"I never thought we would face sequestration after the President had already cut $467 billion out of our national security budget, and now the military is facing a rapid decline in its capability to perform at maximum potential. The longer we allow military readiness to decline the more money and time it will take to rebuild. We have fallen victim to the misguided belief that as the wars of today wind down, we can afford to cut investments in national security. I remember when defending America always had priority over everything. My top priorities include finding a long term solution to ending defense sequestration and protecting the readiness of our military, and I will fight for this as we work to pass the NDAA in the Senate:"

Sen. Jim Inhofe

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for this article.

• OBAMA IS TAKEN MONEY FROM AMERICAS MILITARY TO BUILD HIS OWN  ( AS IN ALL COMMUNIST COUNTRY'S THEY NEED A BIG MILITARY === NOT TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE BUT TO PROTECT HIMSELF FROM THE PEOPLE === ) .

• I was thinking that same thing.

• ME TO....WHEN IS THE MILITARY GOING TO ARREST O.....TREASON COMES TO MIND.

• I don't know how they can stand up there and posture, when there is a known majority of the Congress and DoD that have dipped into funds and left non-viable IOU's in the bucket, and have the guts to find fault with the entitlements that were earned.  The entitlements programs, retirement, medical and the civilian entitlement that were converted to support the nanny state.  If you have sipped out of the stolen cache, then you are guilty.

• I would like to know if they have taken the control out for the President of the United States to determine what actions can occur in the Civilian population and by whom? The controls in this document need to be removed from the WH and moved back to Congress where they belong. The Resident should only be responsible for command decisions on Military only.

And if the congress did NOT remove those controls, then everyone of the congress that votes for the NDAA for 2014 is complicit with the Resident of the WH

• Its so nice to have a boss like the white house community organizer, isn't it?

This is how a commander in chief behaves?

A rather sad commentary.

• Notice the lack of participation in this. We are talking about the oath all take. To defend and protect! This is outrageous. Ovomit is doing away with the strongest and most compassionate military in human history. Ovomit is doing this to demoralize our military. As always if he doesn't get what he wants he strikes the heart of patriots. This traitor needs to be stopped.

This reply was deleted.