SNAP Goes Your Temper

Disclaimer: The following story will anger you. If you are on blood pressure medication, take a pill. If you’re prone to angina attacks, have your nitro ready. If you’re suicidal, remove all sharp objects within reach. Have tissues ready to wipe the spittle off your monitor. PJ Media is not responsible for any untoward consequences that arise from reading this story.

Those of us who work for a living, play by the rules, and take personal responsibility for our lives, are becoming chumps in Obama’s America.

Fox News recently reported on the sharp rise of participants in the SNAP program — the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — and in the process, found what you might refer to as “The New Face of Food Stamps.”

Daily Caller:

That new face is a pina colada-sipping, lobster-loving lothario named Jason Greenslate.

Greenslate, a 29-year-old La Jolla California surfer and musician who sings that he does not want a “motherf**king job” and has “f**K no” guilt about living on $200 of what he calls “free money ” — or what the government called Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Benefits — while he avoids a job to hang out on the beach, sing and chase women.

Sounds strenuous. Especially the chasing women part. What does Jason do all day?

“Wake up, go down to the beach, hang out with my friends, hit on some chicks, start drinking,” Greenslate said, describing his day to Fox News’ John Roberts in an interview for the channel’s “The Great Food Stamp Binge” hosted by Bret Baier.

“I surf everyday. It’s wonderful, man. Just get away from everything, clear your head. Get out with the boys. Have a good time.” Greenslate said.

Roberts reports that Greenslate has no fixed address, instead choosing the life of a beach bum staying with family, friends and girlfriends, living off them and $200 a month in benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which he uses to buy gourmet items at the grocery store.

“I don’t got a paycheck coming in so I qualify,” Greenslate told Roberts.

Get away from everything? He doesn’t have a job, no relationship, and no permanent address. What is it exactly he’s got to get away from?

Fox News’ cameras joined Greenslate on one of his grocery shopping expeditions. With his Electronic Benefit Transfer card (EBT), the vehicle for food stamp benefits, Greenslate purchases sushi, lobster and coconut water.

“All paid for by our wonderful tax dollars,” he said with a smirk, leaving the store with his purchases.

“I’ll usually get sushi, but make it my own way, they didn’t have any good fish, so I just got the premade stuff,” he told Roberts after the grocery store visit, explaining his typical food buy.

Greenslate and his friends grilled the lobster along with chichken and hot dogs and shared the meat.

Greenslate has no intention of getting a job.

“That’s not the direction I’m going right now,” he said to Roberts, explaining his ambition is to be a rock star.

“It’s going great,” Greenslate said about his state of unemployment. “Yeah, it’s going really well.”

“This is the way I live and I don’t see anything changing,” he said, adding that he does not see anything wrong with his lifestyle on food stamps. “Why would it be bad in any way? It’s free food. It’s awesome.”

This is one, clueless Lothario. But how much blame can we place on the slim shoulders of this beach bum? I don’t know if he has a clue where these benefits are coming from. He keeps referring to it being “free” as if he doesn’t know that other people’s tax dollars are supporting him.

AEI scholar Charles Murray told Fox News “Jason [Greenslate] has cousins in every town in America.” Time to throw some cold water on Americans like Jason Greenslate and put them to work.

Here’s a video of the Fox News story:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/08/11/snap-goes-your-temper/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They all need to kicked off food stamps and told if you want to eat get a job the free ride is over

• Thanks, I did not scream.

• That's  because  your  a  Lady,  As  for  Me,  my  ears  are  red,  I'm  pounding  on  the  desk,  yelling  vulgar  words,  out  of  ear--shot  of  the  children..  Then  put  your  hand  on  the  bible..!!

• Sp tell me, with about half the population on the take, to one degree or another, like this clown, do you really think that there's any kind of chance of correcting the problem by voting the enablers out of office?

• No wonder, we are in trouble in this country. That is California for you, no wonder they are BROKE. Everybody is like this guy, getting anything they can "FREE" as long as they don't have to work for it. Sounds like we need to put these guys into a conservation group and clean the forest or a salmon bridge, or build a dam or Street and Bridge. Remove them from SNAP and make them take any job, including flipping burgers and cleaning a restaurant, or better yet, clean a restroom.....nasty job......

• They were called the CCC Camps. They did good work.

• Yes, and often, you were sent out into an area, usually to setup a Forestry Tower, or build a bridge, live off the land, build your own shelter with hand tools issued to the camp. You would live in the wild and build Character, get some perspective on God and learn some skills that would be your foundational skills for better work. They usually lasted for one to five years.

• Well not all of us are like this guy! Ha... ha... but a lot of people have learned how to ride the system and have lost all their self respect in the process of becoming true liberal democrats.

This is why Romney saying he wanted to get people off welfare and back to work energized the Welfare bums who want the exact opposite to vote. I feel like a sucker getting up and going to work and I see people living in "low income housing" with new cars and furniture trucks unloading new stuff. Then if you say anything you are a racist.

• I work because I want to work, I don't want a hand out from government. I want to feel connected with other people that feel the same way, feeling some worth of their Time and energy. FREE LOADERS, on the other hand, That are able to work, but don't, I lose all respect for, they are the bottom-feeders and deserve what is coming to them, soon.

• Jason Greenslate is a public-educated, talentless, America-hating, Jewish, not-very-bright, slacker pothead who lives off the efforts of others.  Stupid Americans have thrown trillions of dollars down this rat hole, with absolutely no return.

This reply was deleted.