The following received from Marie Trussell, Terry's wife, and family............questions or concerns can be posted below in the "comment" window.
As you read between Marie's lines, short letters of encouragement and appreciation for his service to our nation would lift his spirits.
When we get info on helping with funding, appeal, and other initiatives, we will probably set up another blog window with appropriate subject matter.
Marie's letter follows:
Moved 7/26/16 to:
Reception and Medical Center (RMC ) at Lake Butler, FL
1. His DC# is : I15405 (the first letter of the number is capital "I", like in India) All communications must include this number.
2. He can write to us. I'm mailing his address list to him today, since he was unable to take it.
3. WE CAN WRITE TO HIM! We can send him stamps, envelopes, paper and a few small photos. (He can only have a total of 10 photos). He can not have more than 20 stamps at a time. If you want to send stamps just send 2 or 3, and as he writes us, we can send more.
4. Letters need to be handwritten except for greeting cards, in which you can include handwritten messages. No drawings.
5. He is scheduled to be at RMC approximately 8 weeks, and can have no visitors during that time. (We are all being punished!)
6. His attorney can visit him and talk with him via phone after arranging it.
7. For those of you that have a cell phone and would like for him to call you COLLECT, need to furnish a copy of your phone CONTRACT to them. Let me know. Will try to send them in together. I'm told that your service provider will send you a copy upon request, if you can no longer find yours. He cannot call businesses.
8. All submitted phone numbers, along with your names and addresses, must be verified before they can be activated for use by Terry. They are checking to see that the number really is your phone number and not someone with which the inmate is court ordered not to have contact.
9. This phone list will be, more or less, a permanent list of people that he can call. It will follow him to wherever he is permanently placed. Really, he can update or add to the list every 6 months, but the entire verification process, along with another copy of your phone contracts etc, starts all over again. (Don't want to go there.)
10. Most importantly, he needs to hear from all of us. He is in an information vacuum now. Please write to him using the following address:
Terry Trussell, DC # I15405 (first letter "I" is capitalized as in India and no spaces)
PO Box 628
Lake Butler, FL. 32054
11. Your support is so very much appreciated by all of the family, but especially Terry! You know how he loves to write, so expect to hear from him.
Michael..........I made a similar statement when we asked for a letter writing campaign for Terry at the sentencing event............pitiful handful took a few minutes to write the despicable Judge........
Now, we're asking for meager donations from everyone.........as you state, only a few have answered the call which asks my heart, if we can't do this, "what am I doing here" amongst all the chatter which is meaningless.
If you have no objection Michael, I would like to send your encouragement to all of PFA?
I'm going to contribute Col. But I have to do it a different way, Credit cards are all maxed out. I have money set aside for that.
Just a little info to keep this thread and Terry Trussell alive and on everyone's mind.
For those who have never met him, This is Terry Trussell.
What can Terry receive and how to correspond with him.
Update on Terry,
The appeal is being filed over this weekend, no later than Monday. Terry's attorney just received the trial and sentence hearing transcripts yesterday. These were the final pieces needed for the two filings.
Terry's new attorney got the appeal filed yesterday, just under the wire. His new attorney is Arthur Morburger. Hope he does a better job than his first one. From what I was told by people in the courtroom, she was really disorganized and always losing papers, which the judge used as an excuse to take out on Terry. Maybe they're going to use that as a reason to throw out the conviction, or at least one of them. Guess its up to the judge now. Does anyone know if the same judge hears the appeal or can they get a new one?
Here's a link to the appeal.
August 29th, 2016,,,,,,,NEW address and Inmate ID # for Terry
I sent him a letter but it came back, "Please supply inmate ID#"
,,Apparently they changed that again. Here's the new ID # according to the facility search;
Trussell, Terry, H-1, I15405
RMC - West Unit
8183 SW 152nd Loop
P.O. Box 628
Lake Butler, Florida
That "NEW" number appears to be the sae as the old - (first) one they used.
These people are too F__n Lazy to look it up in their own damn population index.
So they sent the letter back to me instead.
This is a reminder that Terry Trussell is still fighting his prison conviction through the Appeal process.
All he knows at this time is that the Appeal has been filed and awaiting information from Appellate channels.
I received a letter from Terry yesterday. He is doing as well as can be expected given the circumstances.
Terry's wife and daughter will be in Miami, FL in counsel with Terry's Appellate lawyers this week....there is some hope for word on the Appellate process.
The appeal filing can be seen on the Florida District Court of Appeals website. The case number is: 1D 16-3763. When you put in the number, you see the docket. (Google FDCA)
Also, there is need of financial support: We can send checks directly to: Marie Trussell, PO Box 1551, Cross City, FL 32628 or use the Go FundMe site: https://www.gofundme.com/justiceforTerry A check directly to Marie will save the GoFundMe fee...........
Terry would appreciate mail..........also could use stamps, envelopes, paper. A few of each in your letter. Remember each letter must be handwritten, no typing.........
Terry Trussell, DC# I15405
RMC - West
PO Box 628
Lake Butler, FL 32054
( The letter after DC# is an "I" as in India)
Blessings to all,