Students Asked to ‘Argue That Jews Are Evil’ and Prove Nazi Loyalty in Assignment Linked to Common Core

More gross "teaching" aids in our classrooms.....

Students Asked to Argue That Jews Are Evil and Prove Nazi Loyalty in New Albany Common Core Assignment

A screenshot of the writing assignment asking students to argue the Nazi case.

Students in some Albany High School English classes were asked to participate in the unthinkable this week as part of a persuasive writing assignment. The objective? Prove why Jews are evil and convince the teacher of their loyalty to the Third Reich in five paragraphs or less. 

“You must argue that Jews are evil, and use solid rationale from government propaganda to convince me of your loyalty to the Third Reich!” read the description on the assignment, which the school superintendent said reflects the kind of sophisticated writing expected of students under the new Common Core standards and was meant to hone students’ persuasive argument abilities.

The TimesUnion reports that students were asked to digest Nazi propaganda material, then imagine that their teacher was an SS officer who needed to be persuaded of their loyalty by arguing that Jews are the root of all the world’s ills.

“I would apologize to our families,” Albany Superintendent Marguerite Vanden Wyngaard said. “I don’t believe there was malice or intent to cause any insensitivities to our families of Jewish faith.”

The TimesUnion explains more of the reasoning behind the offensive assignment:

Vanden Wyngaard said the exercise reflects the type of writing expected of students under the new Common Core curriculum, the tough new academic standards that require more sophisticated writing. Such assignments attempt to connect English with history and social studies.

She said she understood the academic intent of the assignment — to make an argument based only on limited information at hand. Still, she acknowledged that it was worded in a very offensive manner. She did not identify the English teacher or discuss whether the educator faced any discipline.

Students were asked to draw on elements of the great philosopher Aristotle, and frame their arguments as either: “Logos” (persuasion by reasoning), “Pathos” (persuasion by emotional appeal) or “Ethos” (persuasion by the author’s character). 

Nonetheless, a reported one-third of the Albany students refused to complete the assignment.

Whether school faculty chose this particular subject matter for the writing assignment, or if the subject matter came directly from Common Core remains unclear (it could have been the justification and not a direct lesson), but the amount of controversial lessons administered under curriculum system is indeed mounting.

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Common Sense is less and less common ! The same objective could have been accomplished without offending an entire group of people and without promoting (even if not intentional)  the SICK agenda of the Third Reich

• Adolf Obama is moving fast.

• "

Education played a very important part in Nazi Germany in trying to cultivate a loyal following for Hitler and the Nazis. The Nazis were aware that education would create loyal Nazis by the time they reached adulthood. The Hitler Youth had been created for post-school activities and schools were to play a critical part in developing a loyal following for Hitler - indoctrination and the use of propagandawere to be a common practice in Nazi schools and the education system.

Enforcing a Nazi curriculum on schools depended on the teachers delivering it. All teachers had to be vetted by local Nazi officials. Any teacher considered disloyal was sacked. Many attended classes during school holidays in which the Nazi curriculum was spelled out and 97% of all teachers joined the Nazi Teachers' Association. All teachers had to be careful about what they said as children were encouraged to inform the authorities if a teacher said something that did not fit in with the Nazi's curriculum for schools.

Subjects underwent a major change in schools. Some of the most affected were History and Biology. "

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Nazi_Education.htm

• I am glad that I teach in a small southern community.  I teach history with no politically correctness in it.  As I tell my students, "There is much that has happened in history that is not politically correct. What has happened in history cannot be changed.  History is history, and we have to learn from it."

The first day of school, I always have this statement written on the board;  THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE EASILY PERSUADED. (I really would like to add that this has definitely been proven in the last two elections, but I don't.) We discuss in depth what this statement means.

Get a copy of The Children's Story by James Clavell.  Amazon has it for $6.29.  I just ordered two more copies so I can loan them out.  It is a chilling tale about a country who has lost a war, and within a few hours, the new teacher has indoctrinated the minds of the young children and convinced them to stop believing in God, their country and their parents.

I will tell you one part of it. The new teacher comes into the classroom and tells the students' teacher that she is wanted in the office.  The new teacher proceeds to ask the kids what they do first thing in the morning. When they say they pray to God, she then tells them that they need to ask God for something.  She says that they will ask God for candy. When the prayer is over, and there is no candy on their desks, she says that there is no God, or else He would have given them candy.

