PFA - We need 1,000 Letters

ALL PFA Members and visitors, We need a thousand letters, (1,000 or more if possible).

I am talking here about freeing Terry Trussell.
Most members know the story of Terry Trussell by now, but what many people are not aware of is that right now we are on a big push, and attempt to free Terry from the Florida prison.
Right now we have an opportunity to that will never come around again. We may have an opportunity to present requests for full Commutation of Terry's sentence, a request for full Clemency, and a request to restore all his civil rights as a US Citizen. We may have an opportunity top make a presentation directly to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

Our battle to free Terry Trussell is now shaping up to be on two different fronts;
#1) involves making formal requests to the Florida Executive Clemency Board. This has already been done once but it was rejected on technical grounds that Terry must first complete 1/3 of his sentence. That is 35 months. As of the time that our requests were submitted he only had 32 months completed. According to records April 16th will be the date that marks his 35th month. At that point a new letter and formal request for Clemency must be submitted and approved. That request for clemency will require letters to the Governor seeking Terry's release.

#2) Our second alternative direction also requires much the same type of paperwork, A Formal request for full Commutation of his sentence, full Clemency by the Executive Board of Clemency, and also a request that the Governor issue a full and complete restoration of all his civil rights as a US Citizen.

We are currently working on getting a face-to-face office meeting with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
We are trying to get that meeting some time essentially as early as possible but hopefully some time around April 15th. If we can secure and obtain the attention of the Governor then we will do a formal presentation of all the facts and the requests for full Commutation and release of Terry Trussell.
But in order to do that we need as many letters of support as we can possibly get.
That means YOU.  I am asking every member of this Patriots For America forum site to help, get involved NOW. This is the time to use this network to it's best advantage, communications and cooperation. There really is power in numbers, and in this matter numbers really DO matter.

Copy and download the letter below or write your own. I will provide all the information necessary to send and collect your letters so that they can all be delivered directly to the Governor.
My letter is included here to be used either directly just as it is, or to be used as an example of what needs to  be said.
Please note that this letter requests Commutation of Sentence - NOT a Pardon. It also requests full Clemency, again NOT a Pardon. Those words become important when dealing with this Florida court system.

My letter is included here as a reply to this main appeal for your help. Please either copy and print this letter or use it as a templet to write your own.
It's time to get involved folks. Lets get Terry Trussell out of the Florida prison.
DO IT NOW.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To:

Governor Ron DeSantis

State of Florida
    The Capitol
    400 S. Monroe St.
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Dear Governor DeSantis;
     Congratulations on your election as Governor of the great State of Florida.
    We wish you success in all your endeavors as Governor. We are confident that under your leadership the State of Florida will continue to grow and prosper.

However there is one issue of great importance that we must beg your attention to. That is the release and clemency of a 75 year old Vietnam war veteran who is currently being held in a Florida State prison for what we consider to be false and excessive charges.

Governor DeSantis, Sir, This is a request for consideration of commutation of sentence, Clemency, and restoration of all civil rights, and the immediate release for Mister Terry George Trussell.

Terry Trussell is currently an inmate in a Florida prison.
    (D.O.C. #I15405) He was convicted of five third-degree Felonies;
    -2 counts “impersonating a public official”, himself a Grand Jury foreman;
    -2 counts “Simulating Legal Process”;

-1 count “Harassment of a public official”;

His direct appeal resulted in a very strong dissenting opinion which is currently in review before the Florida Supreme Court.

Mr. Trussell's “crimes” were non-violent, over-broadly construed by State and not supported by evidence or testimony.

The facts of the case are that Terry Trussell, a duly-seated and court appointed Statutory Grand Jury Foreman, attempted to present allegations of official misconduct to his Grand Jury, (§905.20). His effort was thwarted by the State Attorney, and his request for advice from the court was ignored.
    (§905.18).

Trussell finally sought assistance from FDLE, who filed numerous complaints and obtained warrants for Trussell's arrest.
    Terry Trussell's conviction and his 8-3/4 years sentence is a manifest injustice, especially considering his life-long record of community service and his having never had any negative involvement with the law or the courts. He simply tried to honor his oath to GOD, and fulfill his duty.

Governor DeSantis, Over the last five years, (this began in 2014), Terry Trussell and his wife (of almost 53 years), have only sought justice in this matter.

He has five more years to serve, if justice is not to be had in his case.
    The Trussell's are committed to fight this travesty until all appeals are exhausted or until justice finally prevails.

Mr. Trussell's record in prison, as it was before his arrest is unblemished. The Trussell's only desire is to resume their lives together for their remaining days.

