Is this true and if so do state attorney generals have the authority to rewrite the U.S. Constitution, State Constitutions and the sheriffs authority and duties?

Twana

H/T to Cristi Ritchey

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=3590

By Pat Shannan

Sheriff Jeff Christopher of Sussex County, Delaware, when he was elected to the office in 2010, thought he was handpicked by the people to represent them as the highest-ranking law officer in the county. Instead, he has found himself in the middle of a fight for the future of American law enforcement as a result of a nationwide effort to abolish the sheriff’s office altogether.

It is one more example of federal and state governments ignoring the will of the people as well state laws. In the case of Delaware, the state’s own  constitution stipulates that the office of the sheriff is a constitutionally created position just like the secretary of state and the attorney general. Delaware’s Constitution states: “The sheriffs shall be conservators of the peace within the counties . . . in which they reside.”

This time it is Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, sending out mandates to commissioners informing them that their sheriffs no longer have arrest powers. In an opinion released February 24, State Solicitor L.W. Lewis said that neither the state nor the common law grants arrest powers to the county sheriffs.

It would appear that Lewis is a little confused. The office of sheriff was created more than a century before the official founding of the United States. Delaware’s first sheriff took office in 1669.

Christopher tells AMERICAN FREE PRESS that the two administrations prior to his—as far back as 2000—began to notice a reduction in funding and the chipping away of powers of the office in general.

“Now my deputies and I have been relieved of all arrest powers and can’t even make a traffic stop,” he said. “Delaware has only three counties. . . The other two sheriffs . . . will not stand up with me” to prevent the elimination of county law enforcement, he said.

During an interview at the Las Vegas Sheriffs Conference in January, Christopher told AFP that the impotence of his office was brought home to him when he was hit in the eye and kicked by County Councilman Vance Phillips but was unable to arrest him.

Beau Biden’s questionable ruling against the longtime tradition of the sheriff being the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the county because of election by the people means the state’s usurpation of the office appears to be a forthcoming fact.

County spokesman Chip Guy announced, “The opinion from the attorney general’s office reinforces what has long been the position of the county [that] Delaware sheriffs and their deputies do not have arrest powers and are not in the same vein as state police or municipal officers.”

Pat Shannan is an AFP contributing editor and the author of several best-selling videos and books.

Views: 852

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't understand how this authority can arbitrarily be striped??? Is there no recourse for this sheriff??

What the heck is this load ? Are we back in Nottingham ? Has Duke Baby Beau  ass-umed rights ass-umed by the king ? Are  both ass-umations, being taken for granted, over the People ? Has the Duke Baby Beau ass-umed Preferential Governance according to ' Kind ', as in ; we will persecute ' THOSE ' kinds of people ? Finally, is this the result of aristocratic inbreeding, where in, Baby Beau is a frikkin' Dooky nut ? Dear me, where is the Looking Glass, or the Magic Mirror On The Wall ? Perhaps they can tell us; ' Who is the craziest of all ?' All this junk is beginning to look like a geneologist's nightmare among the so-called ' elite '. ' They " want to manage US(A) ? Ridiculous, they're like a bad drug, to which we need to ; " Just Say No " & ignore them & go about dismantling their stage set they've erected to obscure the gov't of We The People. It's in there somewhere, now, if I can just find the Ancient Key of Wisdom-----Oh ! Here it is; My Holy Bible. And they ' ass-umed ' they had hidden it & its Creator, so well.  " If My people, who are called by My Name, will remember Me------". I recall, also, ancient words of wisdom from my Grandpa; " If you ass-ume, you make an ass out of me & you ". Man, I hated that.( Especially as he had caught me in an ' ass-umation ' when I was a young smart-ass ! )

A Chaplain of Elk & Jefferson Counties, Pennsylvania  Sheriff Brigade; I will pray for the Sheriffs in Delaware.  The children our not responsible for their parents.

