Constitutional Emergency

Earlier Twana posted a discussion asking if anyone was interested in a face to face meeting this spring to come up with some sort of an action plan rather than simply pounding the keyboard and commiserating with each other.  After exchanging emails with her she has asked me to take the lead on this.  So here's the deal.  I am offering to host the meeting on my property.  As the crow flies we're about 25 miles from the Oklahoma border and about 30 miles southeast of Fort Smith.  Nothing fancy but I've got lots of room off the highway away from prying eyes.  We can very easily control access so we don't have to worry about unwelcome visitors.  I've got lots of room for parking motorhomes and campers but you will be dry camping with no hook ups. The nearest town is 5+ miles away.  There are two motels in town.  Neither one is part of a national chain, if you know what I mean.  The next closest location for motels is Fort Smith. In case of inclement weather I will make sure I've got enough open area in my barn for us to meet.  Just remember it's a barn.   As much as I would like to say there will not be any costs involved that isn't true.  My septic system and water bill simply will not handle 20 or more people for 2 or 3 days.  That means porta potties.  We need to come up with an agenda.  How do we want to handle meals?  Every body on his own for all meals or perhaps a common meal at noon (burgers and dogs etc.) and on your own for the rest of the day.  I'm a coffeeholic so I'll have coffee available all day.  Do we want to see if we can get a speaker or two?  I know that most if not all of us are Christians and I think I might be able to get someone to speak to us about what scripture says about our right to defend ourselves as well as how do we handle it when our faith and the secular world overlap.  What dates will work best for the greatest number of those interested in attending?  I would say no later than May.  June can be very very hot in this area of Arkansas.  There are probably a whole host of things that I have not addressed. I will make postings to this thread as things progress.  For those of you that are serious about attending, in addition to your public posts send me a personal message so I can send you details without letting the world know.

Views: 1107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I work with a small public works dept here in Maine. That means driving a snowplow October through April. April is going to be a no for me.

The dates for the meeting have been set for May 16, 17, & 18.  We may or may not need all three days but better too much time than not enough.

May puts the date in a better place for me. Arkansas is 1600 miles and a 24 hour drive.... Funding will be tight.

Brent...let's think about a way the Northeast contingent could maybe charter a small bus and go down together, thereby saving money for all of us....or maybe putting together a charter flight.  It's coming up fast, but I think we could pull it off.  Do you know how many people from Maine would want to come?  I will see what I can do in this state.

As you know, I'm new to PFA, and I am seeing very little to zero activity on the state page. As for others I know, so far, I'm getting tepid response to PFA, and non committal to any preparation on the scale that is needed. It's frustrating.

Flights out of Portland, ME to Little Rock are around $500. Leaving from Boston would save only $50. Not worth driving to Logan. Would still need motel, meals and rental car in AR... Trip total right around $1000. Not impossible, but, tight.

I didn't check bus schedule or cost. The thought of 24 hrs on a bus is not pleasant. I'd rather drive. Maybe a rental van, if we could come up with a few more people to share the cost.

ROAD TRIP!  hehehe....brings back wild memories!

I will be there.

Here's is the latest update for the spring meeting.  The meeting is set for May 16, 17, 18.  Because of other commitments my wife and I have those dates are pretty much set in concrete.  We may not need all three days but better too much time than not enough.  Twana will be making up an agenda.  I will make a fire pit (don't want to burn up my pasture or woods) and firewood available.  As it now stands breakfast and supper will be on your own.  That's subject to change.  We have a couple of folks coming who have volunteered to cook.  Lunch will be a community meal.  Nothing fancy, burgers and dogs.  We will probably have coffee and donuts available in the morning.  We will be looking for contributions to cover the cost of a port-a-potty, coffee, donuts, burgers, dogs, etc.  we need to get confirmed commitments for this so Twana can check into reserving a block of rooms at a motel.  As I stated before dry camping will be available.  For those of you who will be camping you are welcome to come as early as you would like.  My wife and I would enjoy having you visit with us.  I have no problems with adult beverages, however, anyone gets out of control I will not hesitate to call the sheriff and have them removed.  This last statement probably wasn't necessary but I want everyone to be clear.  No speakers but Twana is looking for individuals who can possibly do some training.  The rifle range will be available after the close of business each day.  However, any problems and it gets shut down.  I hope I'm not coming across as overly harsh but this is my home and I am concerned for everyone's welfare.  Once again let me stress that we need to get attendance confirmations as soon as possible.  In order to confirm that you will be coming send me a personal message.  That way I will be able to send you an individual message with directions on how to get here.  Thanks.  Marvin

Not able to come Marvin but wish I could...just not going to have the funds for it.  thanks for your offer of hospitality though....that will be super for those that go.....

Would someone video portions of the meeting and post them here, for those of us who are not close enough or financially able to attend?

RSS

About

Old Rooster created this Ning Network.

This effort is focused on sacrifice to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Fox News

Tech Notes

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

HOW TO JOIN YOUR STATE GROUP

1. Click on State Groups tab at the top of the page.
2. Find your State Flag
3. Click on Flag.
4. Look for link to join Your State Group near the top of the State Groups page.
5. Click on it.

Follow the Prompts

How to post "live" URL in posts at PFA............. Adding URLs in blog posts that are not "live" is a waste of everyone's time.....
Here's how....if anyone has better guidance send to me.....
First........type your text entry into the post block to include typing or paste the URL you want us to view........when finished with the text, highlight and copy the URL in the text.......then click the "add hyperlink" tool in the B, I, U box just above the text entry, after clicking, a window will open asking for the URL...paste the URL in the box and click "OK". You have now made the URL "live"...........it shows some code before the post is published, it goes away when you "publish post".......

Events

© 2019   Created by Old Rooster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service