Governor DeSantis, we respectfully request that you, and the State of Florida board of Clemency, take immediate action to review this case and these charges against Mister Terry Trussell and issue an immediate commutation of sentence and complete clemency, and the immediate release of this US Vietnam war veteran.

Subject Contact Data;
    Terry George Trussell, I15405

Union Correctional Institute
    PO Box 1000
    Raiford, FL. 32083

Executive Board case number, 415412

Sincerely:

• Thanks for writing the letter. My understanding is that Terry's wife needs to include copies in there next clemency filing which will be in late April. I will update mine and send to her.

• Yes Bob, You are correct. Marie needs a copy to include in her files for the new request for Clemency. That should be around April 16th as far as we can determine right now.
        Thanks for helping out and getting involved.
        We need as many letters as we can possibly get.

• Is Terry Trussell A Veteran?

• YES, Absolutely, Terry is a VietNam WAR Combat veteran.

• I sent out a message broadcast to all members of the PFA web site. But Ning networks indicated that they were having trouble with that feature of the system.
    I still do not know how many people may have received my message, (If anyone ever received it at all)
    Did any one receive my message broadcast email.???

• Folks, Terry Trussell needs our help.
    Right now we MAY have an opportunity to get him released. But ONLY if we can get hundreds or thousands of letters written to the Governor of Florida.

We are trying to get an Face-to-Face meeting with Governor Ron DeSantis and his Florida state attorney general.
    IF (and that's a big IF) we can get a meeting with him then we can present them with letters requesting his release.
    The correct terminology for this release is "COMMUTATION OF SENTENCE", and Full Clemency.

So I am asking everyone here on this Patriots For America web site to help out, get involved, and write those letters. PLEASE........

The addresses and a sample letter are listed right here on these pages. GET INVOLVED AND HELP RELEASE TERRY TRUSSELL.

Do It Now.

• Letters can be mailed to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis at the address shown above;
    AND also for purposes of collecting as many as possible a second copy can be mailed to Marie Trussell,

Marie Trussell
    P.O. Box 1551
    Cross City Florida, 32628

• PFA - We need 1,000 Letters; Here is another one.

Office of Governor Ron DeSantis
    State of Florida
    The Capitol
    400 S. Monroe St.
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Congratulations on your election as Governor of the great State of Florida.

There is one issue of great importance that we must beg your attention to. That is the release and clemency of a 75 year old Vietnam war veteran who is currently being held in a Florida State prison for what we consider to be false and excessive charges.

Governor DeSantis, Sir, This is a request for consideration of commutation of sentence, Clemency, and restoration of all civil rights, and the immediate release for Mister Terry George Trussell.

Terry Trussell is currently an inmate in a Florida prison.
    (D.O.C. #I15405) He was convicted of five third-degree Felonies;
    -2 counts “impersonating a public official”, (himself a Grand Jury foreman;)

-1 count “Harassment of a public official”;

Mr. Trussell's “crimes” were non-violent, over-broadly construed by State and not supported by evidence or testimony. Terry George Trussell is NOT a violent criminal.

So what did Terry Trussell actually do to “earn” a jury conviction and prison sentence?

What are the actual facts behind the imprisonment of Terry Trussell?

Please don't just simply read the prosecutor's charges and the indictment and say everything is okay. You have to look at the truth behind this.

Let's start with the one count of “Harassment of a Public Official”;
    What really happened?

Terry Trussell was called to duty to sit on a Dixie County Grand jury, He was subsequently elected to serve as foreman of that Grand Jury. When he witnessed what he considered mis-conduct by the prosecutor, he attempted to register a complaint with the County Judge. (The prosecutor was attempting to instruct the jury on how they would find in the case they were investigating.)

When the judge failed to respond but instead chose to retire, Terry attempted to seek guidance and assistance from State officials. FDLE, These actions prompted the prosecutor to remove Terry Trussell from the Grand Jury.

At which point he again sought advise from State officials. Trussell finally sought assistance from FDLE, who filed numerous complaints and obtained warrants for Trussell's arrest.

His attempts to seek advice and counsel failed.

That leads us to the other four (4) counts against him;

-2 counts “impersonating a public official”;

What really happened and what actions did he take that could result in criminal charges and prison sentence of 8-3/4 years.?

Keep in mind that even though he had been “fired” by the very same person which he was attempting to register complaints against, Terry Trussell was a duly elected and appointed Foreman of a Grand Jury.

He requested County permission to form a new Grand Jury. Another request which went unanswered.
    Failing to obtain any response or reply to his requests for assistance from the State level, Terry attempted to form his own Citizen's Grand jury under the laws of the US Common Law. (See Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scallia on the People's Common Law).

