WND EXCLUSIVE

Supreme Court justices warned to leave marriage alone

'This is a line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross'

Published: 3 hours ago
sniper_marriage

Thousands of signers of a new marriage pledge, including leaders of Christian organizations representing millions, are warning the justices on the U.S. Supreme Court to leave marriage alone.

No “redefinition.” No “gay marriage.” No nothing.

“We will view any decision by the Supreme Court [overturning traditional marriage] or any court the same way history views the Dred Scott and Buck v. Bell decisions. Our highest respect for the rule of law requires that we not respect an unjust law that directly conflicts with higher law,” says a Marriage Pledge that was assembled by Keith Fournier, a Catholic deacon who is editor of Catholic Online, and Mat Staver, founder of Liberty Counsel.

“A decision purporting to redefine marriage flies in the face of the Constitution and is contrary to the natural created order. As people of faith we pledge obedience to our Creator when the state directly conflicts with higher law.

“We respectfully warn the Supreme Court not to cross this line.”

The justices are scheduled on Tuesday to hear arguments in a case that was elevated from the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. That decision said that residents of states have the right to define marriage for themselves, and the judges would not do it.

But that flies in the face of the pro-homosexual activism that has enveloped America over recent years, and even the agenda pursued by Barack Obama in the White House, given his pursuit of open homosexuality in the U.S. military and more.

Sign a petition has been created in support of ordinances that allow Christian business owners to live by their faith.

“We stand united together in defense of marriage,” the pledge states. “Make no mistake about our resolve. While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is a line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross.”

The warning to classify an adverse decision regarding marriage along with Dred Scott and Buck brings to the fore of the argument the fact that the Supreme Court has, in fact, released decisions in the past that properly horrify contemporary Americans.

In Dred Scott, an earlier generation of justices found “blacks are inferior human beings.” And in Buck, the ruling allowed forced government sterilization of specific individuals because “three generations of imbeciles are enough.”

Thousands of Americans have signed onto the pledge, including those with considerable followings, such as Franklin Graham of Samaritan’s Purse, Gov. Mike Huckabee, James Dobson of Family Talk Action, Sen. Rick Santorum, Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life, Penny Nance of Concerned Women for America. Rich Bott of Bott Radio Network, Jonathan Cahn, author of “The Harbinger,” Don Wildmon of American Family Association, Richard Land of the Southern Evangelical Seminary, Judson Phillips of Tea Party Nation, and more.

Some of the leaders’ constituencies can be numbered in the hundreds of thousands or even millions.

The pledge makes its case clearly:

“We stand together in defense of marriage and the family and society founded upon them. While we come from a variety of communities and hold differing faith perspectives, we are united in our common affirmation of marriage.

“On the matter of marriage, we stand in solidarity. We affirm that marriage and family have been inscribed by the Divine Architect into the order of Creation. Marriage is ontologically between one man and one woman, ordered toward the union of the spouses, open to children and formative of family. Family is the first vital cell of society, the first government, and the first mediating institution of our social order. The future of a free and healthy society passes through marriage and the family.

“Marriage as existing solely between one man and one woman precedes civil government. Though affirmed, fulfilled, and elevated by faith, the truth that marriage can exist only between one man and one woman is not based on religion or revelation alone, but on the Natural Law, written on the human heart and discernible through the exercise of reason. It is part of the natural created order. The Natural Law is what Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., referred to as a higher law or a just law in his famous Letter from Birmingham Jail.

“Marriage is the preeminent and the most fundamental of all human social institutions. Civil institutions do not create marriage nor can they manufacture a right to marry for those who are incapable of marriage. Society begins with marriage and the family.

“We pledge to stand together to defend marriage for what it is, a bond between one man and one woman, intended for life, and open to the gift of children.”

Co-author Mat Staver wrote at Stream.org that, “I argued that a bad court decision might require civil disobedience. I still pray that won’t be necessary. I pray the Supreme Court will allow states to recognize natural marriage. That would be a great victory for truth, but it would not end the fight. Neither the Supreme Court nor any state has the authority to redefine the natural created order of marriage. Marriage is no more a state’s rights issue than is slavery or the law of gravity.”

“This is the redline we will not cross,” Staver wrote. “While no one wants this conflict, we have no choice but to resist an unjust law, particularly one that will force us to participate in acts that directly conflict with the Natural and Revealed Law.”

