical bills covered under the firearms’ liability insurance.  Furthermore, liability insurance would also cover any civil judgments against an owner of a firearm that may arise out of the use of a firearm. 

If you have any questions regarding this important legislation, please contact Germaine Brown in my Harrisburg office via email at gbrown@pahouse.net or at 717-772-6955.
View Attachment

(Introduced as HB521)

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Now we know what lobby group he owe's.

• no offense to the "Johnny's" in the world....but is Johnny gang banger going to have to get this too.....oh wait. HE DOEN'T HAVE A LICENSE TO HIDE HIS GUN. to have someone carry some extra insurance like the NRA offers is a good idea....A 100 THOUSAND DOLLAR POLICY, thats a little much. you don't ask that for my car.....or is that next too. do you really think "frankenstien" will pay HER insurance policy, as the AFLACK DUCK say's.......na, na, na.

• Another example of "STUPID"!!  Forcing honest citizens to pay for gun insurance?!!!!  I agree with Chris Senior......the gang bangers and other criminals WILL NOT get insurance. Oh....that's ok......honest citizens already pay for all the "freebees" illegal aliens say they are entitlted to!!  So, why not allow the criminlas to go without gun insurance and force decent citizens to foot that bill too.  I am sure I don't totally understand stupid things like this. My thought processes can't seem to wrap my mind around the reasoning.  Sorry!

• I wonder if the body guards that surround all these politicians will have to buy insurance for the heat that they're packing? Or, will you and I pay their insurance just as we do for any other government employee. Just askin'

I'd like to see a pro 2nd Amendment politician introduce a bill making it illegal for politician's body guards, including the regime in the white house, to carry firearms. THAT would make politicians see how it feels to be like an ordinary citizen - at the mercy of armed criminals who obey no gun laws.

• The insurance industries and the trial lawyer association is in a position to take a large amount of control of the economy in this nation.

• They took control years ago.

• Let the war begin.

• DUDE! The war's already started! It got more serious on inauguration day after the 2008 election.

• Our members in Pennsylvania need to jump all over this guy...and let him know that HE is facing a recall election for malfiesance in office with his spurrious bill which only adds more financial burdens on Pennsylvania residents.

Once you get out of the cities in Pa., there are at least 2 guns per person...

• Liberals are never happy, and they want to be sure that no one else is, either.  This sort of thing began over forty years ago when America was completely immersed in "the muscle-car era", which began in the 1950's and was in full swing by the mid-sixties.  The libs brought us the smog panic, but, when the manufacturers and tinkerers were able to get the cars to "pass the smog test" and still go fast, this insurance nonsense started.  By the early seventies, a young man's insurance premium payment on his shiny new GTO was often more than his loan payment.

The smog nazis made another pass or two, and, by the mid-seventies, the cars were no longer fast enough to be the "hazard" that the insurance companies purported them to be.  We should note, though, that the insurance rates never went down.

Expect a LOT more of this insanity if Big Brother is unable to pass legislation which further infringes upon our right(s) described in The Second Amendment.

There is always another path to tyranny.

This reply was deleted.