That also failed and no Citizen's Grand Jury was ever formed or convened. And the prosecutor instructed the County Clerk of Courts not to accept any complains filed by Terry Trussell.

That was enough however to have county prosecutors file 14 charges and criminal complaints against Terry George Trussell.

Those four (4) counts and criminal charges ; (-2 counts “impersonating a public official”;
    -2 counts “Simulating Legal Process”; ) consist of ATTEMPTING to form a Citizen's Grand Jury and ATTEMPTING to call himself the Foreman of such a Grand Jury.

The “Citizen's Grand Jury” never actually occurred.

Therefore: -2 counts “impersonating a public official; claiming to be the Foreman of a Citizen's Grand Jury, A Citizen's Grand Jury which was never convened yet Terry Trussell WAS a duly elected Foreman of the original Dixie County Grand Jury.
    “Simulating Legal Process”; 2 counts, Requesting information and attempting to form a Citizen's Grand Jury, Which as stated before failed and no Citizen's Grand Jury was ever actually formed or convened.

Because the previous county judge had resigned and retired a new State judge was appointed, Judge Hankinson, from Tallahassee was called in to preside over Terry's trial.

Terry Trussell was ordered to appear in court for arraignment on 14 charges.

When Terry Trussell appeared in court Judge Hankinson call his name “Is Terry George Trussell here?”, Terry replied “I am right here your honor”., the judge did not acknowledge his response, but instead Judge Hankinson again called out “Is Terry George Trussell in the room?”, once again Terry replied “I am Terry George Trussell your honor and I am here.”. Once again the Judge refused to acknowledge his response. Judge Hankinson called once again for the third time “Is Terry George Trussell in the court room?” , and once again for the third time Terry replied, “I am the man Terry George Trussell and I am here to answer the summons your honor”.

And once again for the third time Judge Hankinson refused to acknowledge Terry's response and his reply. Instead of acknowledging Terry's reply and presence in the court room Judge Hankinson stated “let the record show that Terry George Trussell failed to appear”, and proceeded to instructed the clerk to issue an arrest warrant for Terry George Trussell. The Clerk told the Sheriff's deputy to arrest Terry George Trussell, at which point the Deputy walked approximately six feet across the court room and arrested Terry Trussell for “Failure to Appear”.
    (How could he be arrested in that court room if he had “Failed to Appear”?)

Terry was arrested and was held in the county jail in solitary confinement for several days.

Mr. Trussell's “crimes” were non-violent, over-broadly construed by State and not supported by evidence or testimony.

The facts of the case are that Terry Trussell, a duly-seated and court appointed Statutory Grand Jury Foreman, attempted to present allegations of official misconduct to his Grand Jury, (§905.20), and the County Judge. His effort was thwarted by the State Attorney, and his request for advice from the court was ignored. (§905.18).

Trussell finally sought assistance from FDLE, who filed numerous complaints and obtained warrants for Trussell's arrest.
    Terry Trussell's conviction and his 8-3/4 years sentence is a manifest injustice, especially considering his life-long record of community service and his having never had any negative involvement with the law or the courts. He simply tried to honor his oath to GOD, and fulfill his duty.

Since that court trial now 32 months ago several other serious discrepancies have also been discovered.
    Prosecutor Meggs may have had family members seated on the jury.
    The Florida State laws which were used to charge and convict Terry Trussell may have been declared invalid years ago.
    843.0855 Criminal actions under color of law or through use of simulated legal process.—

There are not only questions of Prosecutorial mis-conduct and mis application of Florida statutes but also the issues of the State over-broadly construed and not supported by evidence or testimony. Terry George Trussell is NOT a violent criminal.

And then there is the issue of the original Dixie County Grand Jury case which was to investigate charges that the Dixie County School board had excepted three (3) Millions dollars in bribes to implement Common-Core curriculum in the County schools. That case has mysteriously disappeared.

So WHY is Terry Trussell in Prison?
    To answer that question we have to ask what happened to that original Grand Jury case.

All records of any attempt to register complaints or any records of anything pertaining to any requests for advice or assistance in the original Grand Jury case have now been erased and deleted.

We are not seeking revenge here, we are merely seeking truth and justice for Terry Trussell.

What (if anything) You and the State of Florida do about that original Grand Jury case is entirely up to you and your office. That's YOUR problem.

We are requesting a complete commutation of sentence and Clemency for Terry Trussell.

Sincerely:

• Mine is written and ready for the mailbox in the morning. Being sent directly to Govenor Ron DeSantis in the capitol of Florida.

This reply was deleted.