The Absent Pulpit by David Tooker

The Absent Pulpit

David Tooker

It seems like more and more the news is about outrages; anger welling up; people who keep on saying they’re not going to “take it anymore.” Actually just take it. Suck it up, and – well – what are you going to do if you’re not going to take it? GO out and exhibit some of that behavior that makes you say you won’t take it?

It is most unfortunate that the action causing our reaction in anger usually starts out high up and trickles down to the commoners, but that is beside the point.

What has been lost in the reckoning is that “doing what is right” mentality.

Apparently no one wants to admit that there is such a thing as “right.” It goes along with all that we have ever learned across the countless track of mankind since the beginning of recorded history – up until now.

We get collectively upset about bad behavior, but we are afraid to call it “evil” because – well, that is a judgment, and we are being conditioned to accept “non-judgment” as “judgment”

Madness consumes everyone – the angry type - not the crazy kind – although the anger has been precipitated by the crazy kind, right?

But I’m here to propose that all the hyped-up anger is faked and that the moral outrage is momentary.

People who claim to be shocked by events which often seem so gruesome that they might have come from a Stephen King Novel are just acting out – playing a role. They are acting like Roman Citizens getting all grossed out at the Coliseum, but coming back again and again for the next issue of slaughter and bloodbath.

If we really were angered and repulsed at those public barbarities, whether it be news of some women kidnapped and held in sexual slavery for years, or some self-centered, post-pubescent who knives and shoots a dozen people in the streets, we would stop slathering for more “information” about it.

News media would stop worshiping at the feet of the crises by refusing to broadcast about them.

Prevention would come knocking in the form of re-institutionalizing maniacs, taking down self-justifying Islomofascists, and stop permitting and accepting and tolerating the rationalization of anti-social behavior.

How can we permit arguments about releasing tried and guilty killers whether they are American Citizens, or Taliban terrorists unless we as a country have lost our grip on right and wrong.

We would have to stop trying to get cop killers like Ronell Wilson and central park rapist Antron McCray off on technicalities. The statute of limitations would be review and execution, and that would put an end to it.

Keeping a zoo of misfits and psychopaths alive just because, is a testament to unrealistic expectations, but can always lead to their release back into society where they can strike and strike again, causing more misery and chaos.

The rationalization of redemption is not in humans to give. It belongs to God alone.

Our hope is that we receive justification in the next world, and not in this one.

If there were ever a place where we have let down our vigilance, it would be in our houses of worship.

Pastors, Priests and Rabbis are so concerned about preaching social justice that they fail to realize that justice follows from obeying the laws of the Almighty. If they don’t understand this simple ferrule of life, then they should sue whatever institution ordained them for malpractice.

All things that we take for granted today, whether it is the ownership of property, that life has value, or that we shouldn’t tell a lie are all based on the rule of law handed down from Mount Sinai.

When in doubt, as historians say, go back to the first principles.

Leviticus 26:3-4 - If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments so as to carry them out, then I shall give you rains in their season, so that the land will yield its produce and the trees of the field will bear their fruit.…

In short, follow the laws – commandments – of the Lord, and the nation will be blessed.

Short-stopping God’s law with all the myriad of interpretations pounded out by Lawyers is because we are a hard-hearted people, and we want our own way.

Anyone of you out there is probably a whole lot smarter than I am, so you can argue rings around this business of following God’s Law with that silliness about “owning Canadians” and beating your wives.

But, you all know you are in the wrong.

Don’t try to be clever or smart, because smart cleverness is so way over rated.

Matthew 18:3 - I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Don’t get your back up just because I have bitten down on your favorite bone. If you want to, you can keep on calling white black, and justifying those anti-social outrages “misguided” but the real fact is that we have failed miserably at the calling of being “One nation under God.”

Our Pastors and Priests and Rabbis have become one with Politically Correctness, and therefor are failing in their calling to develop that God-centered world view that is the only reason they should be in the ministry in the first place. Anything else is heresy.

We are called to be a pure nation, and to not follow the manners and customs of those whose God is not the Lord, and so what can we expect?

More failure and more chaos and more deliberate mass-murders, enslavement to corrupt leaders, and eventually the fall of our country itself.

There is no guarantee that The United States is inviolable, permanent, and perfect. As long as we continue to strive for perfection, we will be blessed. When we adopt the “model” of Sodom and Gomorrah, we cannot expect that blessing to follow.

DET

You need to be a member of The Patriots For America to add comments!

Join The Patriots For America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• these words ring true

• anyone who accepts this tyranny, is a part of the tyranny or looks the other way is a traitor...yes, satans evil spirit

has consumed many......

• Another failing of our religious leaders is the unfounded excuse that they fear reprisals by the IRS for engaging in political activities—the potential loss of their tax-exempt status. This has NEVER HAPPENED. Besides, what different does it make to lose tax-exemption, if we lose our liberty?

• It's just their excuse for not finding out and caring enough to do so....about the ways they CAN do it...they are lazy and fearful and disgusting....I've teen trying to get pastors to speak up for 45 years.....and there is ALWAYS an excuse.......feeble ones.....it is true...the Bible....when the shepherds fail to do their jobs, the sheep are ravaged......shame on them...I'm so tired of their whining excuses.  Amen....Father God, awaken them, please.

• People go on various sites and rage and rage.. I think they get it out of their systen then  relax somewhere without thinking "What can I do"  or "What should I do"  I believe it is necessary for us to go on all of these sites and suggest they contact OAS.  That is what I have started to do.......Hope it rings a bell  and maybe some will contact and get involved instead of just spewing about how bad it is and what a tyrannical government we have. 

• Helen, we need more people like you! I have been doing exactly what you suggest. I also insert references to OAS and oas2014.com in my comments and replies on many sites. We have to get the word out. Our effort is already working, but we need to expand our visibility. Keep up the good work.

• There are also warrior prayers on OAS.  I copied one last night and will put that on some  of my  comments for people who cannot do any more than Pray, which although I say cannot do any more, Prayer is tremendously powerful.  I am also going to do that today as well.  I have also written to all my friends and family and suggested that if they can get involved to do so and if they are unable to physically go to help their are other things they can  do by passing on the word and also joining warrior prayers. I am 81 and I can tell lyou that 50 years ago there would be a heck of a lot more people in D. C. than there are today.......People still have not  fully waken up  yet.  This Traitor in the WH is the most evil being there is and will stop at nothing unless and until We the People stop him.  I think God for Harry Riley and all he is doing and how positive he stays. He is a true inspiration.  Wish I was 20 years younger, And even at this age if I could walk I would be there.

• I am 81 also, and I agree with you.  I have done 2 Overpass protests with the help of my walker.  I call Saul Aylinsky false god.  So many people worship him and follow his basic principles (especially Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton) of using immoral means to accomplish the questionable goal for some idea of 'social justice'.  That includes most Christian seminaries.  I know because I have a brother who mouths all the radical liberal progressive verbiage, and he has a doctorate in theology from Pacific School of Religion.

• It's all so simple... amazing that we have to synthesize to the point of ridiculousness to get folks to SEE!

• yes, seeing / understanding can be simple, yet who will fight ?

This reply was deleted.