He continued, “How will peaceful resistance be manifested? In many different ways depending on our individual circumstances; but in every case, it should be peaceful and it should be resistance. For example, if a state commands a Christian adoption ministry to ignore the difference between a same-sex couple and a married husband and wife for purposes of adoption, the ministry should not comply and should not close its doors. It should not abandon its God-given call and mission to place children in homes with a mother and a father. Only in this way will the full truth of the conflict be seen. Only in this way will the naked injustice of the state’s coercive power be exposed.”

About two-thirds of the states already formalize “gay marriage,” and the Supreme Court decision is expected to nationalize whatever opinion is released. Most of the states that do recognize the status have been ordered by individual federal judges to allow for “gay weddings.”

In one state, Alabama, the state Supreme Court justices noted that they had as much power to interpret the Constitution as the federal judiciary and forbade their state officials from following the order of Judge Callie Granade.

The Alabama justices noted that the Supreme Court already ruled, just over a year ago, that decisions about regulating marriage belong to the states.

Other commentators have suggested it might be time for “pitchforks and torches” over the issue, and several judges forced out of office because of orders they conduct same-sex “marriages” are suing their state for violating their religious rights.

The attacks on Christian business owners by homosexuals who demand they violate their faith to provide various services already is in full swing across the U.S.

WND has compiled a “Big List of Christian Coercion” with dozens of cases in which Christians have been fined, threatened or penalized for recognizing the biblical definition of marriage.

Sign a petition has been created in support of ordinances that allow Christian business owners to live by their faith.

WND reported longtime conservative leader Pat Buchanan urged Christians to fight the “LGBT fanatics” who are demanding they betray their faith, even if it means civil disobedience.

In an interview with WND, Buchanan, the author of “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?” and other bestsellers, spoke on the controversy.

Buchanan forcefully condemned defeatism among social conservatives and rejected retreat or even compromise. Instead, the one-time presidential contender and Reagan White House aide urged Christians to put the laws of God above the laws of man.

“This battle can be won, but it cannot be won if we do not stand our ground and fight against this moral onslaught from the left,” he said. “The hill to stand on and fight on is the God-given natural right and the constitutional principle that people of faith may choose not to associate with those whose actions are abhorrent and whose lifestyle is insulting and offensive to that faith.”

Buchanan dismissed arguments that “gay”-rights activists are simply asking for political freedom or the same rights as any other citizen.

“The LGBT militants are not asking to be left alone,” he said. “They are demanding that we accept the morality of homosexuality and same-sex marriages, and manifest that acceptance, under pain of law and sanctions, in our daily lives.”

What’s America’s future going to be? Pat Buchanan offers his opinion in “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?”

Buchanan added: “As the Romans demanded of the Christians, the LGBT fanatics want us to burn incense to their gods. The answer is no. If it comes to civil disobedience, so be it.”

WND also reported a team of prominent Christian leaders worked on a statement to inform the public – including justices on the U.S. Supreme Court who soon will hear arguments on the issue – that they will engage in civil disobedience rather than follow a ruling that establishes homosexual marriage in the United States.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/supreme-court-justices-warned-to-leave-marriage-alone/#ylpBBvGuWIs0q5fH.99

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My name is James Stuer, Jr. I am running for president of the United States and I need your help! Please visit www.stuer2016.com and volunteer anyway you can! Let's make this election for the people and by the people.

Be blessed,

James Stuer, Jr.
  • If it comes to civil disobedience, so be it, I will be there.

• One well-known news commentator just a little over 30 years ago once commented that "when" gay marriage is instituted by the liberals and leftists we will see our national budget crash."  The aids epidemic was beginning to swell so rapidly that those who were chronically ill were seeking ways of medical coverage through marrying someone who had employee coverage or who could cover them under social security.   The Communists who have been organized and then more greatly funded during the 1960s onward, have financed any and all movements that would destabilize our nation, our culture, our democratic republic, and our Judeo-Christian heritage taking advantage of all the "gripes" people have, funding them, encouraging "chaos" and "riots" and "civil disobedience".  Much of the training for this came out of Berkley and out of the organized crime syndicates located in Chicago and New York.  We have to find a way to counter these adverse moves against our society and our basic civilization and healthy cultural values.  Some cultural habits and practices are very much against a civilized society, and we must identify them and get those who support these ideas to abandon them for the sake of their own health and the health of their families and their generations.  We have a lot of work to do.  The Judeo-Christian heritage is the strongest way to promote peace, prosperity, truth, and good civilized behaviors and values.  Without this influence, we are and will continue to be a very "sick nation".  But this is the goal of The Communist Party and of the Muslims who promote Islamic Jihad against anyone who is not Islamic or who will not stand against the horror that is promoted in the Quram (Koran).  This is also the goal of Satan and his demons!!!!