I googled this and found more than one source for the story. It seems to be true and very disturbing. I suspect this may be the first but not the last time we hear something like this happening.

What the sheriif should do is sue that idiot Biden and take his case to the people using a jury of his peers. The jury,  not the attorney general, prosecutor,or judge are more powerful than a jury of ones peers. He should contact the Fully Informed Jury Association at 1800-TEL-JURY.

Sorry but it seems the juries are controlled by the DA.  Most jurys (probably all of them) are not aware that they are independent of both the DA and the Judge, especially the Grand Jury who has the power to indict more than a ham sandwich.  If there was a Citizen's Grand Jury in effect in the United States today Obama would have already been indicted for treason.

The only reason the DA controls the jurors is out of ignorance of the law by the jurors. We all know the DA does not know the law because it is not taught in law school any longer. All it takes is for one juror to stand up for their right as a juror to the DA and the judge using the law and the situation will change. They may be offended but the law will then take its proper position intended by our founders.

THERE IS, or at least WAS a citizens grand jury, in the name of THE AMERICAN GRAND JURY, for which I personally served on 3 occasions, all of which unanimously handed down indictments of treason amongst other crimes committed by obozo and the DNC.

The indictment presentments followed precisely the directives of the Constitution, but were totally ignored by all who they were served on, from Justice Roberts of the SCOTUS, all the way down the government ladder to local judges and DAs.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

It validates for me what I've always suspected that being both parties are complicit in this coup. There are very few exceptions. Ron Paul was likely one and now Rand Paul seems to be a real crusader for the Constitution and conservatisim. Congressman Jeff Duncan, Trey Gowdy there a handful but even they have not been able to challenge this regime's head. I'm surprised Arpaio is still alive. Taitz too. What we are seeing is coming from OUTSIDE the country working their infiltrators INSIDE our government and courts.They've got their ducks in a row that's for sure.

Presently, I do not believe we have a real opposition party.  These considerations are the reasons why I feel so hopeless about a successful legal action to at least slow this takeover down. Righting this ship will take generations at this point. But this IS in my mind a communist takeover no matter what defining terms are assigned. Islam is a threat as well, but I think once communism really takes hold they won't be needed any more and be "handled."

I don't know how this gun grab will actually proceed but if we give up our guns, we're done! Of this I am convinced and I, personally,  know next to nothing about weapons.

Stingray ; It telss ya that we have no constitution and we have no LEGAL legal system because the system in place is owned by a criminal / illegal government represented by an illegal attorney general appointed by an illegal usurper president . Our supreme court appears to be a failure . If you look at history you will find the biggest violators of constitutional law have been presidents and federal judges . 

What a joke of a country we have become . And all because we don't have the guts to take up arms and end this insanity . I took my first oath to defend the constitution in 1955 and took four more reaffirmations after that . The oath is for life . I watch daily while our constitution is shredded . I'm too old now to be a leader in a second revolution or I'd be doin it . I'm not too old to join one but I just don't have the energy to lead . Where in hell are the leaders ? Why are our wealthy people not joining together and coming up with funds to organize . It's their fight too or do they think that their wealth will save them from the consequences of the loss of liberty . America is one disgusting nation controlled by degenerates and we are allowing it to proceed .

legal

Sadly, it tells us.....in my opinion, the perceived threat factor, of, We the People, by Congress......is nil. Example after example of challenges like your challenge and challenges in Georgia and challenges elsewhere, produce no marches, no demonstrations. Basically, the feedback, #1 from We the People, and #2 The Republican Party, and #3 The Courts, encourages them to take the next step towards, call it what you will, Dictatorship, One World Government, etc.  We the People do not act belligerently mad and neither do our representatives….We are and have been, too nice.  Things have to change.  (A no threat factor, can be an asset.)

Or maybe he should just arrest him and haul him away in cuffs and leg irons....and let Biden sue him...hehehe

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2020   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service