Replies

• This is pure bullshit... Our military commanders and the Muslim-in-chief are more concerned with allowing transgenders in the military, removing the Christians God, allowing Muslims and illegals to serve and to put put woman into special ops units and not allowing this trained in the use of weapons to protect themselves than protecting the rights of this Hero. This is so out of line that it is a national disgrace. Everyone of these bastards should be ashamed of themselves but their too busy kissing the asses of those around them to realize what spineless cowards and unfaithful leaders they are. It's discussing and appalling to watch these leaders abrogate their duty and tgeir responsibilities and their failure to uphold the high standards of our military. They are not fit to wear the uniform or to serve America. PERIOD!!!
  • We need to confirm this before we get all bent out of shape over it.

But I don't doubt that they would do it.

The other side of this is 'Stir the-pot, Stir the Pot, Stir the Pot,,,,,,,,,Poke the bear, poke the bear,,,,,,,,,,,,

And sooner of later that bear will get up and rip your freakin head off.

Well all I can say is, they should be careful about what they wish for.

Yamamoto found out what happens when you waken the sleeping giant,,,,,,, Most people think that was our US Military, but it was actually WE-The_People,,,,,,,,,,,WE are that sleeping Giant . And this kind of crap will only serve to awaken the people even more.

They should be very careful about poking this bear, or this Eagle.

• You are 100% right R.P.  Before we get all tied in knots this needs to be verified..You know how the IDIOT LIBERALS like to see the right wing get all bent out of shape..So please lets make sure we are not playing right in to their hands...

• If true, this would be an outrageous and even inhumane charge.

However, the Navy Times article says not one word about charging any of the surviving military personnel with a violation related to being armed while on federal property.

Allen West's blog post thus far offers zero verification of his claim that he received a text message "confirming" such charges are forthcoming; a text message that was a response to Western Journalism's article saying survivors COULD (not "would") be charged with a violation.

The "no armed military staff on federal property unless in official law enforcement capacity" is not a law but a Department of Defense rule issued during President George Herbert Walker Bush's term and came into effect two months into Clinton's presidency without requiring his signature, approval or even knowledge of such in any way.

If any survivors are charged with any violation related to defending their lives on that horrific day, then there must be swift and loud condemnation of such charges and demands to change the Department of Defense rules so no recruiting station is required to be defenseless in order to comply with military regulations.

• not a hoax...   I just came across an update on FB this morning (apparently, allen west wrote it yesterday).  it's posted on his allenbwest.com website:

What’s happening to this heroic Navy officer from the Chattanooga s...

• From Col. Allen West's web page:

Ladies and gents, resulting from the text message I received yesterday, I can confirm that the United States Navy is bringing charges against Lt. Cmdr Timothy White for illegally discharging a firearm on federal property.

• I've read Col. West's blog post three times and still cannot find mention of who sent that confirming text message to him, nor can I find evidence of the actual text message itself.  Col. West does NOT say that info is secret; he simply does not provide or speak to that identifying information at all.

It's not impossible that somebody evil-doer is pulling a fast one on Col. West, since text messages are easy to spoof/hack.  Note that Col. West makes no mention of speaking to anyone by phone or by email to confirm the "confirmation" he received only via one single text message.  If Col West does discover that the text message he received was either in error or an intentional trick to deceive him, I do trust that he will update his blog post accordingly and make effort to find the source of said false info.

The U.S. Navy has itself denied on their Facebook page that they are laying charges on any survivor of that terrorist attack.  Hopefully a major U.S. Navy press release will be following very shortly, as well.

https://www.facebook.com/USNavy/posts/10152968633497823?comment_id=...

U.S. Navy
        USS JOHN WARNER #SSN785 was commissioned today at Naval Station Norfolk. Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus put it best, "The commissioning of the USS J…
  • Texas Rep Louie Gohmert says he is astounded that Americans are not standing up and demanding Impeachment.

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me !!! What in hell has he been listening too? Or perhaps a better question is Who is blocking all the real news from these people?

If I remember correctly OAS delivered articles of impeachment to ALL 535 members of Congress last May 2014. Those packages went at least to their staffers right there in their offices in Washington. Now if those staffers blocked the Reps from ever seeing them or receiving them personally then we have an answer as to why OAS failed in our mission.

We may have some asses to kick.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/louie-gohmert-astounded-ameri...

• another article, from WND (based on west's article yesterday):

Allen West: Navy to prosecute Chattanooga hero

• Clickbait Crap on the Chattanooga Attack

By Mark Alexander

Dear Allen West, stop the viral clickbait crap! In our commentary regarding the Islamist assault in Chattanooga on July 16, which cost four Marines and one Navy Petty Officer their lives, we noted that our sources advised there were at least two personal weapons belonging to military personnel recovered at the Reserve Center.

We also berated the restrictions against such weapons at thousands of similar facilities and recruiting stations, where there are no security personnel. However, we also noted that if any military personnel were in possession of personal weapons, that would be a UCMJ violation and by law, Navy JAG will be obligated to review this case. JAG should not be condemned for doing just that.

Indeed, Lt. Cmdr. Tim White confirmed that he was in possession of a personal weapon and did return fire — either suppression cover fire to allow his personnel to take cover, or perhaps he fired directly at the assailant.

Again, by law, this would be subject to review — and that has been understood from the moment personal weapons were recovered, despite the fact they were used for self-defense. In the absence of those weapons, there may have been many more casualties. There are a number of ways White can be absolved — clearly many bases were on elevated security status at the time of the attack, and maybe he can be credited with taking personal initiative in this case. Perhaps he has a legal carry permit in Tennessee and JAG can dismiss further action on that basis.

Unfortunately, my colleague Allen West has taken it upon himself to short circuit that review — knowing full well the review will have to take place. West has trumpeted what we all already knew! Obviously there is a constitutional obligation to review this case. West distributed an email claiming insider information that the Navy was going to prosecute White — typical of the viral clickbait claims too often circulated among some conservative quarters. In fact, West's sensationalist claim could create more problems for White than it solves.

Contrary to West's assertions, the Navy has released a statement indicating that they have not charged White, have not prepared charges against White, and are a long way from making any such determination about this tragedy.

Comment | Share

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
yesterday
Sunday
Apr 8
Mar 31