• William, you have encapsulated America's problems in a "nutshell". The Communist strategy you speak of is in the "textbook" of Cloward/Piven. Good to hear you are well aware of what is taking place and how we got there. Also, the Prophecies in the book of Daniel and Revelations "dove tail" into what we are seeing on the World stage......and yes.....it is satan's plan.  

There is a  video documentary called......... AGENDA-Grinding America Down ......that is well worth the time of any one who cares to watch it. It can no longer be found on YOUTUBE but can be googled in your search engine......click on the 1:12:20 version.

I keep hoping the leaders in the Christian "family" would call for organized prayer for all our Nation. The gates of hell would not be able to withstand the onslaught of millions of Christians that are united in prayer .......bringing God and His Word back into our Government and our Country. Evil would not stand a chance if we lifted our voices in unison.

• Forrest, we must do more than pray. God created us to not only worship Him through prayer, but to act dutifully in all aspects of the Life He has given us.

• I totally agree Donald. I have written letters to my local newspaper.....sent "blistering" e-mails to my state representatives.....tried to inform my friends and neighbors (you'll notice I said "tried").....all to no avail. I keep hoping there is a better plan than trying to vote "someone new" into office...... I'm convinced voting is not the way to go....we've already done that! 

You and I both know what needs to be done but the problem is....we have no leader. Even if a person did come forward it would be sudden incarceration for them....or death. One would think the Military would come to the aid of their own Country but we all know why they do not. I feel helpless and the only thing any average person can do is pray...but....I do agree with what you have said.

• TECHNIDIGM: Yes, we should demand that all gay people suffer rejection in all matters of love and affection for each other. It is up to normal people to vow marriage commitments and achieve our 50% divorce rate without their help! Their right to be happy is not Biblical nor Koranish, so let them be outcasts from society forever! Freedom of religion does not include freedom from religion. God made all those mistakes in the natural order, so He is not perfect either. It is up to us to make it right by making sure gay people are not able to marry unless one of the partners has a sex change, which would then make it all ok. It does not matter that all people fall somewhere on a genetically mandated hormone spectrum, a spectrum of microscopic differences between normal and abnormal, and the boundaries of which are up to those of us who have dedicated our lives to figuring out what the Bible means. Let's round up all the gays and stone them to death. Those who want to volunteer to throw the fist stone please sign up right here or forever keep your peace! Here is the signup list:
    • Stone thrown

• Charles.........I'm not sure whether you believe what you write or not...........but God does not make mistakes; he is not a hateful Creator; but He does establish a "Natural Order" in creation.  He hates all sin but not the sinner...same sex marriage, homosexual behavior is clearly rejected in Scripture.  There is nothing that says God hates those that engage in sin, but He does hate the sin........anyone that continues in purposeful sin is rejecting God and inviting eternal damnation.........we can choose.......that freedom God gives us.......only a fool would make the wrong choice when presented with the right path..........but God gives us the freedom to be fools......

• TECHNIDIGM: What you say is true until you talk about "only a fool" as that is where you depart from making a wise statement. People read the Bible to suit their notions, state the obvious, then conclude with a weak reed. If God allows fools to be happy, so should we. If fools want to marry, we allow that all the time, and as I noted 50% of marriages fail despite God's blessings and profound ceremonies costing thousands of dollars. You deny God making mistakes, so all mistakes are man made, so the parents of gays made the mistake? They failed to raise their kids right, so I assume no gays are sons and daughters of pastors. The real problem is that we choose to condemn God's creations that do not look and act like us, while Jesus died in an effort to show grace to all of God's creations, even though we condemn them as sinners able to choose to be like the rest of us sinners. If there are no gay children of religious parents, then you might have a point. In any case, this country was founded largely in an effort to keep religious zealots from controlling and condemning others of any ilk, as long as they lived in peace. Thus, the only logical application of condemnation would be toward Islam, which is truly incompatible the the Constitution as well as the Christian religion. If gay marriage is allowed by law, then it is Constitutional and allowable, even if some have concluded it it not Biblical. Marriage has become optional due to its failures, whether or not the couple lived together before marriage. If religion made a big difference, then perhaps religion should have a say in such matters, but it does not make marriage any better than for couples who don't believe, gay or not.
This reply was deleted.