Then she says that they will ask their Great Leader for some candy.  She tells them to close their eyes tightly, keep them closed. They pray to the GL for candy. She eases around the room, slips a piece of candy onto each of their desks.  She tells them to open their eyes, and there is the candy that their Great Leader has provided for them. She tells them that they must depend on and trust their GL for what they want. The children are very excited.

There are still many good patriotic teachers in public schools.  The curriculum puts the most emphasis on reading and math.  Science comes in third, and SS is on the back burner.  The reading and math teachers have an hour and a half block to teach their subjects.  The science and social studies classes are about 40 minutes.

Many charter schools are being run by groups like the Gulen school group.  They are Islamic schools operated by a Turkish man.  There is a long waiting list at most of them.  They take groups of students to Turkey each year to teach them about Turkish culture. There do not teach about Islam during the school day.  They do it after school. BUT, no school buses run until after prayer and the other Islamic indoctrination has taken place.  Then, they take the students home.  Apparently no one is checking into what the Madrassa's are teaching, either.  Charter schools are not normally overseen by school boards.  Most get to assemble their own over site board.  They receive tax payer money, but they get to operate like private schools.

The public schools can once again become a place of teaching children to love this country and start the rebuilding of it based on limited gov. and freedom.  But, people must be willing to fight to take back the schools.  The biggest problem, though, is getting people to actually do it instead of waiting around for someone else to fight the good fight.

• I guess some teachers need to be hung along side the politicians.

• that is a possibility

• SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF BOVINE FECES TO ME!!!

• Didn't Bill Ayres help design Common Core? I think I heard that.
    What a disaster. I hope the parents and teachers (the good ones ) wake up to this!

• We have, but the Feds dangle all that "lovely" money in front of the faces of the state politicians.  They are so greedy for the money, that they do not stop to consider the consequences of the strings that are attached to it.

• From Accuracy in Media:

Home » Special Report » Terrorist Professor Bill Ayers and Obama’s Federal School Curriculum

Terrorist Professor Bill Ayers and Obama’s Federal School Curriculum
    Mary Grabar — September 21, 2012
    36 Comments | Printer Friendly

Three years after the Department of Education announced a contest called Race-to-the-Top for $4.35 billion in stimulus funds, some parents, teachers, governors, and citizen and public policy groups are coming to an awful realization about the likely outcomes:

A national curriculum called Common Core
    Regionalism, or the replacement of local governments by federally appointed bureaucrats
    A leveling of all schools to one, low national standard, and a redistribution of education funds among school districts
    An effective federal tracking of all students
    The loss of the option of avoiding the national curriculum and tests through private school and home school

Working behind the scenes, implementing these policies and writing the standards are associates from President Obama’s community organizing days. In de facto control of the education component is Linda Darling-Hammond, a radical left-wing educator and close colleague of William “Bill” Ayers, the former leader of the communist terrorist Weather Underground who became a professor of education and friend of Obama’s.

When these dangerous initiatives are implemented, there will be no escaping bad schools and a radical curriculum by moving to a good suburb, or by home schooling, or by enrolling your children in private schools.

How was it that 48 governors entered Race-to-the-Top without knowing outcomes?

It was one of the many “crises” exploited by the Obama administration. While the public was focused on a series of radical moves coming in rapid-fire succession, like the health care bill and proposed trials and imprisonment of 9/11 terrorists on domestic soil, governors, worried about keeping school doors open, signed on. Many politicians and pundits praised Obama on this singular issue, repeating the official rhetoric about raising standards.

It stands to reason, though, that education policies would be consistent with Obama’s agenda. After all, one of his most controversial associations, highlighted during the 2008 presidential campaign, was with an education professor, Bill Ayers. As a terrorist, he and his wife, Bernardine Dohrn, had dedicated their Prairie Fire Manifesto to Sirhan Sirhan, the convicted assassin of Robert F. Kennedy. It was for this reason that Kennedy’s son, Christopher Kennedy, chairman of the University of Illinois board of trustees, voted against bestowing “professor emeritus” status on Ayers after he retired. “I intend to vote against conferring the honorific title of our university whose body of work includes a book dedicated in part to the man who murdered my father, Robert F. Kennedy,” he said.

Read more here:
    Terrorist Professor Bill Ayers and Obama's Federal School Curriculum

www.aim.org/ special-report/ terrorist-professor-bill-ayers-and-obamas-federal-school-curriculum/ -

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Oldrooster posted a discussion
21 hours ago
Sunday
Apr 8
Mar 31
Mar 27